E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='270635' date='Apr 19 2006, 12:22 AM
Haha, special "hand" towing for you AC_S5, only for VIP's ! What's your idle rpm at? Maybe just need an up tune to 700-800 rpm and stalling will go away, just like mine did.

Hmmm I guess we shall postpone. Any particular dates in mind? Or we can even change venue. Let me know what you guys think.

Hey, what class are u taking AC_S5?

Cheers
Uh oh.....we have to postpone the meet....
Hopefully the postponed meet will have more people to join us.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:20 AM
Members

My Ride: E90 330i

Hi E60 gangs.

Please visit the below link for the photos of our E90 3rd meet.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17757

Enjoy!

Hopefully we can arrange a joint meet so that we can lineup many E90s and E60s for photos.

Cheers
Old 04-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

When I got my car back from the service, those white bars wouldn't go back down. I wonder what happen to it? I need to bring it back again and this time find Andy to take care of my car because the last SA Lee didn't even bother to explain to me what's going on with my car. I am very concern about the state of my car now, as they test drove my car for 70 something km. I ask them how come they need to test that much and the only reply I got from Lee was they test drove the car three times. Where the hell did they go? Yuen Long to pick up new cars for delivery? And when they give me back my car it say 30.9L/100km on the computer. I think my car took a beating from their driving, very bad on their part. Closely monitor those things when you guys bring your car in service next time.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='272026' date='Apr 21 2006, 12:22 PM
When I got my car back from the service, those white bars wouldn't go back down. I wonder what happen to it? I need to bring it back again and this time find Andy to take care of my car because the last SA Lee didn't even bother to explain to me what's going on with my car. I am very concern about the state of my car now, as they test drove my car for 70 something km. I ask them how come they need to test that much and the only reply I got from Lee was they test drove the car three times. Where the hell did they go? Yuen Long to pick up new cars for delivery? And when they give me back my car it say 30.9L/100km on the computer. I think my car took a beating from their driving, very bad on their part. Closely monitor those things when you guys bring your car in service next time.
What did you mean for "white bars" ? 30.9L/100km!! Very heavy foot wor... ... :thumbsdown:
Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

OMG, 30.9L/100km??? what, they drove in first gear all the way?? haha...Yeah, what white bars are you referring to? I thought u brought the car in for stalling engine at idle, did you not? Too bad u go to KLN side for service, or I will introduce you to Brain Lai over on HK side, he is very good.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

White bars on the side of the techometer. You will notice those on start up when the engine is cold, and as the engine heats up those bars will go away. Now they don't go all the way down rather they have 3 of them still sticking out.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='272077' date='Apr 21 2006, 04:11 PM
White bars on the side of the techometer. You will notice those on start up when the engine is cold, and as the engine heats up those bars will go away. Now they don't go all the way down rather they have 3 of them still sticking out.
O icic! Tonight when I was driving home, the airbag light come up. On the check meun It said some problem cause by the driver airbag... ... Hope it's not a big problem , now I'm so worry... ...
Old 04-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='272026' date='Apr 21 2006, 12:22 PM
Don't worry AC_S5, I got the exact problem after I took my car for an service. They had updated the CIP to a more recent version, and according to my SA and other members in the forum, the white bars will not completly disappear after this CIP upgrade.

Here is the thread I started some time ago.

As for the cosumption suddenly goes up after the service, most probably after the CIP update, all the previous data are erased......maybe that's the figure right after the update for the drive from the garage to the ground floor?! I am not sure.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Haha, funny I never noticed the white bars before, I have to take a look today. Last week I found two parallel and vertical dents on my upper rear bumper near the trunk opening, I suspect it's courtesy of Mrs Bunbun... :thumbsdown: But she didnt say anything.

Btw, anyone here has driven a Z4? How does it drive?
Old 04-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='272489' date='Apr 22 2006, 10:57 AM
Btw, anyone here has driven a Z4? How does it drive?
No, I haven't driven a Z4 yet. Hm.....you must be itchy for a new car.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum