E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Headlamp washers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Bedford530i' post='200033' date='Nov 18 2005, 05:36 PM
Just make sure your moonroof is closed when you do this (otherwise some may end up inside your car!)
Good point!

As is, if your wash your windscreen whilst driving keep your windows closed.

Could anyone with a nice camera, please, take a pic or two of the actual headlight washing happening???
Old 11-18-2005, 07:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Bedford530i' post='200033' date='Nov 18 2005, 04:36 PM
Just make sure your moonroof is closed when you do this (otherwise some may end up inside your car!)
To complete the info, here are indications:
1 - True, it is mandatory to have the xenon lights washer in European Union countries (for obvious security reasons as the light coming out of the lens is focussed instead of the classical diffusion; therefore as soon as the front of the headlight is too dirty, most of the light is absorbed and the XL are inefficient).
2 - The windscreen washer has two positions : If you stop half course, it will only spray you windscreen even on the first time after you started, and lights on. The full course will provide the XL washing also according to the rules stated before on this thread.
3 - The system , when use at higher speed (I think it is conceived to work properly during driving), will not spray washing liquid all over the -possibly clean- hood but will advantageously use the line of the car to evacuate water on the sides. The bad news is that the sides are then a bit dusty!
4 - I never though taking a movie of that but in operation, but BMW did : If you wanna have a pic, I suggest to go through the www.bmw.de car configurator and look at the pic they offer in the accessory list. It is quite clear.

Fred

PS I think these operations are quite water consumming; As soon as I use them, the tank goes dramatically and quickly empty...
Old 11-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

I have that cut out on my bumper even though my car doesn't have the headlights washer. But there's no need for it here.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

They flip open, my friends saw it when I was washing the windshield, and they said it was verry cool!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

OK so has anyone seen them working from the outside of the car? Any pics anyone?
Old 11-19-2005, 03:02 AM
Senior Members

I have them but never use them.
At any speed they also spray up onto the hood. I definitely don't want some soapy solution baking away on my hood!
Old 11-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by BMW#5' post='200505' date='Nov 19 2005, 12:02 PM
I have them but never use them.
At any speed they also spray up onto the hood. I definitely don't want some soapy solution baking away on my hood!
I thought I had them but I don't have the pop outs in bumper though which is standard in all bumpers anyhow you don't have a choice in using them they work in unison with the windscreen washers and headlight's
Old 11-19-2005, 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

2 - The windscreen washer has two positions : If you stop half course, it will only spray you windscreen even on the first time after you started, and lights on. The full course will provide the XL washing also according to the rules stated before on this thread.

THIS I DIDN'T KNOW! DOES IT REALLY WORK THIS WAY?

4 - I never though taking a movie of that but in operation, but BMW did : If you wanna have a pic, I suggest to go through the www.bmw.de car configurator and look at the pic they offer in the accessory list. It is quite clear.

I SEARCHED FOR THIS PIC HALF AN HOUR AND DIDN'T FIND IT.
COULD YOU PLEASE GO AND "STEEL IT" FOR OUR VIEWING PLEASURE!
Old 11-19-2005, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='200539' date='Nov 19 2005, 09:34 AM

THIS I DIDN'T KNOW! DOES IT REALLY WORK THIS WAY?

I SEARCHED FOR THIS PIC HALF AN HOUR AND DIDN'T FIND IT.
COULD YOU PLEASE GO AND "STEEL IT" FOR OUR VIEWING PLEASURE!
At least in the US, I don't think it works the way it was described in #2 above.

I also couldn't find the pic to "steal" in the car configurator on the German site.

Someone with more time than me will get a pic or video soon, I imagine...
Old 11-19-2005, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Got a short clip but the quality was not good (off my handphone) and I don't know how to attach 3gp video anyway. Here are a few pics captured from the clip.

p/s I got a little more time than Rudy. Curious myself as I have never seen it from outside myself.

Headlamp washers!-pic1.jpg
Headlamp washers!-pic2.jpg
Headlamp washers!-pic3.jpg
Headlamp washers!-pic4.jpg
Headlamp washers!-pic5.jpg
Headlamp washers!-pic6.jpg

Quick Reply: Headlamp washers!