E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hyundai compares Sonata to E60!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The people who watch these commercials aren't smart enough to realize there is a REASON why everyone compares their cars to BMW.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Originally Posted by Krozi
The people who watch these commercials aren't smart enough to realize there is a REASON why everyone compares their cars to BMW.

If they're hatin', it means we're doin' something right
Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i 2006 model w/ Nav

I like Hyundai cars and think they have come a long way since 1989. The Genesis is terrific and every bit as nice as a Lexus. But a Lexus is not a BMW......if you want a nice quiet luxury car then the Genesis or a Lexus for that matter is for you. However, they can not compete with a BMW b/c the BMW is electric smooth and much heavier and solid feeling than anything from Korea or Japan. They also don't have the teutonic feel the Bavarian has and the only way to replicate that is to use the materials and craftsmanship that can only come from Germany (America could do it if we wanted to but our market caters to the average consumer). Ever sat in a Japanese wannabe that has the same smell of the BMW? No, you haven't. The materials and quality in the BMW is a benchmark because it can't be reached. At least they are aiming high.....close but no cigar.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by willbishop
I like Hyundai cars and think they have come a long way since 1989. The Genesis is terrific and every bit as nice as a Lexus. But a Lexus is not a BMW......if you want a nice quiet luxury car then the Genesis or a Lexus for that matter is for you. However, they can not compete with a BMW b/c the BMW is electric smooth and much heavier and solid feeling than anything from Korea or Japan. They also don't have the teutonic feel the Bavarian has and the only way to replicate that is to use the materials and craftsmanship that can only come from Germany (America could do it if we wanted to but our market caters to the average consumer). Ever sat in a Japanese wannabe that has the same smell of the BMW? No, you haven't. The materials and quality in the BMW is a benchmark because it can't be reached. At least they are aiming high.....close but no cigar.
+ 1

Hyundai is alright.. no compliance with the price and what they are offering.

but they are just need to know where they stand. BMW is BMW. no Hyundai is going to compare. PERIOD
Old 03-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Contributors

lol whats wrong with being bullheaded?

did you think car makers ever played nice?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by njmarro
What about the new Audi commercial. WTF, Audi's are nice and all, but their advertising just pisses me off. Even if we came in second three years in a row, I would never own an Audi. Its just not as prestigious as a BMW! Oh and Hyundai's suck too, POS Korean car that's worth shit in one year.
I see that everyday. Audis are terrible cars in terms of reliability and they look generic to me. Except the R8.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I see that everyday. Audis are terrible cars in terms of reliability and they look generic to me. Except the R8.

I think the new S5 looks sharp.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

I cant even bear to look at the cars... but they are marketing a different market...NOT BMW owners... but a market that they want to build a confidence with... build them up so that they feel like they are driving a BMW... and looking like a merc

Originally Posted by rafichicago
Previously they compared genesis to 550, so not a big shock for me. Anyway even though they are making a lot better cars, than 10 years ago, it is not their league. +1 on poor marketing. Completely different clientel than BMW's.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Senior Members

The sonata is an ugly outdated car, it can not compared to an e60
Old 03-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d se, Black, HID lights, Beam washers, electrical seats, steering conrols, automatic light, Automatic wipers. RFTyres, SAT-NAV,

I owned one of these sonatas which I bought for new and exchanged it for a pre-used BMW and I never look back! Its quite a reliable car and never gave me the hard time I got from my BMW, but having said that, The thrill, feel and ride of a BMW got me hooked out for life. Again, a Sonata is a very reliable nice executive car- but it is not comparable to a BMW! They try to say it looks like a BMW, it looks like a Jaguar..... but its a Sonata!

Quick Reply: Hyundai compares Sonata to E60!