E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='811482' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:30 PM
some 1 has got the gruppe but not installed yet so when install will give you a buzz
I took that and it's installed tonite. Remember I said the selling post in 28car look weird? I told that seller to take the thing to AK and was ready to get some good laugh teasing him for selling fake stuff. but AK checked it and said it's genuine, so I had no choice but pay... He also has some fast cam and white tail light for e60 for sale, if anyone is interested lemme know and I can give his contact number to you.

back to the installation, since there is a pipe sticking out right behind the kidney grill, the keith vortex scoop needed to be removed and the vent next to the scoop needed to be cut out. Other than that, the installation looks quite straight forward. One thing AK pointed out is that the whole gruppeM thing doesn't have holes for water draining and the hose pipe sticks out, so there might be chance that water getting into the engine when we spray clean the cooler, need to be careful on that one when cleaning car. AK tested the suction force by hitting on the gas while covering the mouth of pipe with a towel, the dame thing just got sucked in in a split second and lucky that we were grasping the corner of towel... scary shit it is.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by etchu' post='811534' date='Mar 10 2009, 12:25 AM
I took that and it's installed tonite. Remember I said the selling post in 28car look weird? I told that seller to take the thing to AK and was ready to get some good laugh teasing him for selling fake stuff. but AK checked it and said it's genuine, so I had no choice but pay... He also has some fast cam and white tail light for e60 for sale, if anyone is interested lemme know and I can give his contact number to you.

back to the installation, since there is a pipe sticking out right behind the kidney grill, the keith vortex scoop needed to be removed and the vent next to the scoop needed to be cut out. Other than that, the installation looks quite straight forward. One thing AK pointed out is that the whole gruppeM thing doesn't have holes for water draining and the hose pipe sticks out, so there might be chance that water getting into the engine when we spray clean the cooler, need to be careful on that one when cleaning car. AK tested the suction force by hitting on the gas while covering the mouth of pipe with a towel, the dame thing just got sucked in in a split second and lucky that we were grasping the corner of towel... scary shit it is.
Good mod , Is it sound good and like your expected ?
Next time I will stuff something to your nose when I meet you. Haha

I think your next mod must the exhaust system thus to balance the in and out
Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

good buy must see the mod next time we meet.
so is it any faster?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Senior Members

can't wait to hear it for real... maybe tonight?
Good on you, great mod
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='811294' date='Mar 9 2009, 02:25 AM
Mike and KC, i got some new mods for you guys
Its the RPI scoops for your E90, E92

Attachment 73744
Wow~~it's nice, how much is it? please pm me, I am interest to get a pair too!!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ricky1329' post='812087' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:14 AM
Good mod , Is it sound good and like your expected ?
Next time I will stuff something to your nose when I meet you. Haha

I think your next mod must the exhaust system thus to balance the in and out
Yes looking for some exhaust stuffs right now...

and damn it I said I will only restrict mods to appearance level (wheels/M-tech bumper/etc) before.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='812092' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:27 AM
good buy must see the mod next time we meet.
so is it any faster?
pick up is faster, rev shoots up much faster in low/mid rev zone. not sure about high speed performance cos I seldom drive it fast.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnshie' post='812100' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:54 AM
can't wait to hear it for real... maybe tonight?
Good on you, great mod
Tonite can't la solly, going to watch movie with wife. May be Thurs afterwork before dinner?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ray88' post='812101' date='Mar 10 2009, 10:55 AM
Wow~~it's nice, how much is it? please pm me, I am interest to get a pair too!!
pm sent
Old 03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by etchu' post='812121' date='Mar 10 2009, 11:24 AM
Yes looking for some exhaust stuffs right now...

and damn it I said I will only restrict mods to appearance level (wheels/M-tech bumper/etc) before.
the mod virus is out and never can fix

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum