E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumper is coming along nicely !!!! Did you install your vossens yet ?
Old 07-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
ETA next week on bumper.
If you don't mind me asking because I am sure others would like to know, what is the end cost on this bumper? Painted or unpainted?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
If you don't mind me asking because I am sure others would like to know, what is the end cost on this bumper? Painted or unpainted?
$2000.00 bucks plus on minus 200.00
Old 07-07-2013, 03:52 AM
New Members

Default I'm spoiled.

Originally Posted by 04tl
Bumper is coming along nicely !!!! Did you install your vossens yet ?
THe Vossens were installed 3 days ago. Pictures don't due them justice. I might dip the interior of the rims black at one point so the shinny spoke pop out.The rear tires look massive and intimidating. The only time my daughter and I noticed a small amount of rubbing was on the freeway doing 60 mph going over an unexpected indentation on the road surface. I'll post pictures today. I also installed a roof and a lid spoiler. The trunk spoiler totally changed the look of the car. Today I'm planing to install the rear bumper and side skirts if the wife doesn't get in the way lol. Tomorrow, I hope to go to a muffler shop to get the Umnitza dual exhaust installed. At sleep time, instead of counting sheep to fall asleep I count KW's coilovers. The wife is mad because at sleep time I have the KW coilovers box next to me on my side of the bed. They look awesome. I don't know if I should framed them or installed them. I'm worried that the coilovers won't fit with the wide tires already rubbing on occasions. I might have to roll over the rear fenders. The front fenders don't have a lip to roll. On Monday I'll stop by my personal auto mechanic to pick up my daughters 2000 Red Pontiac Grand AM GT. He's installing all four ready mount struts. She broke all 4 springs. How is that possible? She's has been dealing with the clunk noise for a long time. That's how you act when you have a frugal attitude. That's how the saying run it till it drops comes from. I assumed that she wore out the shocks and the springs were doing all the work. He's charging $85.00 for each strut. If he charges me for 100.00 for each KW I'll go for it. I just don't have the time. Wednesday we're driving to Florida for family visits. Hopefully my front bumper will be waiting for me when we get back. Also, I have to attend all kinds of doctors appointments while I'm here in the states. I already got poked without a kiss. They should instead come out with an application for that procedure. The wife is already complaining. After 37 years of marriage she's still jealous of my time away with my manly secular toys. Don't tell her that we do it on purpose.

Wheels: Vossen VVSCV7 Silver Polished .
Front 9.0 +35 5x120 Vossen recommendation
Rear 10.5 +42 5x120 Vossen recommendation

Michelins Sport Plus
Front 245/35/20 WheelTec Recommendation
Rear 285/30/20 WheelTec Recommendation
Old 07-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Members

In for pics !!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: [N62]

If you're close by palatine, il, check out iND (A&L autobody). They did my coilover install and alignment for less than $400 if I remember correctly. Ask for Anthony. I can't wait to see the final transformation!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Lambda28
If you're close by palatine, il, check out iND (A&L autobody). They did my coilover install and alignment for less than $400 if I remember correctly. Ask for Anthony. I can't wait to see the final transformation!
Thanks, I'll give him a call. I live in Schaumburg.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:45 PM
New Members

Default Moby Dick

Here are the pictures as promised.

https://plus.google.com/100053305817...ts/L6zRffgVpBb

Last edited by Jrosa55; 07-08-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Lambda28
OK my car needs the rear fenders rolled. Rear 10.5 +42 5x120 Vossens are to far out. He has the tool to roll the fenders but he is adamant about doing this type of job. He doesn't feel confident about rolling rear fenders on an 5 series BMW or any other car. So either I find someone in the area with some cojones, frame them or they go up for sale 2200.00 pickup or plus shipping at the buyers request. I prefer to roll the fenders. The project is a tuff one because the fender lips are 2 pieces on sheet metal bonded together plus the plastic cowling drops inside the fender lip. You know what, I'll do it myself, honey where is my Micky Mantle bat at? Yea the one from little league. Any advise?

I dropped the car off today he's doing the bumper , skirts and the muffler installation.

Last edited by Jrosa55; 07-08-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
OK my car needs the rear fenders rolled. Rear 10.5 +42 5x120 Vossens are to far out. He has the tool to roll the fenders but he is adamant about doing this type of job. He doesn't feel confident about rolling rear fenders on an 5 series BMW or any other car. So either I find someone in the area with some cojones, frame them or they go up for sale 2200.00 pickup or plus shipping at the buyers request. I prefer to roll the fenders. The project is a tuff one because the fender lips are 2 pieces on sheet metal bonded together plus the plastic cowling drops inside the fender lip. You know what, I'll do it myself, honey where is my Micky Mantle bat at? Yea the one from little league. Any advise?

I dropped the car off today he's doing the bumper , skirts and the muffler installation.
Don't sell the wheels !! It's very easy to roll the fenders. I just did mine last week. I've done over 100 cars in the past 2 yrs and the 5series is not difficult at all.

Quick Reply: God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.