E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk
wow you got 4mil cash to buy cool
did you see the news last week about how many millionaire in hk.
1 in 12 is a millionaire, but for most of us we are past the millionaire.
my target is 10,000,000

Past the millionaire? hmm...
Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

I tried out the 7D movie and its got a long way to go compare to 5Dmk2 movie.
Even my 40d is too heavy for me, so some good but not as good movie is better than no movie. I am a tually v happy w the video from my little Sony dc, except low light performance.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

I bet majority of those so-called millionares made their quick money from selling their property. These people now probably rent a place, move back to parents, or even live in government housing (for civil servants). With so much cash in thei hands, they are spending like no tomorrow such as watch, car, stock, or even for leisure (yeah, you live once !!) They all are hoping the property will go down again and then they can buy at low rate. Dream on !! Did you see any property go back to the 2003 SARS rate during the 2008 financial crisis ? The difference is all these property are now owned by the mainlanders and they bought the HK property with cash. So, even if there is any flucation in the economy, only those "shallow" investors need to bail out for cheap. Property price will not go down much at all. Demand is more than supply in HK and the price will not fall for much.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by deriffic
I bet majority of those so-called millionares made their quick money from selling their property. These people now probably rent a place, move back to parents, or even live in government housing (for civil servants). With so much cash in thei hands, they are spending like no tomorrow such as watch, car, stock, or even for leisure (yeah, you live once !!) They all are hoping the property will go down again and then they can buy at low rate. Dream on !! Did you see any property go back to the 2003 SARS rate during the 2008 financial crisis ? The difference is all these property are now owned by the mainlanders and they bought the HK property with cash. So, even if there is any flucation in the economy, only those "shallow" investors need to bail out for cheap. Property price will not go down much at all. Demand is more than supply in HK and the price will not fall for much.
There just needs to be an adjustment... prices are too high at the moment. I mean, $10,000 psf for a place in Tuen Mun? F**k that!!!!

I cant give anyone shit for making money from property... majority of ppl in HK are wealthy due to property.... I just give ppl shit if they live off their parents or spend mummy/daddy's money and not making it themselves!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

thats amazing, how do they do that?

I dont know but you can get 60mpg out of it which is alot for a 2 ton car
Old 03-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 520i E60 in Amethyst Gray

Originally Posted by mark_hk
There just needs to be an adjustment... prices are too high at the moment. I mean, $10,000 psf for a place in Tuen Mun? F**k that!!!!

I cant give anyone shit for making money from property... majority of ppl in HK are wealthy due to property.... I just give ppl shit if they live off their parents or spend mummy/daddy's money and not making it themselves!
Price indeed is high now. Adjustment will be made but will not be substantial. I bet those $10K psf in Tuen Mun is targeted to the mainlanders. They have so much money and don't know where to spend.

I give shit to people who made money from property, but when the bad time comes they cry and complaint.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

you hit the nail with the sledgehammer bro!!

right now i am staying put, i have zero debt and don't want to get into a "burrowed millionaire" status.
mainlanders - well they have slowed a bit, hope the interest rate hike cycle will move them to the UK etc,. where prices are cheap.
2 bed in Docklands is like 250,000pounds+ and near Canary wharf 300-400000, the best areas in london are cheaper than HK (cheap areas)!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

You should buy it.
he changing to a 7 seater or touring but no jap make
he can't fit in.....
Old 03-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by billhk
just fitted my carbon grille, even had all the slats and the star and circle inlaid and laquered+custom carbon front spoiler,
this carbon thing is dangerously addictive!!! be warned
nice carbon finish

but sorry... not my cup of tea...
Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I agree so better to hold on to the cash and wait for other disaster or some kind of SARS which will happen again.
dont forget there will be other big earthquake this year or next in San Francisco which is also over duel.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum