E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help Me Choose the Color of My New 06 530

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always find light colors look better on E60. I vote for Silver Titanium Metallic.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by stream' post='207012
Originally Posted by BMWDoug' post='206844' date='Dec 4 2005, 06:54 AM
Can I get some opinions as to which color of the two you folks would suggest? For interior I am considering Black or grey, or ? Thank you for any help.
Color is such a subjective thing. My take is you'd have to make that decision yourself. Go to dealerships and look at the cars there. Pay attention on the street and "look" at the cars you see. See what works, see what doesn't - FOR YOU. I've picked Mystic Blue with Auburn leather for mine.

You're right about the black being a hard upkeep, however, there are several silver BMWs where I work, as well as other brands of silver/gray cars, and they ALL look like crap after a day of rain and muddy roads. There's not one color that looks clean when it's dirty. Find a car wash with the wand and hose the car off weekly or after a particular day of wet driving and you'll be OK. You just can't keep a clean car in the winter.

Good luck making the choice that works for you.
Your technique will leave a black Z06 still looking horrible. A silver car, for example, would look less horrible. One can't even wash a black car at home and have it look good. To have one look good after a home wash, you've got to go another step--quick detailer, quick wax, or wax. But, your techique will work, of course, as a temporizing stop-gap winter measure to some extent on any color.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Ordered 550i ED on 9/24/05. Titanium silver, priority one seating (black), steptronic, sports package, premium sound system, active steering, comfort access, power rear sunshades, navigation, head up display, rear door air bag

I too liked the silver grey (in pictures) until I saw it in person. It still looks great in bright sunlight. But while I agree that titanium silver might be too light for some people (especially in bright sunlight), it looks fabulous at night. Plus the titanium silver is the perfect exterior for the black leather interior. May I suggest the ventilated comfort seats (sit in a 7-series). The Nasca leather is nicer than the Dakota and you can never place too much emphasis on your personal seating. Sit in the 7-series and you will know.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Members

Location: Central California. Plenty of sunshine. Hot in Summer, but NO humidity. :)
My Ride: In the process of buying the right 2006 530i

WOW! What a great forum. I really appreciate all the help and suggestions from all of you. It was great reading the responses. I went to the BMW Dealer today as well to look at 530's, lots of fun! Okay, so I have made a choice on exterior and interior colors. I am going with Silver Grey Metallic and Black Dakota Leather Interior. The BMW's Black Interior looks like a dark grey, I think it will look great. Thanks so much to everyone.

I have now started another topic about what wood trim to choose and what options. This thread really helped me, so please chime in on the other thread. I promise to post pictures of the car when I get it. I am like a kid in a candy store.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:36 PM
SKK
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMWDoug' post='207087' date='Dec 4 2005, 09:32 PM
WOW! What a great forum. I really appreciate all the help and suggestions from all of you. It was great reading the responses. I went to the BMW Dealer today as well to look at 530's, lots of fun! Okay, so I have made a choice on exterior and interior colors. I am going with Silver Grey Metallic and Black Dakota Leather Interior. The BMW's Black Interior looks like a dark grey, I think it will look great. Thanks so much to everyone.

Good decision

Think about getting the M sport kit as it really makes the car stand out.

I made the mistake of going for Aluminium cube interior and whilst it initially looked nice and techno its getting a bit tiring on the eye now.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Contributors

Imola red or estoril blue would be my choice.

I have silver and was quite happy with the color at first, but a few days later my neighbor bought a silver grey 545i and made me long for that color. However, as I began to see more silver grey e60s it seemed rather bland to me at times, especially when parked on the street at night.

At first, my regrets were the silver, no SMG and no NAV, but as time passed, I found myself to be pleased with the silver, especially thankful that I didn't get SMG and found the use of NAV to be rather pointless in other cars.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='206872
Hi all. I just found this Forum. It seems like a great place to discuss BMW's and learn. I having a tough time determining the color of my new 530. I am in the process of buying, but I can't decide on the color. I have been going back and forth between Black Sapphire Metallic, Silver Titanium Metallic, and Silver Grey Metallic.

I have now ELIMINATED Black Sapphire Metallic. I think it is a beautiful color, but I think the upkeep would be tough. So, I am down to Silver Titanium Metallic and Silver Grey Metallic and the interior choice for the two. Can I get some opinions as to which color of the two you folks would suggest? For interior I am considering Black or grey, or ? Thank you for any help.

If I had to choose from your narrowed down list I would recommend Silver Gray with Gray interior. If I were to choose from all available E60 colors I would highly recommend Titanium GRAY II with Auburn interior
[/quote]

- -you read my mind/taste