E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='267032' date='Apr 10 2006, 02:00 PM
This past weekend, I saw another silver 530 with quad exhaust, just like gf366's (but with different wheels and license number). Belong to anyone here? hehe.... Still only just 4 people sign up for the end of Apr meeting, anyone else interested?? there's got to be more...hehe.
Does it have the M-kit? If so, is most probably the gf366's twins I met in the last E90 meet.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Members

My Ride: E90 330i

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='259815' date='Mar 25 2006, 09:40 AM
Hello RD Sport

I think mic325 will be away that day. hv you been to Garden Farm before? how's there BBQ? I'll see if we can join u. Any interests in joining us on the 30th?

Bunbun
Hi Bunbun,

Just went to the Garden Farm yesterday. I would say it's quite good. Scenary is superb. The place is not crowded with lot's of space and very private. The food is not bad and the price is quite cheap IMO. They have a 10% off discount in April. Parking is not a problem. You guys can line up your E60s for photos and don't worry, it is a concrete parking lot

Have fun!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='262505' date='Mar 30 2006, 10:04 AM
Way to go ! 4 people now, I know u guys who haven't signed up yet want to come. Now get on the list...hehe
Thanks for the update RD Sport, are u coming too? We only hv 4 ppl now
Old 04-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='267032' date='Apr 10 2006, 02:00 PM
This past weekend, I saw another silver 530 with quad exhaust, just like gf366's (but with different wheels and license number). Belong to anyone here? hehe.... Still only just 4 people sign up for the end of Apr meeting, anyone else interested?? there's got to be more...hehe.
I had contacted gf366 a few days ago, he will come to our meet if he is not out of town on that day.

COME ON, GUYS!!! SIGN UP NOW!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:17 AM
Members

My Ride: E90 330i

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='270078' date='Apr 17 2006, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the update RD Sport, are u coming too? We only hv 4 ppl now

Sorry Bunbun, I can't come. In fact, I have to work during the whole long weekend! :thumbsdown:

BTW, please be sure to call the place for reservation. You have to tell them how many people and you have to choose BBQ packs from their 6 different choices.

Hopefully we can have a joint event in the near future.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Bunbun

Sorry to tell you that I have class on the weekend of 29-30th which make it impossible for me to join the gathering.

Since there's not much interest, are you considering postponing it? May 5th maybe?

And some other things

My car is in the shop (unschedule one) because of shruddering at low engine speed which cause the car to stall and check engine lights to come on. Don't have a clue of what's going on. I call BMW service and they told me not to use the car, then they sent two guys over to check it and one of them tell me they will drive it back to Ma Tau Wai for me. I thought they told me don't drive the car as in they will tow it?

Anyways let's see what's going on this time, but my guess is an engine management problem. Will they update the CIP for me? Hopefully not, as not alot of good feedback from the latest CIP.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='270462' date='Apr 18 2006, 12:01 AM
Bunbun

Sorry to tell you that I have class on the weekend of 29-30th which make it impossible for me to join the gathering.

Since there's not much interest, are you considering postponing it? May 5th maybe?
And some other things

My car is in the shop (unschedule one) because of shruddering at low engine speed which cause the car to stall and check engine lights to come on. Don't have a clue of what's going on. I call BMW service and they told me not to use the car, then they sent two guys over to check it and one of them tell me they will drive it back to Ma Tau Wai for me. I thought they told me don't drive the car as in they will tow it?

Anyways let's see what's going on this time, but my guess is an engine management problem. Will they update the CIP for me? Hopefully not, as not alot of good feedback from the latest CIP.
Haha, special "hand" towing for you AC_S5, only for VIP's ! What's your idle rpm at? Maybe just need an up tune to 700-800 rpm and stalling will go away, just like mine did.

Hmmm I guess we shall postpone. Any particular dates in mind? Or we can even change venue. Let me know what you guys think.

Hey, what class are u taking AC_S5?

Cheers
Old 04-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='270635' date='Apr 19 2006, 12:22 AM
Haha, special "hand" towing for you AC_S5, only for VIP's ! What's your idle rpm at? Maybe just need an up tune to 700-800 rpm and stalling will go away, just like mine did.

Hmmm I guess we shall postpone. Any particular dates in mind? Or we can even change venue. Let me know what you guys think.

Hey, what class are u taking AC_S5?

Cheers
Yoga class , no I wouldn't miss the gathering for those class (not that I do yoga but...) those professors for my masters course is coming from Australia so I have to be there since they are only here once each term. Anyway maybe postponing would be good as some people maybe away for the weekend.

I was expecting something ordinary people receive like a tow truck maybe but <_<

The car usually idles at around 800 rpm so the problem I am having is not normal. I called them today they say a module control the vanos has fail causing the valve timing at idle to be off and thus the car stall, maybe that's why I am getting those shruddering sometimes when my car comes to a stop. They said they will change it out and I am expecting to get my car back tommorrow.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Members

I am in Guangzhou, mainland China, can I join you?
we here in Canton Province, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and Zhuhai, we have lots of E60 Owners and Fans. hope some day we can have a big meeting!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gordonyang' post='270842' date='Apr 19 2006, 07:26 AM
I am in Guangzhou, mainland China, can I join you?
we here in Canton Province, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and Zhuhai, we have lots of E60 Owners and Fans. hope some day we can have a big meeting!!!
Sure you can come but you need a HK license plate first and we will all need a Canton Province license plate. But before that we will need to setup a business in China first

But if you come to visit HK during vacation and if we have a meet you are welcome to join.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum