E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
You mean the new elise with 1.6 engine??
The Supercharge version is very tempting, more user friendly than the exige that i want and similar performance!
think the paper said 1.8 vvti but most likely you are right. its the open top ver but weight 860kg + 16" wheel front and rear
Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by pinguhk
if the abs dose come on dose this mean the timing is wrong.
in my old car I never had the ABS come on, do you have it on keith?
Braking too quick will triggered the ABS kick in, which means you are start to loss traction on your front tyres.

you can still brake hard without ABS kicks in, the key is to balance the speed of your braking,
proper racing is all about the smoothness and the grip, you need to know the level of grip/traction all the time no matter on braking or accelarating.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Senior Members

Braking too quick will triggered the ABS kick in, which means you are start to loss traction on your front tyres.

you can still brake hard without ABS kicks in, the key is to balance the speed of your braking,
proper racing is all about the smoothness and the grip, you need to know the level of grip/traction all the time no matter on braking or accelarating.

yes, agreed, smooth driving is the key to performance and in fact safe driving. to get into more detail, you dont need to slam on the brake to get the abs to come on. 1 can progressively apply pressure until the brakes start to lock, in other words, the driver is getting the max level of grip and adhesion from the tyres. ok, its a v fine line between getting the max grip and locking up the brakes which loses traction completely. And thats why the pros are pros and they can tell the typres are abt to lock so they release the brake pedal by a tiny amount. for us amauters, best thing is to rely on the abs. hope it make sense
Old 05-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kcleung
think the paper said 1.8 vvti but most likely you are right. its the open top ver but weight 860kg + 16" wheel front and rear

btw mrs is only ~960kg, with some mods, it could be the poor mans elise.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Clarkson mentioned the MRS as an alternative to an Elise..........
go for it KC, buy it now and mod it now

Originally Posted by kcleung
btw mrs is only ~960kg, with some mods, it could be the poor mans elise.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Members

Hi Guys!

I am back....damn... 2 more weeks to my BB ETD...so excited and exhausted already after all the preparation!!!

Anyway....I test drove a F430 a few days ago and man.....I still can't get the sound of the engine away from my mind till now....

When is the next meet guys? I will try to join...definately need some get away time...

Cheers,
Michael
Old 06-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by MikeHk
Hi Guys!

I am back....damn... 2 more weeks to my BB ETD...so excited and exhausted already after all the preparation!!!

Anyway....I test drove a F430 a few days ago and man.....I still can't get the sound of the engine away from my mind till now....

When is the next meet guys? I will try to join...definately need some get away time...

Cheers,
Michael
So are you getting the F430? or still the GT3?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billhk
Clarkson mentioned the MRS as an alternative to an Elise..........
go for it KC, buy it now and mod it now
+1 Who cares about poor man Elise,
as long as you keep it clean and standard.

But MRS steering is still very Japanese, which is no match to elise for sure
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by MikeHk
Hi Guys!

Cheers,
Michael
good that you back
just missed the last friday meetup
I know what you mean need same fresh air to breath.
we have 1 end of the month will call you.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Members

Still looking around ... i guess will have to wait till my new boss arrives and ask for his decision....

I think a van first....

GT3 will depreicate quite fast since the facelift is already here and the new model 911 should arrive sometimes next year....the 430 already take the hit since the arrival of the 458, in terms of $, i think 430 would probably be a better choice...

Cheers,
Mike

So are you getting the F430? or still the GT3?

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum