E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Dec 28 2004, 06:14 AM
Hey... Welcome to Hong Kong in advance! Too bad that I won't be in Hong Kong for most of Feb., as my wedding is on Feb 1st and will start honeymoon right after. I'll probarbly in Las Vegas for mid-feb then New York, will be returning home by late Feb... But if you wish, I can make reservation for hotels for you. Most of the hotels in Hong Kong are pretty safe, if you pay $100-$120USD will get a medium-range decent hotel. If you pay $200USD you'll get a nice business suit. For something fancy like Penninsula Hotel, you are looking to pay $500 for a pretty basic room...

Let me know if you need further information!
[snapback]73028[/snapback]
Hey cool, we should make a NY meet just for that, i'm in NY, family originated from HK, i go back to HK every now n then, very nice cars.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jan 11 2005, 11:43 PM
man, no wonder.? glad to hear you are feeling better now .
[snapback]78327[/snapback]
Thx brah. Im glad too =) What's new in Hawaii? I hear u get 40 foot waves too last month.

Btw, Im seriously considering trading in my 5 for a 7 after riding in a friend's 745iL. It just felt much more solidly build than our 5 for some strange reason. And I luv the auto/hydraulic? door close and push button truck close.

Chakkah.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Senior Members

trunk i meant.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Jan 11 2005, 10:13 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Jan 11 2005, 11:43 PM']man, no wonder.? glad to hear you are feeling better now .
[snapback]78327[/snapback]
Thx brah. Im glad too =) What's new in Hawaii? I hear u get 40 foot waves too last month.

Btw, Im seriously considering trading in my 5 for a 7 after riding in a friend's 745iL. It just felt much more solidly build than our 5 for some strange reason. And I luv the auto/hydraulic? door close and push button truck close.

Chakkah.
[snapback]78357[/snapback]
[/quote]
the waves were pretty cool last month and i was in the north shore. the tv series "north shore" was filming when i was there.

i think you better think it twice before you make this move . imo, 5 is a better balanced car than a 7. but if you want luxury more than anything else. then go for it. those little toys are nice luxury features that we have to give up in order to get the best all around sedan in the world .
Old 01-12-2005, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

[snapback]78357[/snapback]
[/quote]
the waves were pretty cool last month and i was in the north shore. the tv series "north shore" was filming when i was there.

i think you better think it twice before you make this move . imo, 5 is a better balanced car than a 7. but if you want luxury more than anything else. then go for it. those little toys are nice luxury features that we have to give up in order to get the best all around sedan in the world .
[snapback]78387[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thx, I'll keep that in mind. And even if I do, I'll be sure to get a post MY2004 7, I hear there are numerous problems with 02s and 03s. Got my car back today, will see how well they fix it this time. Still get the squeaks on my seat but I've learned to block them out mentally....
Old 01-12-2005, 03:57 AM
Senior Members

i'm surprised your dealer couldn't fix the squeaks. if you could duplicate it in front of them, they should find a way to fix it .
Old 01-15-2005, 05:43 AM
Senior Members

Hi Guys

Does anyone know for sure if the M Sport package will be offered in HKG? I asked the service centre but they dont know. I like it alot and will definitely get it if available. Today I had a pleasant drive around the entire terriorty HKG -> KLN -> NT -> KLN -> HKG. Still gotta say, despite all the poor interior fittings, car still drives very well (even my 520i....hehe).
Old 01-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

BTW wslam: how are those new GY Eagles? now that you've had them for a few months? Share with us your comments la, I think many of us with runflats are looking for alternatives (including myself)... =)
Old 01-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Jan 15 2005, 04:43 AM
Hi Guys

Does anyone know for sure if the M Sport package will be offered in HKG?? I asked the service centre but they dont know.? I like it alot and will definitely get it if available.? Today I had a pleasant drive around the entire terriorty HKG -> KLN -> NT -> KLN -> HKG.? Still gotta say, despite all the poor interior fittings, car still drives very well (even my 520i....hehe).
[snapback]79380[/snapback]
so how many miles/kilos did you add to your car ?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Jan 16 2005, 12:43 AM
Hi Guys

Does anyone know for sure if the M Sport package will be offered in HKG?? I asked the service centre but they dont know.? I like it alot and will definitely get it if available.? Today I had a pleasant drive around the entire terriorty HKG -> KLN -> NT -> KLN -> HKG.? Still gotta say, despite all the poor interior fittings, car still drives very well (even my 520i....hehe).
[snapback]79380[/snapback]

Hi BunBun,
Actually you can placed your order from the BMW parts' dept already. However, they still don't have a pkg bundle offered yet. It means that you have to let them choose/match every little parts and group all the necessary items together and of course you've to pay more expensive prices. (i.e. only the front spoiler with all the necessary part items will cost you approx. HK$15,000 not inc'l the labour/installation cost)

Stuart

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum