E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Haunted by an RS6!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Knobjockey' date='Aug 18 2005, 02:45 PM
I think it's only fair to give the diesel guys a break. Not everyone can afford to run a petrol BMW and it's credit to BMW that they make the cars which allow the less well off to venture into this sector.
Good luck to you all and I only hope that one day you are successful enough to afford a petrol BMW rather than the misers choice!? Let them think their cars are as fast or faster, I think we have taken the p** out of them enough now
[snapback]160759[/snapback]
Whaaat?
That's not smth nice to say...
You are the first one i met on this forum to talk like this...
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Senior Members

Anyway for me this discussion has ended...
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' date='Aug 18 2005, 08:50 PM
[quote name='Knobjockey' date='Aug 18 2005, 02:45 PM']I think it's only fair to give the diesel guys a break. Not everyone can afford to run a petrol BMW and it's credit to BMW that they make the cars which allow the less well off to venture into this sector.
Good luck to you all and I only hope that one day you are successful enough to afford a petrol BMW rather than the misers choice!? Let them think their cars are as fast or faster, I think we have taken the p** out of them enough now
[snapback]160759[/snapback]
Whaaat?
That's not smth nice to say...
You are the first one i met on this forum to talk like this...
[snapback]160763[/snapback]
[/quote]

British humour. I own a 530D E61 the ultimate misers car!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

Oh ok i missunderstood!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

I thought you were a petrol owner and i missread the first sentence...
Old 08-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d, Carbon Black, High Executive, M, Navigation, Logic 7, Shadow line gloss

Yeah, let the Brits do the humor and the Germans make the cars. We just make cheese here.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by swajames' date='Aug 18 2005, 08:42 PM
I think BMW has a policy of being conservative on its quoted specs - my 545 and your 535 are quicker than the official times.? My 545 is not as fast as a M3 or an E39 M5.? But is quite a bit quicker than the official specs, as, I suspect, are the M3 and E39 M5.? You need to compare apples to apples.
[snapback]160734[/snapback]
Yep.

Originally Posted by mooserwirt' date='Aug 18 2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the guru compliment, you're the first. My clients always say their bill is to high Is everyone going to the IAA, I heard the 535i will be introduced, is that true?
[snapback]160736[/snapback]

There is a thread in the meet & greet forum. Everybody who is coming is going to the IAA, AFAIK. It will be a lot of fun!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Contributors

I'm already thinking about the next 5 series , and it WILL BE Diesel for sure, petrol is dead for me.
Another good point about Diesel is that the resale value is much better than petrol, the 545i will get a big depreciation in Europe and will be much harder to sell.
I sell my cars at about 6 years of use.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

personally couldn't give a t*** about resale as long as it's not 5kGBP or something. whenever I buy my next cars, I've saved enough to buy it outright and anything I get back is a bonus!

Funny thing about this forum I find is that you Diesel guys are always going on about how equal the Diesel is to the V8, how much you love them, how you would only buy a Diesel on your next pruchase .. so I think it's a case of, give us petrol guys a break. To be honest, I couldn't care "IF" the diesel was quicker, I love my car... THAT'S IT! Sometimes when reading this forum I come away feeling like I made the wrong choice (which I clearly haven't).

As for Step vs Manual, the BMW guide is only 0.1s diff to 62mph. And BMW do publish conservative numbers for the 0-62 (100kph)... In fact, isn't it that they post the "hot" climate times to give the worste possible figs?
Old 08-19-2005, 01:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JayEll' date='Aug 19 2005, 04:19 AM
personally couldn't give a t*** about resale as long as it's not 5kGBP or something. whenever I buy my next cars, I've saved enough to buy it outright and anything I get back is a bonus!

Funny thing about this forum I find is that you Diesel guys are always going on about how equal the Diesel is to the V8, how much you love them, how you would only buy a Diesel on your next pruchase .. so I think it's a case of, give us petrol guys a break. To be honest, I couldn't care "IF" the diesel was quicker, I love my car... THAT'S IT! Sometimes when reading this forum I come away feeling like I made the wrong choice (which I clearly haven't).

As for Step vs Manual, the BMW guide is only 0.1s diff to 62mph. And BMW do publish conservative numbers for the 0-62 (100kph)... In fact, isn't it that they post the "hot" climate times to give the worste possible figs?
[snapback]160985[/snapback]
We are just comparing facts: that are for sure like resale values, fuel consumption, service costs and so on...those are certain and on the 545i for sure those are higher! The facts that aren't so sure are the performance road tests...anyway
Let me tell u smth most of us diesel 535d owner could probably afford the 545i because they are almos tin the same price range (almost). it's not like we couldn't afford a focus 1.6 right?
I was wondering if i made the right choice but my brain tells me i made the right choice because all the facts tell me this is the more money saver thant the petrol.
Bottom line is that if i seriously have taken into consideration the 545i i would seriosly have taken into consideration the M5. I mean it's not that waaay cheaper than the m5 and it has similar fuel consumption...well the same thing...have to have a fuel reserve whereever u go.

Quick Reply: Haunted by an RS6!