E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by newbie2
I will say predicting other drivers action is also important
When will your CCFL arrival? Hunny about the end result from your headlight.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

I will say predicting other drivers action is also important
Yes and that's what I meant by good anticipation
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ricky1329
When will your CCFL arrival? Hunny about the end result from your headlight.
Already there for few days....but AK said better install on Sat because need to wait the sealant to harden and dry. It takes few hours so weekday no good. I will go down Fri night to give the tool to AK and also Sat to install the CCFL, pls join to work it out on Sat.

Hope the result will not be too cold and too MK la.....
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Senior Members

Electric king, I got a stupid electric question (cos I return all my phys knowledge to teacher long time ago!)

I got an electric fan which is rated 56W, so the working current should be about 0.25A at full load (max speed), right?

Recently, I found that the fan motor is a bit hot after using for a short period of time. Then I tried to measure the current it has been drawing using a multimeter. I found that when the fan is running at the lowest speed(motor is cold and just started), the current is already 0.22A, then I turn the speed to highest, the current is about 0.45A. Oh..one more information, I measured it both with the blade putting on and also putting off but the result is similar.

Does it mean that the motor bearing is almost died so that it draws more current then normal?

Sorry guys,
Old 05-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Electric king, I got a stupid electric question (cos I return all my phys knowledge to teacher long time ago!)

I got an electric fan which is rated 56W, so the working current should be about 0.25A at full load (max speed), right?

Recently, I found that the fan motor is a bit hot after using for a short period of time. Then I tried to measure the current it has been drawing using a multimeter. I found that when the fan is running at the lowest speed(motor is cold and just started), the current is already 0.22A, then I turn the speed to highest, the current is about 0.45A. Oh..one more information, I measured it both with the blade putting on and also putting off but the result is similar.

Does it mean that the motor bearing is almost died so that it draws more current then normal?

Sorry guys,
Like to know what is the hour life span on these motors
Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Contributors

Sorry guys,
I got an electric fan which is rated 56W, so the working current should be about 0.25A at full load (max speed), right? Correct!
Power = current x voltage
56 = current x 220v
current = 0.255A

I don't know why you can measure the current? Since it need to connect in series with the motor or diver parts.

Does it mean that the motor bearing is almost died so that it draws more current then normal? Refill some lubricant may help but better throw away for any doubt. They are just few hundred dollars and not worth to repair anymore.

I found the Dyson copycat at taobao just less than HK$ 200. Even can use few months still not cost too much.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14389378901
Old 05-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

I got an electric fan which is rated 56W, so the working current should be about 0.25A at full load (max speed), right? Correct!
Power = current x voltage
56 = current x 220v
current = 0.255A

I don't know why you can measure the current? Since it need to connect in series with the motor or diver parts.

Does it mean that the motor bearing is almost died so that it draws more current then normal? Refill some lubricant may help but better throw away for any doubt. They are just few hundred dollars and not worth to repair anymore.

I found the Dyson copycat at taobao just less than HK$ 200. Even can use few months still not cost too much.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14389378901
Thanks. Yes, I measure the current in series connection....hahaha...I know some basic knowledge gei...

Not a money issue to throw it away, just the desire to know and learn from Electric King
Old 05-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Contributors

Thanks. Yes, I measure the current in series connection....hahaha...I know some basic knowledge gei...

Not a money issue to throw it away, just the desire to know and learn from Electric King
Measure AC current is dangerous . I am afraid you for any electrical shock . Take 100% care.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

Measure AC current is dangerous . I am afraid you for any electrical shock . Take 100% care.
Oh....really....should talk more with you tonight. Haha, I am brave on electric, I remember I disassemble the AC cassette player for investigation since 6 years old...

Is a clampmeter more safe because there is no direct contact with the current.

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum-38389.jpg
Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Oh....really....should talk more with you tonight. Haha, I am brave on electric, I remember I disassemble the AC cassette player for investigation since 6 years old...

Is a clampmeter more safe because there is no direct contact with the current.

Attachment 133263
careful man

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum