E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

I hate blizzards.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i, 6 Speed Manual, Premium/Sport Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Light Control

Seems like we are getting really bad weather these past few winters. My 535i with Michelin PA3's did quite well last winter during the snow storm, handled much better than 4x4's and AWD's on the road at the time. I was pleasantly surprised with that. The passengers thought it was all wheel drive as we were doing much better than the cars we were passing on the highway until I explained it was RWD with snow tires. When the storm was over, I was able to go out but we had another batch of snow/blowing snow and I got stuck in an area where the car bottomed out. Got some folks to push the car back out of the high snow and I backed the car a few block to my driveway where it stayed for a dew more days as the plows did not come through for another 5 days. Gotta love snow tires but always have to remind yourself to check the vehicle ground clearance.

These days, I go out for a bit of fun when it's coming down but if the road is not plowed after, I am not going to use my M-Tech as a plow, again. NYC got hit big time and I have seen some videos of the mess, good luck to you folks on coming through it with no/minor damage to your rides. It's just the beginning of winter, be safe all.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Yes nycmedic86 I understand you. We have had more than 3 feet of snow before the year changed. Sucks bad!
Attached Thumbnails I hate blizzards.....-eky-18-less-snow.jpg