E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hankook tires any good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i

Someone said P-Zero Nero could be their choice. I don't recommend them! I've got 'em on now and they are aweful! My previous tires were PS2 and they were fantastic! You really do feel the grip difference! Like wear is better on P-Zero Nero but still, if you've got $$$ use it for PS2 or SS! Michelin is the best! I totally regret buying P-Zero Nero!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Members

I replaced my OEM run flats with the Hankook V12's back in April. I love the ride now. It's much quiter and I can actually hear the beautiful sound of my 550's engine
Old 10-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

running V12's same set up . but on 19"s...great grip, love 'em
Old 10-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

As I have mentioned before, Hankook tires are "the best for the money" I never said they are the best period. If you have the money go ahead and spend 500$ per tire more power to you but somehow the math don't add for me.
Maybe I need a different calculator!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

I agree that math "don't add" for me either - but there are deals out there. I'm running Conti DW's now and like them over the Hankook Evo's I ran before them. I searched and was lucky to find a member on here selling two fronts for a good price and bought 'em, then only had to dish out retail for the rears.

But if you eat through the tires in half the time, "don't" the math add up to twice the price? In which case you end up paying about the same for two sets of Hankook's or one set of a better, longer lasting tire? that's how I do math, not sure about others.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Originally Posted by bha7176
I agree that math "don't add" for me either - but there are deals out there. I'm running Conti DW's now and like them over the Hankook Evo's I ran before them. I searched and was lucky to find a member on here selling two fronts for a good price and bought 'em, then only had to dish out retail for the rears.

But if you eat through the tires in half the time, "don't" the math add up to twice the price? In which case you end up paying about the same for two sets of Hankook's or one set of a better, longer lasting tire? that's how I do math, not sure about others.
I can only speak from my own experience and my pocket book. Honestly I don't know what you mean by eating through tires. My Hankooks last a little less than Pzero or Micheline's so you see why it makes sense to me. It also has to do how you drive if you have heavy foot then perhaps you are right I dont so in my case I am happy with them so far for 6 years that I have been using them.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by syrousd
I can only speak from my own experience and my pocket book. Honestly I don't know what you mean by eating through tires. My Hankooks last a little less than Pzero or Micheline's so you see why it makes sense to me. It also has to do how you drive if you have heavy foot then perhaps you are right I dont so in my case I am happy with them so far for 6 years that I have been using them.

That's cool.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Treadwear on Hankook V12 is 280, it?s kind of low.
Many people like General Exclaim UHP on this forum, but sadly it?s discontinued.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

I think there's a lot of debate about Hankook's rate of treadware ( not performance, noise, comfort or grip) but stickly how fast they wear out. So on this, some members said wear is acceptable to them while atrocious to others (me included). Maybe that has a lot to do with how much power you're putting out especially at the rear. To the guys with 525, 528, 530's, treadware is acceptable, but to 535, 545, 550 and the M, and how spirited their driving style is. The HK's just cant hang.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G530
I think there's a lot of debate about Hankook's rate of treadware ( not performance, noise, comfort or grip) but stickly how fast they wear out. So on this, some members said wear is acceptable to them while atrocious to others (me included). Maybe that has a lot to do with how much power you're putting out especially at the rear. To the guys with 525, 528, 530's, treadware is acceptable, but to 535, 545, 550 and the M, and how spirited their driving style is. The HK's just cant hang.
I got 40k out of the Hankooks. They did pretty well with noise as they wore down. Grip wise and ability to hold a straight line, I can't see how anyone would say they are anywhere near as good as the Contis, unless youre comparing worn out tires to brand new Hankooks. The Hankooks made my 06 530i ride more like an Avalon

Quick Reply: Hankook tires any good?