E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hankook tires any good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i
Model Year: 2011

I've got to replace the tires that are on my car soon and I'm wondering if the Hankook V12's are any good?
Right now I have the Falken 452's and find that they are noisy.
Is it worth spending more money and getting into a set of Bridgestones, Mich, or Continentals?

I also wanna change the sizes too. Right now I'm running 245/30/20's up front and 285/25/20's in the rear but I was
thinking of getting tires that have a little more sidewall, like a 245/35/20 and a 275/30/20 or 285/30/20 out back.

Give me your opinions please.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

I only run Hankook tires on all my cars....great tire for great price!!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525
Model Year: 2004

Can't speak to the Hankook tires, but I am looking at the same tires for replacements.

Regarding the change in tire size, there is a great tire size calculator on this site:

http://rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

It provides the best detail I have seen relative to any tire size and rim size adjustments.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I love my Hankook Ventus V12 Evos.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I am having a great experience with Hankooks, but in retrospect, I have regretted not spending the extra money on a set of Michelins. As for anything else, it's probably too nominal a difference for me to care. So if money is a big enough factor, I do recommend Hankooks. If it's not a huge difference, and swinging the extra dough on the Michelins is within reach, I say go with the new Michelins - whatever they are called, PSP or PS3 or smth.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2013 BMW 550i M-Sport

I'm a huge Toyo fan... But since I couldnt get a set for my BMW I tried the Hankook Ventus V1's.

I am a believer now!! Great tire with killer grip and road feel.

I recommend!!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Alpine White Options: Nav, Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Black Dakota Leather, Folding Rear Seat Mods: Dinan Free Flow Exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 Software, Dinan High Flow Intake System, Dinan High Flow Throttle Body, Carbon Fiber Front Strut Tower Brace, HID 8000k Fogs, LED Super White Side Markers Coming Soon: HID 8000k Angel Eyes and Lowbeams

I did some research on this forum and other before replacing my tires a few weeks ago. In the end I decided on michelin piolet super sports. Very satisfied with them.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Senior Members

I had issues with my Hankooks. I now only run Michelin Pilot Sports!
Old 10-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by medik13
I had issues with my Hankooks. I now only run Michelin Pilot Sports!
What "issues" did you have? -1...

I would only recommend Hankook V12 Evos.

Just ordered two for my rears as i had a shard of steel in my tire, and this will be my 2nd set of hankooks.

Love them. i'd say 5% rougher ride, but makes up for the 300% cost savings.

Michelin PS2's SUCK!!! They are 500$+/tire which is stupid to pay.

Discounttiredirect.com $200.00/tire average.

GO hankook! And discount tire has a warranty so you dont have to worry about people having "issues"
Old 10-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
What "issues" did you have? -1...

I would only recommend Hankook V12 Evos.

Just ordered two for my rears as i had a shard of steel in my tire, and this will be my 2nd set of hankooks.

Love them. i'd say 5% rougher ride, but makes up for the 300% cost savings.

Michelin PS2's SUCK!!! They are 500$+/tire which is stupid to pay.

Discounttiredirect.com $200.00/tire average.

GO hankook! And discount tire has a warranty so you dont have to worry about people having "issues"

Well for your info, I did purchase from Discount Tires. They sent me out two batch orders one defected right after another. They had balancing "issues". After several road force balances with different technicians, the first set was labled defective by a Hunter 9700 and returned to Discount Tire. The defect resulted in the tire being SEVERLEY out of round with weight requirements being more than what is recommended for balancing. As a result, vibration at certain speeds were unacceptable.The second set was better, but not perfect. I contacted Hankook and they admittingly offered to rectify the situation. End result... refunded full purchase price and I bought a set of Michelin PS2's.

With the Michelins, same rims, same techinician, same RFB machine, I got NO VIBRATION, PERFECT BALANCING, and QUIETER RIDE.

Also, They are not close to $500 a tire, contrary to your beliefs... -1

PS2's are excellent tires. Have you tried them? You say they suck, but I bet you haven't since you don't even know how much they cost. You pay for what you get for, PAL...

Quick Reply: Hankook tires any good?