E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
+1 Don't over mod a car ...
if you know bill well he is like us the god ofs
Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

glad you guys still have the modding spirit.

it won't be over mod'd, as it is a 2 door, it is easier to fit more extreme items on eg.no rear door=a bigger
side skirt splitter, as no-one will step onto it, i already have the cf AMG rear lip(not for general sale yet)
As i have a dark colour, fitting cf would be easy and no need for colour coding

Capt 16" i need your help to design some bits.
Wheels - cross keys the fronts arrive this week or there willbe Millwall style!!

saying that why are we meeting on the 16th? is it something to do with the same size wheels, those Dinky/Corgi
puny,feeble,cretinous,weedy,pussy(sorry abt that one ),pathetic,cute,shopping cart....wheels????

can u take any more Capt 16???

Originally Posted by pinguhk
if you know bill well he is like us the god ofs
Old 02-03-2010, 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by billhk
glad you guys still have the modding spirit.

it won't be over mod'd, as it is a 2 door, it is easier to fit more extreme items on eg.no rear door=a bigger
side skirt splitter, as no-one will step onto it, i already have the cf AMG rear lip(not for general sale yet)
As i have a dark colour, fitting cf would be easy and no need for colour coding

Capt 16" i need your help to design some bits.
Wheels - cross keys the fronts arrive this week or there willbe Millwall style!!

saying that why are we meeting on the 16th? is it something to do with the same size wheels, those Dinky/Corgi
puny,feeble,cretinous,weedy,pussy(sorry abt that one ),pathetic,cute,shopping cart....wheels????

can u take any more Capt 16???
If you lend him the money with 0% interest, he might change sooner
Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Members

Hi, I am new to BMW family. Got my 523i EAG batch in Dec. Need to learn more from C-hing here.

Thinking of changing the 16" wheel to 18" or 19". Will that consumpt much more fuel and sacify the passenger comfort? Some shops convince me to go for lighting wheel which won't take more fuel than the factory ones. I am not sure about this?

Any good shop recommened for changing wheel and where can I find second hand wheel?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by telegogo
Hi, I am new to BMW family. Got my 523i EAG batch in Dec. Need to learn more from C-hing here.

Thinking of changing the 16" wheel to 18" or 19". Will that consumpt much more fuel and sacify the passenger comfort? Some shops convince me to go for lighting wheel which won't take more fuel than the factory ones. I am not sure about this?

Any good shop recommened for changing wheel and where can I find second hand wheel?

Thanks.
Welcome to our family telegogo
Changing from 16" with run-flat to 18" without run-flat will not affect the ride quality, but you will feel slightly more bumpy if you go for the 19" due to the lower profile.
Lighter wheels will improve the fuel economy and handling in reality, but it wont be much i expect.

Dont buy wheels for its weight as we are not boy racer, buy it for the looks
Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Thanks.
Welcome abroad. There are no C-hing over here. A lot of devils only . J/K
18" or 19" improve good outlook and handling in turn. You can read our signature and a lot of ideas how to mod your ride.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

welcome bud

i was a sober, familyman car guy BEFORE meeting these friends, you will enjoy your car and the process of modding, this is the best BMW forum and also u can meet buddies who drive other makes,
just be prepared to spend some shedloads of money and make some sacrifices in ride height and
..... u will see

Capt 16, even the new babies are already changing to 18inch plus, you will be the old uncle at the next meet,

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Welcome to our family telegogo
Changing from 16" with run-flat to 18" without run-flat will not affect the ride quality, but you will feel slightly more bumpy if you go for the 19" due to the lower profile.
Lighter wheels will improve the fuel economy and handling in reality, but it wont be much i expect.

Dont buy wheels for its weight as we are not boy racer, buy it for the looks
I don't want it to be too bumpy as my wife will drive it sometimes and I have to drive kids to school every day.

Any wheel shop to recommned?

I talked to few shop in hk island. they suggest 245 and 275 for 19" tyre. what will be the type size if it is 18"?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Members

welcome bud

i was a sober, familyman car guy BEFORE meeting these friends, you will enjoy your car and the process of modding, this is the best BMW forum and also u can meet buddies who drive other makes,
just be prepared to spend some shedloads of money and make some sacrifices in ride height and
..... u will see

Capt 16, even the new babies are already changing to 18inch plus, you will be the old uncle at the next meet,
I went though some other lcoal forums on cars but no one like this mainly on E60 which is great.

I preapre to spend some money to upgrade my E60 including 1) wheel and tyre 2) bodykit (i have no idea how to start with it) 3) car audio (the exsiting one is far too bad.

I need help from you guys here.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

welcome bud

..... u will see

HaHa!! Capt 16", love that title! Why not explain to our new friend what that title is about? hehehe

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum