E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Mar 23 2005, 09:40 PM
Nice.... But you should really get the car to a sunshine place to take some nice pictures....

Well... As all of us Hong Kong E60 fans wish to take a look of Bunbun's car, maybe we should really gather for a drink/lunch meet to take a look of his car during this long weekend!
[snapback]105787[/snapback]
What a great idea, the last two pics I took was at the City Golf Driving Range parking lot over at Kowloon Station. If it wasn't because I was in a hurry, I would have taken much better photos Name a time and place for the meet, I should be able to make it.

Rims, they're already changed, used to be the stock 16" (forgot style number) that came with the 520i. These current ones belonged to a nice 530i who kindly sold them to me at a good price. Dunlop tires are ok by my standards, not as bad as some may think, alto really a bit on the hard side.

Cheers.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Senior Members

Btw, when are u guys heading over to the German parts shop in MK(?), let me know, I would like to join in too. Thx

Bunbun.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Mar 23 2005, 11:05 PM
Btw, when are u guys heading over to the German parts shop in MK(?), let me know, I would like to join in too.? Thx

Bunbun.
[snapback]105806[/snapback]
I am still struggling if I should spend the money for the kit, as I've already spent way too much for my wedding recently. (And I'd just bought a new Panerai and a O2 Mini as well )

Actually I went to that shop about 10 days ago, I brought the money and about to order. However, they said the price they've quoted me was without spoiler (which I thought yours suppose to be come w/ spoiler), therefore I decide to do a little more research before ordering.

That store in MK is actually nice and clean, looks just exactly like the BMW Parts department... So, I guess if any of you wish to order some OEM parts, its worth to check their price as well.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Mar 24 2005, 04:48 AM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Mar 23 2005, 11:05 PM']Btw, when are u guys heading over to the German parts shop in MK(?), let me know, I would like to join in too.? Thx

Bunbun.
I am still struggling if I should spend the money for the kit, as I've already spent way too much for my wedding recently. (And I'd just bought a new Panerai and a O2 Mini as well )

Actually I went to that shop about 10 days ago, I brought the money and about to order. However, they said the price they've quoted me was without spoiler (which I thought yours suppose to be come w/ spoiler), therefore I decide to do a little more research before ordering.

That store in MK is actually nice and clean, looks just exactly like the BMW Parts department... So, I guess if any of you wish to order some OEM parts, its worth to check their price as well.
[snapback]105878[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh man

Im so outdated, what is a Panerai? and O2 mini? These must be hip items.....

Yes, the package should come with the deck wing (spoiler) AND front license plate holder (u can see it in my pics). The plate holder is body colored and only the M5 has it as standard equipment. FYI

So are we going to meet? Come to think of it, tomorrow is best for me, let me know la.

Bunbun.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Get a 20" wheels and your ride will be perfect! Just a suggestion thou..
Old 03-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Mar 24 2005, 05:47 AM
Get a 20" wheels and your ride will be perfect!? ? Just a suggestion thou..?
[snapback]105900[/snapback]
Im thinking muffler next. Im also worried of the bumpier ride that comes with larger wheels and thinner tires. Hmmm...
Old 03-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Mar 24 2005, 02:48 AM

holy Moly! if you can afford all that in HK you must be doing well... so sure! get the M kit too.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 24 2005, 08:49 PM
[quote name='gf366' date='Mar 24 2005, 02:48 AM']I am still struggling if I should spend the money for the kit, as I've already spent way too much for my wedding recently. (And I'd just bought a new Panerai and a O2 Mini as well )

holy Moly! if you can afford all that in HK you must be doing well... so sure! get the M kit too.
[snapback]106268[/snapback]
[/quote]

EBMCS03

I noticed you have an SMG equipped E60, curious to know can u drive an SMG like a fully automatic? i.e. can u drive it without shifting any gears and just leaving it at "D"? Thx

Bunbun
Old 03-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gf366' date='Mar 24 2005, 04:48 AM
[quote name='Bunbun' date='Mar 23 2005, 11:05 PM']Btw, when are u guys heading over to the German parts shop in MK(?), let me know, I would like to join in too.? Thx

Bunbun.

[/quote]

gf366

Do u hv the name and address of that shop, I'd like to go take a look myself. I want to see if they sell the lighted door sills. Thx.

Bunbun
Old 03-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Mar 24 2005, 08:55 PM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 24 2005, 08:49 PM'][quote name='gf366' date='Mar 24 2005, 02:48 AM']I am still struggling if I should spend the money for the kit, as I've already spent way too much for my wedding recently. (And I'd just bought a new Panerai and a O2 Mini as well )

[snapback]106268[/snapback]
[/quote]

EBMCS03

I noticed you have an SMG equipped E60, curious to know can u drive an SMG like a fully automatic? i.e. can u drive it without shifting any gears and just leaving it at "D"? Thx

Bunbun
[snapback]106319[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes you can. there is a full automatic mode for the smg where you dont have to change gears at all but its not recommended since its shifts are pretty bad... it lurches and is slow. Harder to predict when its going to shift.

BUT as for now I wont even dare use it till they fix this problem I've been having... BMW NA is saying they are aware of the issue and my dealer thinks and hopes they will have a fix with V16.x software release.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5860&hl=SMG

and apparently I've asked in another thread for more people to try out the SMG auto to see if they have the same problem and no one is willing to try it for a longer period of time. They just try it once and go "Nope no problem" and thats it.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum