E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hankook tires any good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i Sport / Premium / Manual Trans

No complaints with my Hankook Ventus V12s. Would buy another set.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 535i
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by G530
LOL. Yeah, Hankooks wouldn't be all bad if they have higher treadware.

I dont even look at Mich Pilot A/S b/c of price points. As for the Bridgestone RE760, the weight on these turned me off 29 lbs for 19's, Conti is only 24-25 lbs.

btw, got the DW's today, too early to tell.
I think I'm going to buy the Mich. Super Sport's.
They look good and have great reviews and come with a tread warranty.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by HP JNKEY
What size DW's did you get.
I like the look of that tire but I read some reviews that said it didn't last very long.
The DWS has good tread life but I don't like the tread design.
Now I'm totally confused.

245/40/19 275/35/19. I heard a bit of rubbing on dip while steering on right turn angle, prolly on the inside front. Again car lowered and with 450 lbs of total driver/passenger. Goal was plus sdiewall, boy I need it around these parts.

the Mich pilot SS out-classed DW by a hair, good weight specs but pricy.

http://www.tirerack....tireSearch=true
Old 10-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Hankook V12 evo's!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by tonymac
Hankook V12 evo's!
What size Hankooks are you running?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport Pak

I just switched from Bridgestones to PS2's RF. PS2 RF are very quiet. I had issues and took back to tire store with complaints that the car didn't seem to handle as well, it seemed loose when I made a quick maneuver. They researched it and realized they accidentally put non-RF's on the front. Once I got the RF's on the front, it was all good. There is definitely a difference in stiffness when you move the car from side to side on a non-RF vs a RF. I don't care for non-RF's handling on this car, too sloppy for me, I want more precise handling, I didn't feel like I knew where the are was going to end up when I made a quick lane change at 65mph. To be fair, I had non RF on front and RF on back, I'm sure that really messed things up.

I don't even remember how much extra money I spent over the Hankooks, its long forgotten, but the PS2's will be on the car for quite some time. I don't regret the PS's nor getting run-flats one little bit. Very happy customer so far.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had tramlining (or whatever its called) with the Hankooks

switched to Continental and good to go
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by chamilun
I had tramlining (or whatever its called) with the Hankooks

switched to Continental and good to go

what's that?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535xiT

Originally Posted by medik13
I had issues with my Hankooks. I now only run Michelin Pilot Sports!
Same here. I had vibration / balancing issues with Hankooks v12's. Had them rebalanced multiple times on a Hunter Road Force machine and did not correct the vibration issue (50 to 60 mph). Replaced the Hankook's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports and have not had any issues. Ride and Handling is also very good.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

I've been running Hankooks for quite a few years, from the K104's to the Ventus V12 Evo's currently on the car. Wear rates are a bit problematic at times, but the cost to performance ratio is one of the best out there. They are a good high-performance tire, which have gotten pretty consistent raves. There are better tires for the money, granted, but these are not cheap, weak tires.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...12_evo_page_10

Like all tires, these can develop "flat spots" if incorrectly stored/warehoused. I personally have had no issues, but that's not to say defective units don't exist out there.

Quick Reply: Hankook tires any good?