E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HUD

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys..

So I'm just wondering if ABC was abused by a Heads-Up Display as a child. I mean.. he sure seems to have a lot of resentment for someone who doesn't even have the feature. LOL (relax and throw-back a couple cold-ones ABC.. I's just playin)
I already commented on my feelings about HUD early-on in the thread but I'm having a strong spiritual prompting to share my feelings again.
I have to tell you all (including ABC) that I'm realizing after reading through this post that you really have to have the HUD to understand how essential the feature truly is.
The one that rings-true and tells how much it can be missed is where the guys keep saying how - when given a loaner at the dealership - it's really odd to get-in and drive and not have it. You can't wait for your car to come-back and (silly as it is) ... one of the main reasons is because of the HUD. It's like being on the U.S.S. Enterprise without the sliding doors making that *WHOOSH* noise or having Cpt. Kirk try to call Scottie over the [intercom] and have Scottie NOT be there standing in that one place he always stood...responding. (Sorry - that analogy was far too tempting).

If you're ordering a 5, GET THE HUD. You will NOT come looking for me with your wallet out. Trust me - you will be thankful. Whether you understand WHY right now or not.

-Cheers again.