E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Choose the Color of My New 06 530

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Members

Location: Central California. Plenty of sunshine. Hot in Summer, but NO humidity. :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In the process of buying the right 2006 530i

Hi all. I just found this Forum. It seems like a great place to discuss BMW's and learn. I having a tough time determining the color of my new 530. I am in the process of buying, but I can't decide on the color. I have been going back and forth between Black Sapphire Metallic, Silver Titanium Metallic, and Silver Grey Metallic.

I have now ELIMINATED Black Sapphire Metallic. I think it is a beautiful color, but I think the upkeep would be tough. So, I am down to Silver Titanium Metallic and Silver Grey Metallic and the interior choice for the two. Can I get some opinions as to which color of the two you folks would suggest? For interior I am considering Black or grey, or ? Thank you for any help.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by BMWDoug' post='206844' date='Dec 4 2005, 12:54 AM
Hi all. I just found this Forum. It seems like a great place to discuss BMW's and learn. I having a tough time determining the color of my new 530. I am in the process of buying, but I can't decide on the color. I have been going back and forth between Black Sapphire Metallic, Silver Titanium Metallic, and Silver Grey Metallic.

I have now ELIMINATED Black Sapphire Metallic. I think it is a beautiful color, but I think the upkeep would be tough. So, I am down to Silver Titanium Metallic and Silver Grey Metallic and the interior choice for the two. Can I get some opinions as to which color of the two you folks would suggest? For interior I am considering Black or grey, or ? Thank you for any help.

Welcome BMWDaug! My first chice is Mystic Blue...but from your choices I would go with Silver Titanium Metalic with Black interior. Check out wiszmaster's car before his accident beautiful color.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=15708
Good luck!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWDoug' post='206844' date='Dec 3 2005, 09:54 PM

If I had to choose from your narrowed down list I would recommend Silver Gray with Gray interior. If I were to choose from all available E60 colors I would highly recommend Titanium GRAY II with Auburn interior
Old 12-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

It really is personal preference for the most part.

I have a black Range Rover and it's a pain in the butt. Don't get black.

I have a Titanium Silver 545i with black interior, and I love the color. It NEVER looks dirty. I went from washing my E46 weekly to washing my 545i every 2-3 weeks. It's not hot inside, either.

In my experience, you get a good idea of what color the manufacturer thinks flatters the design most by what color they use in their brochures. In my Range Rover it was a silver color. In the BMW it was silver grey, I think.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Senior Members

Silver grey metallic with grey or auburn interior
Old 12-04-2005, 12:12 AM
SKK
Senior Members

Titanium silver just looks too light to me. It doesnt fit right without the M sport kit or the privacy glass. I have seen one with these on and the car looked good.

However with or without them Silver Grey looks better. I have an 530i M Sport in Silver Grey and my neighbour has a 530d SE in the same colour. Both look the business.

Black always looks fantastic but it is a bugger to keep clean. Also I cant stand swirl marks and black + sunshine just magnifies them.

If you go for Titanium Silver I would with a black interior just to create a bit of contrast. If Silver Grey then still black interior but grey will also go well.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:03 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by BMWDoug' post='206844' date='Dec 4 2005, 06:54 AM
Can I get some opinions as to which color of the two you folks would suggest? For interior I am considering Black or grey, or ? Thank you for any help.
Color is such a subjective thing. My take is you'd have to make that decision yourself. Go to dealerships and look at the cars there. Pay attention on the street and "look" at the cars you see. See what works, see what doesn't - FOR YOU. I've picked Mystic Blue with Auburn leather for mine.

You're right about the black being a hard upkeep, however, there are several silver BMWs where I work, as well as other brands of silver/gray cars, and they ALL look like crap after a day of rain and muddy roads. There's not one color that looks clean when it's dirty. Find a car wash with the wand and hose the car off weekly or after a particular day of wet driving and you'll be OK. You just can't keep a clean car in the winter.

Good luck making the choice that works for you.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by BMWDoug' post='206844' date='Dec 4 2005, 12:54 AM

Saphire black
Old 12-04-2005, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Check out Titanium Gray - with a black interior it is sharp.

I'm personally not a fan of Titanium Silver. Almost has no color to it - close to white if you ask me. It is true that it will stay cleaner than any color however and will have good resale value.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

deep green

i am never really much help

Quick Reply: Help Me Choose the Color of My New 06 530