E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by guyver
Hi Guys, I'm a new owner of an old, all stock 545i. This is in fact my thrid 5er, E34 535i => E39 540i => E60 545i.

The first mod I have in mind is a set of M-tech kit. Could someone kindly recommend where is the best place to get them? I've to admit I'm a cheap guy so cost/effectiveness is a good concern.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
Welcome to the best forum and join our e60 family
Old 06-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JackyOr
no more?
or everyone is lv2 or lv3 already??

keith84_uk

will join too I think
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kcleung
hey mark, thought you will be a good person to ask: my brother is looking to buy a residential flat probably towards end of this year. what is market sentiment at the mo? affected by the recent credit tightening and stock market slump, in your opinion?

Honestly speaking, I do commercial property so if you wanna ask about office buildings etc... then i can talk about it all day BUT I am also looking to purchase towards the end of the year and I am hoping that things would of cooled down a bit more by then. I mean the govt. has started some initiatives to try and cool it down and there have been less recent transactions the last couple of months with investors being a bit more cautious....

I just hope prices drop... in fact I hope they plummet because im a poor man... ha ha... Definetely dont have 3 village houses to sell...

I just cant see the market sustaining the same prices we have been seeing this year...Although, an acquitance of mine has an awesome house in repulse bay or there abouts and is one of 3 or 4 houses with its own pontoon for mooring boats. Asking price HK$1.3billion.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

Hi Guys, I'm a new owner of an old, all stock 545i. This is in fact my thrid 5er, E34 535i => E39 540i => E60 545i.

The first mod I have in mind is a set of M-tech kit. Could someone kindly recommend where is the best place to get them? I've to admit I'm a cheap guy so cost/effectiveness is a good concern.

guess your next car will be f10 550i?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:07 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i

welcome welcome....
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Honestly speaking, I do commercial property so if you wanna ask about office buildings etc... then i can talk about it all day BUT I am also looking to purchase towards the end of the year and I am hoping that things would of cooled down a bit more by then. I mean the govt. has started some initiatives to try and cool it down and there have been less recent transactions the last couple of months with investors being a bit more cautious....

I just hope prices drop... in fact I hope they plummet because im a poor man... ha ha... Definetely dont have 3 village houses to sell...

I just cant see the market sustaining the same prices we have been seeing this year...Although, an acquitance of mine has an awesome house in repulse bay or there abouts and is one of 3 or 4 houses with its own pontoon for mooring boats. Asking price HK$1.3billion.

if they plummet then alot of HK ppl will be out of jobs and company will fall too and I will get other 30% pay cut like last year.
I dont have any to sell until 5 years time.
I would rent them out now which I know is very easy now that the govt is telling ppl to rent and not buy.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung
guess your next car will be f10 550i?
no
e60 M5 and cheaper too.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
if they plummet then alot of HK ppl will be out of jobs and company will fall too and I will get other 30% pay cut like last year.
I dont have any to sell until 5 years time.
I would rent them out now which I know is very easy now that the govt is telling ppl to rent and not buy.
Welcome to the real world!

Thats the HK economy for you.... we have cycles.... and happens every 5 years or so... last one was sars in 2003/04....and then we had the recent financial crisis.....

Just dont think that you can make big profits all the time with property.... cant stick to a schedule if you are looking to offload... just follow market and when high, gotta decide if the profits made is enough or risk waiting for market to increase more or touch wood.....crashes.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Welcome aboard , beware a lot of mod's evil over here.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

For who can't read chinese
Translated from BMW China website using MS word, so.. don't ask me why there are funny words....
However, i wonder anyone know if this is same as what others attended earlier this year?

The BMW course content
Level 1 courses: advanced driving -- Everyday traffic in safe driving method
Level 1 courses, the drivers will learn to how to deal with any possible hazards and emergencies, with technology, training, and emergency braking, lane-changing collision avoidance. At the same time, on-site road oversteer and understeer will cause any results, and in these cases occur when timely made body State guarantee safe driving, are required in 1 -level courses to understand and grasp. This course, driving practice speed is approximately 60-80 km / hours.

