E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hyundai compares Sonata to E60!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"More Horsepower than a BMW 528i

That?s not a misprint. The Hyundai Sonata?s newly updated Lambda V6 boasts more horsepower than ever ? a whopping 249 to be exact ? 19 more than its Bavarian counterpart. And what?s more amazing, it achieves this feat while delivering improved fuel economy. How does this engine provide such scintillating performance? All-aluminum block and heads, Continuously Variable Valve Timing, dual overhead camshafts, 4-valves per cylinder and a variable intake system."

http://hyundaisonatacleveland.com/

Few thoughts. Never compare a korean car to a german car. The sonata costs $20k the 528i cost $50k. Hyundai Sonata is a great car if you want to be a few at once. The front end is ripped from Mercedes. The side is ripped form Lexus. The back looks like the BMW 550i GT.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Contributors

They're overstepping quite a bit. I'm sorry but even if a USED BMW rolled up next to a brand-new Hyundai....... its still a friggen Hyundai and always will be. You can't "FIX" a made reputation. Sorry. Their only hope is to re-brand and create a new company.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

God damn I fucking hate Hyundai, their marketing is pathetic and low :thumbsdown:

And these fvckers tell themselves I have everything a BMW has and much much more for less!
Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have anything against poeople who can't afford a BMW/Merc etc...but the mindset just pisses me off. And I hate stupid people.

It's the same mindset that most Corvette drivers have, "My car is faster and cheaper...which means it's better"
Old 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Krozi
God damn I fucking hate Hyundai, their marketing is pathetic and low :thumbsdown:

And these fvckers tell themselves I have everything a BMW has and much much more for less!
Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have anything against poeople who can't afford a BMW/Merc etc...but the mindset just pisses me off. And I hate stupid people.

It's the same mindset that most Corvette drivers have, "My car is faster and cheaper...which means it's better"

+1000000, that's it, nothing left to say - just +100000000
Old 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by pjinca
+1000000, that's it, nothing left to say - just +100000000
Hahahaha incoming internet high five
Old 03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Krozi
Hahahaha incoming internet high five
Right back at ya Bud
Old 03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
"More Horsepower than a BMW 528i

That?s not a misprint. The Hyundai Sonata?s newly updated Lambda V6 boasts more horsepower than ever ? a whopping 249 to be exact ? 19 more than its Bavarian counterpart. And what?s more amazing, it achieves this feat while delivering improved fuel economy. How does this engine provide such scintillating performance? All-aluminum block and heads, Continuously Variable Valve Timing, dual overhead camshafts, 4-valves per cylinder and a variable intake system."

http://hyundaisonatacleveland.com/

Few thoughts. Never compare a korean car to a german car. The sonata costs $20k the 528i cost $50k. Hyundai Sonata is a great car if you want to be a few at once. The front end is ripped from Mercedes. The side is ripped form Lexus. The back looks like the BMW 550i GT.
Don't we all know that more horsepower makes the better car Now let's all run out and trade our cars in a Hyundai!!! GEEZ :thumbsdown:
Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Previously they compared genesis to 550, so not a big shock for me. Anyway even though they are making a lot better cars, than 10 years ago, it is not their league. +1 on poor marketing. Completely different clientel than BMW's.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by rafichicago
Previously they compared genesis to 550, so not a big shock for me. Anyway even though they are making a lot better cars, than 10 years ago, it is not their league. +1 on poor marketing. Completely different clientel than BMW's.
I think they compared Genesis to a 7 series.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Nav

What about the new Audi commercial. WTF, Audi's are nice and all, but their advertising just pisses me off. Even if we came in second three years in a row, I would never own an Audi. Its just not as prestigious as a BMW! Oh and Hyundai's suck too, POS Korean car that's worth shit in one year.

Quick Reply: Hyundai compares Sonata to E60!