E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

iDrive CIC Retrofit - Who can do it in UK?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Originally Posted by nelson29
Just to let you know If you are able to get it done cheaper. If you want to save a more money my advice is to just to the programming with Patryk for 800 euro and get the CIC, CID and control from ebay for 800 pounds. The other parts that you need you have to order it from Germany regardless. Last time i check with him he wanted about 2200 euros for the package for the E60 system.
Good call! I only worry about buying dud parts from eBay as they don't offer returns. It is a lot of money to risk! at least with Patryk he has more of a reputation than a nobody on eBay...
Old 05-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i 2007 750i

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe
Good call! I only worry about buying dud parts from eBay as they don't offer returns. It is a lot of money to risk! at least with Patryk he has more of a reputation than a nobody on eBay...
Absolutely, in the end you save a couple of hundred bucks but might get a used part from a dismantled car or something that doesn't work at all.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Yes i have the list of parts that you need. Do you a pic of you interior? Also if you dont want to go with that seller i have another source which is where i got mines from.He's a reputable seller on ebay. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/naviandbmwparts/
I paid $1200 for mine shipped from Lithuania and got it in 3 days
Old 05-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Darron.Lowe
how are you getting on with your Retrofit?
Im just waiting on the parts that i need for the dash from Germany. According to Garry @Newport it should be here next week. I already paid for the programming and received the cic,cid and controller.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Yes i have the list of parts that you need. Do you a pic of you interior? Also if you dont want to go with that seller i have another source which is where i got mines from.He's a reputable seller on ebay. http://myworld.ebay....aviandbmwparts/
I paid $1200 for mine shipped from Lithuania and got it in 3 days
I'll have a look and see. I assume that I will still need to have them programmed by Patryk to have them work correctly?

I'll upload a pic soon. what are you looking for? the trim colour and layout?
for now, it is an LCI 535d with SAT and additional sport button, professional SAT nav, and as it is an European model i have the 8 one touch keys (no FM/AM buttons) and Dark Maple High Gloss (I'll confirm this is the right description...)

Appreciate your help on this!
Im just waiting on the parts that i need for the dash from Germany. According to Garry @Newport it should be here next week. I already paid for the programming and received the cic,cid and controller.
Keep us posted on this! i am esp especially eccially keen to hear how the install goes - any if there are any "we have to live with" problems, such as the lack of VC.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Contributors

Yes, If you decide to get the parts from another source other than Patryk he will still need to code the cic remotely via laptop.

Im looking for the wood color. do you have a dedicated slot for the navigation? I know in Europe there's 2 types of navigation. If you have the second cd slot you will have the replace the cd trim with 51456976361. You will also need to replace the center trim to accommodate the new controller.
look for #22 http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...16&hg=51&fg=35

You will also need to get:

61119185171 CIC HD Screen cable
61319167196 USB Port
61129196805 USB Port cable

If you go for the all in one package from Patryk dont forget to ask him if those parts are included. Other than that since you have a LCI model you don't really have to replace many parts. For now they still working on getting the FSC codes for the Voice control. To be honest i can live without it. Also, if you car software needs to be update for any reason you will need to put back the old idrive. Like i said earlier, it can be done in 10-20 min.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Contributors

Double post.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Senior Members

Yes, If you decide to get the parts from another source other than Patryk he will still need to code the cic remotely via laptop.
When you say remotely, i assumed that he would need to be physically with my kit? is that not the case? if not, how does it work?

Im looking for the wood color. do you have a dedicated slot for the navigation?
I have a dedicated NAV DVD drive with the normal CD (DVD?) drive above it with the 8 buttons between the two. I also have an ashtray in the section below that. I will take and post a picture over the weekend to be sure, just looking after the kids at the moment...

I have the (4BY) Anthracite Bamboo Wood - High-Gloss trim.

You will also need to get:

61119185171 CIC HD Screen cable
61319167196 USB Port
61129196805 USB Port cable

If you go for the all in one package from Patryk dont forget to ask him if those parts are included.

Yea, he got back to me (within 20 minutes!) with a very detailed response. He is happy to supply everything (including those parts) and I will just need to source the trim due to the shipping constraints.
For now they still working on getting the FSC codes for the Voice control. To be honest i can live without it.

I have just started using this, just for my phone as I spend a lot of time on the phone, the voice dial feature is useful! I guess I could live without it however...
Thanks for all of this very helpful feedback!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Contributors

The correct trim that you will need is 51169156123 http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=35&hl=55. and the trim from the cic system which is 51456976361. If you gonna go for the retrofit i will order those parts asap, they will take longer to arrive.

Yes, he's really fast answering emails. I've sent him over 50 emails within the past month and always got a fast, detailed response.

He can remotely reprogram the cic via a windows xp laptop connected to the car. He will supply the necessary interface need it do this. You can either buy it from him or he will loan it with a deposit. You will get the deposit from him when receives the interface back. Thats if you decide not the get the CIC, CID and Controller from him. If you get everything from him its just plug and play in your end. To be honest if i were you i probably would choose to get everything from him. I choose not to go that route because since i have a pre lci car i have to buy more parts for the retrofit. I wanted to keep the cost for everything at around $3000.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Senior Members

The correct trim that you will need is 51169156123 http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=35&hl=55. and the trim from the cic system which is 51456976361. If you gonna go for the retrofit i will order those parts asap, they will take longer to arrive.

Yes, he's really fast answering emails. I've sent him over 50 emails within the past month and always got a fast, detailed response.

He can remotely reprogram the cic via a windows xp laptop connected to the car. He will supply the necessary interface need it do this. You can either buy it from him or he will loan it with a deposit. You will get the deposit from him when receives the interface back. Thats if you decide not the get the CIC, CID and Controller from him. If you get everything from him its just plug and play in your end. To be honest if i were you i probably would choose to get everything from him. I choose not to go that route because since i have a pre lci car i have to buy more parts for the retrofit. I wanted to keep the cost for everything at around $3000.
Thanks for the very helpful info and links! People like you certainly make my life a lot easier!

I will be comparing the total costs vs convinience for the options available. I certainly feel Patryk is the better option as it really is plug and play but need to be sure It is worth the additional cost. Oh, and thanks for the heads up re the trim!

I hope to be in a position to do this within the next 2 months but will be watching you progress closely - please keep your updates coming!

Quick Reply: iDrive CIC Retrofit - Who can do it in UK?