E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I need your help, all of you please

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by vnod' post='205418' date='Dec 1 2005, 02:00 AM
Shebs has had much bad luck with his car. The oil-consumption problem is the latest problem, or at least it is becoming more clear that it is a significant problem. If anyone needs communication from BMW, then it is Shebs. Sheb's can BMW contact you through information available through these fora?
Thanks vnod for your support.

I sent an email yesterday to BMW AG worldwide and I am waiting for their reply. Hope that they are going to pay some attention to my problem, because the dealer and the factory here in Egypt has displayed enormous ignorance regarding my problem. They even don't know if the oil supplied with the engine is Castrol or Mobil-1 :thumbsdown: . Can you believe this?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by JDN' post='204356' date='Nov 28 2005, 09:30 PM
I haven't used any oil yet, Shebs. I was very careful during break-in and followed the directions explicitly. After the first wo a change, it was down less than a pint. Currently it is brimming. I have a dip stick.

same here.....
Old 12-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

Nope
Old 12-01-2005, 01:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Alpine White/Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic Automatic, Premium Package, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with Dynamic Auto-Leveling Production On 05/2005 Purchased On 07/2005

No
Old 12-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

No: 1 lt evry 10000 km.

But I Have never been to Egypt, but trafic conditions must be severe and it is a warm climate. BMW oil is LL 04 a 0 W 30 which means a very fluid oil basically made to cope with the sofisticated Valvetronic. It is maybe not adapted to warm countries.

The older BMW specification was a LL 98 a 5 w 40: much better for warmer countries.

Are you facing blue smokes when acelerating? If yes you are burning oil it is abnormal.
An other test is to unscrew a sparkplug and to to check it. If is black you have a problem.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:31 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Currently at 9,000 miles ('05 530i) ZERO OIL CONSUMPTION FROM DAY ONE
Old 12-01-2005, 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Shebs' post='205601
Shebs has had much bad luck with his car. The oil-consumption problem is the latest problem, or at least it is becoming more clear that it is a significant problem. If anyone needs communication from BMW, then it is Shebs. Sheb's can BMW contact you through information available through these fora?

I sent an email yesterday to BMW AG worldwide and I am waiting for their reply. Hope that they are going to pay some attention to my problem, because the dealer and the factory here in Egypt has displayed enormous ignorance regarding my problem. They even don't know if the oil supplied with the engine is Castrol or Mobil-1 :thumbsdown: . Can you believe this?
[/quote]
You are very welcome Shebs. I can believe it, but not only because you live in Egypt. Dealers/their employees every where often display ignorance. But, I don't think it is totally their faults. Things change fast and are very complicated, and dealer employees are just people, like us, trying to keep up with everything, get their jobs done, have a family, have some spare time, stay out of the way of the politicians, etc., etc.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by vnod' post='205662

You are very welcome Shebs. I can believe it, but not only because you live in Egypt. Dealers/their employees every where often display ignorance. But, I don't think it is totally their faults. Things change fast and are very complicated, and dealer employees are just people, like us, trying to keep up with everything, get their jobs done, have a family, have some spare time, stay out of the way of the politicians, etc., etc.
[/quote]
well sheb,i have just topped up my 535d 1 year old last week 8500 miles and have pured 1ltr of oil in and gess it would take another 1/2 ltr or just under to reach mark. this i find unusaul and worrying as my last 2 530d with miles under 10000 didnt use or need top up at all.in that tome 1-1.5years and 10000miles .
persue the claim and keep us posted...
so the answewr is yes burning oil 1ltr 9000miles uk
but last 2 cars both 530d durnt no oil in 100000miles
Old 12-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by vnod' post='205662

[/quote]

You have a good point vnod. But I expect the maintenance engineers to know more about BMWs than I do. I am not showing off or something, but sometimes it turns out that I technically understand how my car works better than they do. This means that I am doing more reading than they are doing, which is again a shortage from their side.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 530DA, 05, Black Saphire

NO!