Training content: to 60 Km / Hour speed in a typical road traffic condition and dangerous conditions for practical exercises to correct the self-assessment. In the advanced driver training courses, you will learn to determine the correct location of the sitting, the practice of holding the steering wheel steering precision and flexibility; the obstacles encountered, to learn how rapid emergency brake and at the same time, to avoid a dangerous tendency to avoid collision occurred; better to close to manipulate how understanding limit understeer and oversteer and bend driving skills. In simulation slalom route to wear pile of manipulation of the training also is one of the subjects.

Training stage: 1 Days.

Level 2 courses: intensive training -- 100 kilometers per hour, under the control of
Level 2 courses in dangerous road conditions, braking, avoiding turning barrier, select bend of driving directions, determines the most appropriate brake point exercises, emergency lane-changing, with oversteer and understeer effects at the same time will follow the ideal route for driving tests. Through these exercises, motorists economically, but also let you get to the vehicles on roads flexible application of the dynamic performance, enhanced driving confidence. Driving practice speed is approximately 80-100 km / hours, more BMW 130i with you to enjoy flying in the track.

Training: advanced driving of intensive training, improve driving skills. In the track or on the way to 100 kilometers per hour, pavement and dangerous conditions to conduct practical exercises. In bend and and line during braking control, appreciative, training, orientation and practice braking to avoid accidents. Select the security in the bend of the ideal line for repetition. Finally in the safety car to be led by race experience.

Training stage: 2 Days.
Student conditions: must have participated in 1 -Level course ? Advanced driving ? Or winter courses.

Level 3 courses: perfect control -- Makes high speed driving

Level 3 courses, you will have the opportunity to drive BMW M3 Feel the charm of the classic sports cars. " People just dedicate yourself to the " will be the level of new driving experience. In safe driving training the highest control training, meet your will is the unprecedented challenges, but from the familiar with the track to exercise track driving skills, has extensive experience in coaching are racing to accompany and guide you, your driving M3 off the track at the same time, the coach guided vehicle will follow you driving for the first time. When you drive a vehicle deviations from ideal route, the coach will timely tips, so that you are familiar with how to control the direction, as well as how to hold the speed on the highway. High-speed lane change, dynamic drift, enhance your driving skills.

Training content: Mastering the extremes of dynamic theory of operation; in the famous race track, to high-speed driving vehicles, practice a series of vehicle manipulation techniques; recurrent training will brake and avoid obstacles perfect combination; flexible manipulation of the vehicle, in the loop in practice drift driving; in comprehensive bend road in learning options ideal line and, ultimately, to drive lead safety car to the track driving exercises. Overall, two-day driving exercises to track driving, with leading technology and calculating timing system, we will give you a more intuitive and more focused improving driving.

Training stage: 2 Days.
Student conditions: must have participated in 2 -Level course ? Strengthened training ? ?

Fees
Level1 "advanced driving" fee: RMB 3,000/person.
Level 2 training course "," fee: RMB 6,000/person.
Level3 curriculum "perfect master" fee: RMB 15,000/person.

Place and date
Level 1 course ? Advanced driving ? ? 1 Day)

Beijing nanyuan international circuit:
2010, 4 - 18 , 4 - 19 , 4 - 20 , 4 - 21 , 9 - 3 , 9 - 4 , 9 - 5 , 9 - 6 Day.

Zhuhai international circuit :
2010, 4 - 4 , 4 - 6 , 4 - 7 , 12 - 19 , 12 - 20 , 12 - 21 , 12 - 22 Day <--- anyone interested?

Shanghai tianma circuit:
2010, 5 - 21 , 5 - 22 , 5 - 23 , 5 - 24 , 10 - 9 , 10 - 10 , 10 - 11 , 10 - 12 , 10 - 13 Day.

Chengdu Jingang international circuit:
2010, 6 - 18 , 6 - 19 , 6 - 20 Day.

Level 2 course ? Strengthened training ? ? 2 Day)

Beijing nanyuan international circuit:
2010, 4 - 13-14 , 4 - 15-16 , 8 - 29-30 , 8 - 31 , -9 - 1 Day.

Zhuhai international circuit:
2010, 3 - 31 , - 4 - 1 , 4 - 2-3 , 12 - 15-16 , 12 - 17-18 Day.

Shanghai F1 International circuit:
2010, 5 - 13-14 , 11 - 2-3 , 11 - 4-5 Day.

Level 3 course ? Perfect control ? ? 2 Day)

Shanghai F1 International circuit:
2010, 5 - 15-16 , 11 - 8-9 Day.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum