E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iDrive CIC Retrofit - Who can do it in UK?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello
There is one more cool feature we can activate in a CIC - DVD/Video playback while driving.
Not very safe but passengers will enjoy it for sure

Patryk
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010(60) BMW 520d SE, Manual, In Sophisto Grey with Cream/Black Interior and Piano Black trim

Originally Posted by Patrys
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello
There is one more cool feature we can activate in a CIC - DVD/Video playback while driving.

Patryk
That would be pretty sweet, but the ticket from the cops would be less pleasing! Still worth it tho!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Originally Posted by Patrys
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello

Patryk

Now this is a feature i was not expecting! rest assured i will be haveing that enabled!!! fit a couple of screens in the back and we are in business!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe
Now this is a feature i was not expecting! rest assured i will be haveing that enabled!!! fit a couple of screens in the back and we are in business!!!
I have to prepare a few retrofit sets now and I am really busy, so no rush
Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping into this post. I've got a pre-LCI 2007 525i with DVD NAV and I've wanted to upgrade my iDrive system ever since I saw the new version. Now that I've discovered this post its exiting to know that this is now a real possibility. The only caveat of course being that it will be a substantially expensive mod. If I decide to go with this I would probably rather purchase the entire solution from Patryk as you guys are suggesting.

In terms of trim finish, I have a dark variegated poplar wood trim so I've got to figure out which panels need to be changed to accommodate the new iDrive Controller and CIC. In the event Patryk is willing to support possible future html programming of the CIC, it would probably be beneficial to buy the program interface also. External USB port for music/file downloads to the HDD sounds like a must also.

Here are additional programming options he has offered in the E90post forums:

Special Offer:
If you have a XP based laptop and you can have it connected to the Internet when sitting in your car I can remotely code the following features for you:
- automatic mirror folding with a keyfob (no need to buy an expensive device to activate this feature any more),
- automatic windows/sunroof opening/closing with a keyfob,
- DVD-in-motion - you can watch DVD movies with your new CIC Navigation, but only when car is parked. This extra feature will allow your passenger to enjoy movies/videos at all times,
- Euro front blinkers (sidemarkers) - your blinkers will go ON only when you turn them ON,
- digital speedometer in your cluster,
- do you have any codes on the dashboard due to installation of aftermarket lights/bulbs or the OEM E92 LCI tail lights? - these codes can be removed,
Loosing any existing functionality that I currently have by migrating to the new iDrive system will definitely be a step backwards. Hopefully coding is available for voice control etc.

Anyway, I'll send Patryk and email for more details. If anyone is interested I've copied his email addy from the post over at E90post forums. Hopefully he doesn't mind. (Do you Patryk?) info@modyfikacjebmw.pl
Attached Thumbnails iDrive CIC Retrofit - Who can do it in UK?-dash001.jpg  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

@Georgieb

This is what you will need for your car, for those who have wood trim i feel bad for you guys

51169156126 Panel, decorative with oddments tray. DUNKEL( dark poplar wood)
51459156041 Set of covers. PAPPEL DUNKEL(ashtray cover)
51456976376 Ashtray

From what i understand they working on the Voice Control codes. Personally its not a deal breaker because i never had it.

I got a retrofit blog on the Patrts and Mods section
https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...&#entry1184661
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Contributors

Nelson29,
Thanks for the reply! I've sent an email to Patryk with multiple queries regarding this install. I'll also update this thread with my progress. As a side note (and correct me if I'm wrong) but the part number listed below as "51169156126 Panel, decorative with oddments tray. DUNKEL( dark poplar wood)" is for the old iDrive controller that I already have, correct? I would be interested in upgrading to the new controller and suspect the panel would change also. Would I be looking at this one instead? "51169156127 Decor panel with oddments tray (Dark poplar wood)"

In addition I think I would also need the modified CIC trim since I have two slots for CD/DVD. I think this part number is 51456976361?

Lastly, I'm a bit confused regarding the ashtray components. Given the changes listed above, would I still need these components?

Thanks again for the advice!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Nelson29,
Thanks for the reply! I've sent an email to Patryk with multiple queries regarding this install. I'll also update this thread with my progress. As a side note (and correct me if I'm wrong) but the part number listed below as "51169156126 Panel, decorative with oddments tray. DUNKEL( dark poplar wood)" is for the old iDrive controller that I already have, correct? I would be interested in upgrading to the new controller and suspect the panel would change also. Would I be looking at this one instead? "51169156127 Decor panel with oddments tray (Dark poplar wood)"

In addition I think I would also need the modified CIC trim since I have two slots for CD/DVD. I think this part number is 51456976361?

Lastly, I'm a bit confused regarding the ashtray components. Given the changes listed above, would I still need these components?

