E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have tinted windows on my BMW, but in the past couple months the HK police has really tighten the restrictions of tinted windows on automobiles. Near where I live, Police recently have set up road blocks in the early morning to just catch automobiles with tinted windows. Each officer carried some sort of pistol to scan your window and see if it meets the percentage of the HK govt. That was the reason why I removed mine.

Originally Posted by billhk
the capital of HK is on HK Island, legislative council, law courts, stock exchange, Gov buildings,HKU,
Mr Li ka shing etc., all live there.
and they complain if traffic is bad, so all the police are under pressure on HK island.
the danger time is 8-10 and 16.00-20.00, u will get a ticket for anything that they can slap on you.

Do not go up Caine rd in the morning=ticket
Do not park in a single yellow with time restrictions=ticket

anybody got a ticket for tinted windows or blue dipped headlights?
Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
THere are always people with better cars.... u may think ppl driving Jazz are bird shit etc...
I think he just mean that the Chinese name of Honda Jazz sounds similiar to the term "Bird shit" in Chinese.

But JackyOr, you really need some badass mods for your car so your e60 can catch up with the racer in your heart. Keith's list will be a good start.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by HKBIMMER
I used to have tinted windows on my BMW, but in the past couple months the HK police has really tighten the restrictions of tinted windows on automobiles. Near where I live, Police recently have set up road blocks in the early morning to just catch automobiles with tinted windows. Each officer carried some sort of pistol to scan your window and see if it meets the percentage of the HK govt. That was the reason why I removed mine.
good job me and keith are in the limits
again HK side more strict on these things
Old 10-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

D, i think you live next to some VIP, the police are scared some terrorists are hiding in the car with tints on!
what colour is your new car?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Contributors

D, i think you live next to some VIP, the police are scared some terrorists are hiding in the car with tints on!
what colour is your new car?
yeah get CTU on it
Old 10-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Captain 19, did u get the i-pads?

how about getting Jacky the Captain 16 to be a captain 18 or 19?
you are his master

Originally Posted by pinguhk
yeah get CTU on it
Old 10-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Members

I got a red one, its called something Rosso Modiale dunno the name, but the color is very similar to the Ferrari Red. I think there are very few Red ones in HK not to mention probably the only one in HK in that model... I know there are many Blue, Silver and Black and recently saw a yellow one too.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

I got a red one, its called something Rosso Modiale dunno the name, but the color is very similar to the Ferrari Red. I think there are very few Red ones in HK not to mention probably the only one in HK in that model... I know there are many Blue, Silver and Black and recently saw a yellow one too.
So you got the Maserati at the end???
Old 10-21-2010, 04:09 AM
Contributors

Captain 19, did u get the i-pads?

how about getting Jacky the Captain 16 to be a captain 18 or 19?
you are his master
no did not get the ipads
Old 10-21-2010, 04:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
So you got the Maserati at the end???
sounds like it from the colour.
cheap but many fixing from this make.
hope the 1 you got is in good shape
must come out in our next D

keith got you car you?
may have other buyer for the wheels and tyres.
it is mr sheep with the 330 e90

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum