E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk
if for gaming and design then yes they have to be big for the heat to cool down, just like the CF hood out your car.
More power, more heat, need more air flow
my wife and kids just use notebooks no desktop for them
Cant u get water cooling for comps?? Trading desks at banks are starting to use water cooled computers.....!!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 AM
bbl
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i

got a LCI rear light mod cable for Pmotoring
this is for pre LCI cars, all of them have done this mod to get the new LCI look which is 1000 time better looking and it will sell much easyer in the future
Icic
I do it later.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Cant u get water cooling for comps?? Trading desks at banks are starting to use water cooled computers.....!!

no way why?
do they OC it.
there is not need for watercool for me and for the $\speed it not worth it.
$1600about for water cool but only get about 20% more speed which I think I can get the 3.3 to 5.
better off saving and get a 2nd computer for rendering

Old 05-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

no way why?
do they OC it.
there is not need for watercool for me and for the $\speed it not worth it.
$1600about for water cool but only get about 20% more speed which I think I can get the 3.3 to 5.
better off saving and get a 2nd computer for rendering
Yeah... i dunno the technical details on the systems they use, but they are now water cooling trader desks...... its pretty crazy! We have a project management team who do fit out for our clients n they were saying when they designed Barclays new office in Central, they installed water cooled desks for traders!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

too many traders, computers, too much heat as a result, computers if not cooled properly, will die or hang, guess thats why.

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Yeah... i dunno the technical details on the systems they use, but they are now water cooling trader desks...... its pretty crazy! We have a project management team who do fit out for our clients n they were saying when they designed Barclays new office in Central, they installed water cooled desks for traders!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kcleung
too many traders, computers, too much heat as a result, computers if not cooled properly, will die or hang, guess thats why.
Yeah, well with each trader having 6-8 screens - i am sure the power loads are tremendous!!!

But the guys were saying the new trend is to have a computer that serves 8 or so traders.... rather than 8 individual computers. Its called Blade technology or something like that?!?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Looks like my car needs servicing shortly:

When adjusting A/C manually: 24'c and blower to 12 o'clock position, the air blows out strong-medium intermittely ... at the same time, when doors are opened, the interior lights also blink intermittely ... I was thinking either the alternator and/or the battery is dying ...
Shortly after, in the evening time, I couldn't reproduce the same when I restart the car. But I was hoping the alternator is alright since it's much more costly to fix ...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato

When adjusting A/C manually: 24'c and blower to 12 o'clock position, the air blows out strong-medium intermittely ... at the same time, when doors are opened, the interior lights also blink intermittely ... I was thinking either the alternator and/or the battery is dying ...
Shortly after, in the evening time, I couldn't reproduce the same when I restart the car. But I was hoping the alternator is alright since it's much more costly to fix ...
Saw you on Friday at Mira hotel... ur car was parked outside?
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Small Tomato

wow already sorry to hear this
Old 05-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung
why not have 2 computer for each trader then the trader will always be online

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum