E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by ARH_0700XX' post='364040' date='Dec 6 2006, 10:56 AM
I also just got my delivery of 124's from bmwwheels.com and was also surprised to see the packaging - mine were also not double boxed. They were packaged exactly like yours but by pure luck it looks like UPS was a little more careful with mine, as only one of the boxes has a little damage, and the wheels are in good shape. I have to say I'm not a happy customer, they took way too long to ship, and the packaging is not adequate for a $1300 set of wheels. I don't think I'll buy from them again :thumbsdown:
well buying from the internet is cheep but you have to take a risk
that good that the wheels where OK.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Contributors

I sent two emails on Monday evening (US East Coast) to bmwwheels.com (I copied the service manager at Chapman BMW as well), and I did not hear a thing all of yesterday. They have the pictures and a link to this site. That is not good to hear that they did not double box other orders, but it confirms that someone new was probably handling the issue.

I am a little disappointed that no one would contact me from the dealership. I will send another email today before contacting them directly.

I was a little worried that I may have paid my credit card bill because it took three weeks to get my shipment after order, but luckily, I have not received it yet.

The whole thing is sad because I had an appointment this weekend to put on the new wheels and get my car lowered with the H&R springs that I have had for a few months (waiting to get rid of the vibration from the old replicas).
Old 12-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Members

My Ride: On order...2007 530ia, Soon to be returned..325xi Toy...2005 Corvette Wife's ride...E350 4matic Knock around..for the kids 2002 CR-V

I would pick up the phone and call Chapman BMW and speak to the parts manager and then to the GM. I have found that both UPS and FEDEX both have delivered packages that are torn, and damaged. The effort to file a claim and get resolution is not easy.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='364138' date='Dec 6 2006, 07:23 AM
I was a little worried that I may have paid my credit card bill because it took three weeks to get my shipment after order, but luckily, I have not received it yet.
It makes no difference whether or not you paid your CC bill. If you need to dispute the charges, you have that option even a few months after you've paid it -- they'll just credit your account and reverse the charge to the merchant...
Old 12-06-2006, 04:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mjsbmw' post='364146' date='Dec 6 2006, 08:03 AM
I would pick up the phone and call Chapman BMW and speak to the parts manager and then to the GM. I have found that both UPS and FEDEX both have delivered packages that are torn, and damaged. The effort to file a claim and get resolution is not easy.
I copied the parts manager at Chapman BMW on an email that I sent this morning. They are two hours behind the east coast, so I will give them a chance to digest the email.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

What Rudy said is correct, in fact, with Master Card you have to pay your bill first and then dispute it. Also, The shipper should file the claim with UPS, not the person who received the damaged goods. Best of luck. Let this be a learning experience for others who are considering placing an order with BMWWHEELS.COM. Don't believe I have heard ANY complaints about quad_m (Tony) and probably never will. I would also call them, it's too easy to ignore an email.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='364234' date='Dec 6 2006, 07:12 PM
What Rudy said is correct, in fact, with Master Card you have to pay your bill first and then dispute it. Also, The shipper should file the claim with UPS, not the person who received the damaged goods. Best of luck. Let this be a learning experience for others who are considering placing an order with BMWWHEELS.COM. Don't believe I have heard ANY complaints about quad_m (Tony) and probably never will. I would also call them, it's too easy to ignore an email.
Maybe Tony/Quad_m could add his perspective on this matter. He is a great guy and he could help you even if you did'n bought the wheels from him. Just his opinion, what he would do if it happened at him
Old 12-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Don`t E-mail them they will never reply.
Call them now

xmas is coming and they will say they are very bizzy and will hold you back.
Thats what most cowbays will do
Old 12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Contributors

I received a call from bmwwheels.com today after I copied the parts manager on my last email.
They are allowing me to ship the old wheels back to them at their cost. I can leave them for UPS, who will ship them back. At the same time, they are ordering new wheels which will take approximately one week to arrive (2-3 days to receive in Arizona and 3-4 days to ship).

Everything sounds good so far. I asked about the other person on this site who also reported that he received a shipment without the double boxing. They told me that it was not my concern and that they wanted to help me....fair enough I guess.

I hope that it is in the stars that one day I will have fully functioning #166s.

I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the support.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Great news. It sounds like they did exactly what we hoped and expected them to do -- send you new wheels and take back the damaged ones, all at no additional cost to you.

Merry Christmas!

Quick Reply: Horrified with Delivery from BMWWHEELS.COM