Thanks again for the advice!
P/N 51169156126 and 51169156127 are the same part.. Its for the new controller, take a look at #22 in this link http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...1&fg=35&hl=165 and go down and look for that part number and you will see that its the correct one. You will definitely need the CIC trim and p/n 51456976361 is the correct one.

Here's the trim with the cic. it took me days getting the correct p/n.

You will also need the ashtray components if you have a Pre-lci. The p/n is 51456976376.
This is how it looks

You will also the dtc, dsc and heating switches, from what i hear they are about $60 each.

Here's a rundown of the p/n that you need, i notice that you're in Canada and im pretty sure Garry @ Newport BMW does not ship to Canada. Don't know if you aware but he gives e60 owners 25% discount, you will definitely want to take advantage of it. If you need help in shipping to Canada, let me know so i can i help you with the shipping. Also most of these parts need to be ordered from Germany so it will take 2-3 weeks to get to the US. If you sure you gonna do the retrofit, i would do that first.

51169156126 Panel, decorative with oddments tray. DUNKEL( dark poplar wood)
51459156041 Set of covers. PAPPEL DUNKEL(ashtray cover)
51456976376 Ashtray
61119185171 CIC HD Screen cable
61319167196 USB Port
61129196805 USB Port cable
51456976361 CIC Center trim
61136954526 CID CAN/power connector

Im still trying to get the frame for the controller and the black trim that goes around it. Waiting on p/n from Patryk.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:12 AM
Contributors

Nelson,
Thanks for the detailed part numbers and all the great info you are providing. Even with the list above I'm guessing that I'll also need the frame and trim for the new controller along with a new DTC, DSC panel. (This may be a good thing given that I wanted to try to upgrade this panel and use an additonal OEM button to activate the SprintBooster V2 module I just ordered. I didn't much like the double sided adhesive button they provide).

I don't have any contact info for Garry @ Newport BMW but once I do I'll definately get in contact with him, given the 25% discount. Looks like my wood trim replacements won't be cheap. Better I figure out the complete parts list I need before ordering so I only have to ship once to Toronto from Germany. Thanks for the offer to help with shipment. I also have an address in France providing that Garry can ship there. If so I would then forward the shipment to Toronto. If that's a no-go I'll definately take you up on your offer.

May be a redundant question; these part numbers do reflect components for North American left-hand drive E60s, correct?

This also may be a bit off topic but since we are talking about replacing half our dash (ha ha), have you given any thought to upgrading to the LCI version automatic shifter? Is it possible and does the CIC require coding for this also?

Looks like this will be a great project!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Nelson,
Thanks for the detailed part numbers and all the great info you are providing. Even with the list above I'm guessing that I'll also need the frame and trim for the new controller along with a new DTC, DSC panel. (This may be a good thing given that I wanted to try to upgrade this panel and use an additonal OEM button to activate the SprintBooster V2 module I just ordered. I didn't much like the double sided adhesive button they provide).

I don't have any contact info for Garry @ Newport BMW but once I do I'll definately get in contact with him, given the 25% discount. Looks like my wood trim replacements won't be cheap. Better I figure out the complete parts list I need before ordering so I only have to ship once to Toronto from Germany. Thanks for the offer to help with shipment. I also have an address in France providing that Garry can ship there. If so I would then forward the shipment to Toronto. If that's a no-go I'll definately take you up on your offer.

May be a redundant question; these part numbers do reflect components for North American left-hand drive E60s, correct?

This also may be a bit off topic but since we are talking about replacing half our dash (ha ha), have you given any thought to upgrading to the LCI version automatic shifter? Is it possible and does the CIC require coding for this also?

Looks like this will be a great project!
Im still working on the trim and support bracket p/n for the controller. I found the Euro p/n but the dealers that i have contacted cant order them. Im gonna go to my local dealer in a bit and hopefully they will be able to help me. Worst case scenario is that i will have to have somebody ordered them for me from Europe.

P/N 51459156041 is the panel that you need. you just have to buy the dtc, heating seat switches.
This is what p/n 51459156041 looks like without the switches.

Here's the link to Garrry @ Newport BMW, Im 99% sure that he doesn't ship to Canada, but call him to verify.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/180...sory-discount/

You Can also try contacting Jason Or Evan @ Tischer BMW, Im also pretty positive that they don't also ship to Canada.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/716..._fromsearch__1

Yes, All the parts listed reflect components for North American left-hand drive E60s

I been wanting to do the LCI automatic shifter since the first day i saw it but from what i have read its impossible because its an electronic shifter. Im pretty sure sure is doable but it might need be worth it. Its all about how much you willing to spend.

Quick Reply: iDrive CIC Retrofit - Who can do it in UK?