E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I need your help, all of you please

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At 36K miles, i-Drive asked me to add 1 quart to it, and I did to make both my wife and my car happy. Had an oil change at 37Kmiles. It's 40K miles now, and no issue yet.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Contributors

Sorry, but BMW says on TIS CD, that this is normal.

Here is the oil consumption sheet.

I need your help, all of you please-oil_consumption.jpg
Old 11-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

nicke60gre,

I have a printed version of the same sheet, and that is what BMW Egypt are trying to convince me with: that this oil consumption is normal.

I don't care a single bit about what the TIS sheet says. I don't believe that my new car should consume 0.35 Liter of oil per 1000 km. May be this 0.7 L/1000 km is the limit for cars at the worst operating conditions with the worst driver in the world. It is the limit at which the engine should be overhauled after heavy use.

Let's put it this way, I am going to sell my car to any of this forum member:

The buyer: "Well Shebs is thier any issues about your 520i that I should know of?"

Shebs: "Yes sir, my car consumes 1 Liter of oil every 2900 km"

The buyer: "Ok. Sorry Shebs, but I am going to buy another 520i which doesn't have such a defect"

Isn't this what is going to happen?

Come on Guys to I have the right to make a claim agaist BMW or not?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Shebs' post='205141' date='Nov 30 2005, 09:22 AM
nicke60gre,

I have a printed version of the same sheet, and that is what BMW Egypt are trying to convince me with: that this oil consumption is normal.

I don't care a single bit about what the TIS sheet says. I don't believe that my new car should consume 0.35 Liter of oil per 1000 km. May be this 0.7 L/1000 km is the limit for cars at the worst operating conditions with the worst driver in the world. It is the limit at which the engine should be overhauled after heavy use.

Let's put it this way, I am going to sell my car to any of this forum member:

The buyer: "Well Shebs is thier any issues about your 520i that I should know of?"

Shebs: "Yes sir, my car consumes 1 Liter of oil every 2900 km"

The buyer: "Ok. Sorry Shebs, but I am going to buy another 520i which doesn't have such a defect"

Isn't this what is going to happen?

Come on Guys to I have the right to make a claim agaist BMW or not?
I agree that 1 lt every 2900 km is unacceptable.
I think that 1 lt every 5000 km is also a bad score.
One friend here, own a Mitsubishi EVO, 2000 cc turbo and drives it always on the red line (8000-8500 rpm).
He don't have oil consumption that much your car have. (it consumes about 1 lt every 8000 km - oil changing )
Also I know oil consumption is depended from the oil you use.
I've heared that Aral Tronic is the oil with the lower consumption in the market for our vehicles.

Good luck.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

No, just regular oil changes.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Could the weather conditions effect oil consumption? Is it always sandy and hot in Egypt?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='205146
Could the weather conditions effect oil consumption? Is it always sandy and hot in Egypt?
This is a very good point you are raising here but no, it is not always sandy and hot in Egypt. Nowadays the temperature where I live in Cairo is around 23 C in the morning and 13 C at night. Perfect weather. And yes it is a little bit dustier than Europe, but again all my friends who live in Cairo and own an E60 or any other new car never experienced such oil consumption as mine.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Nothing on my current or last E60. Both Diesel engines though. Hope it gets sorted
Old 11-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Shebs' post='205312
I agree that 1 lt every 2900 km is unacceptable.
I think that 1 lt every 5000 km is also a bad score.
One friend here, own a Mitsubishi EVO, 2000 cc turbo and drives it always on the red line (8000-8500 rpm).
He don't have oil consumption that much your car have. (it consumes about 1 lt every 8000 km - oil changing )
Also I know oil consumption is depended from the oil you use.
I've heared that Aral Tronic is the oil with the lower consumption in the market for our vehicles.

Good luck.
Thanks for wishing me good luck, I will need it. I use Mobil 1, which is the most common fully synthetic oil used around the world.

All I can say that I was very unlucky with my car.

Originally Posted by tomwid' post='205147' date='Nov 30 2005, 9:57 PM
This is a very good point you are raising here but no, it is not always sandy and hot in Egypt. Nowadays the temperature where I live in Cairo is around 23 C in the morning and 13 C at night. Perfect weather. And yes it is a little bit dustier than Europe, but again all my friends who live in Cairo and own an E60 or any other new car never experienced such oil consumption as mine.
[/quote]
Shebs has had much bad luck with his car. The oil-consumption problem is the latest problem, or at least it is becoming more clear that it is a significant problem. If anyone needs communication from BMW, then it is Shebs. Sheb's can BMW contact you through information available through these fora?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Orient Blue, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Package, Satellite Radio, Rear Reflectors, Chrome Grilles. 2007 Z4, Silver Grey Metalic, Premium Package, Sport Package, Heated Seats, Xenon, Premium Radio

I have never added oil. To date... 6K mikes. I have also owned two other BMW's and put over 100K miles on both of them and I never needed to add oil. My experience has been change the oil every 5 to 7K miles... and I never needed to add a drop between changes. Good luck.