E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i Stock---for now

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Lol. That's one way to treat yourself, right?
Without a doubt! I want mine with Orion v2, blacked out, and the lit fins!

Last edited by Germese; 06-08-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:04 PM
New Members

Default Devil Eye You

Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 PM
New Members

Default Any surgeons in the house

DIY: Retrofit Projectors and Angel Eyes into your LCI Halogen Headlights - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

http://www.umnitza.com/install/E60InstallationGuide.pdf
Old 06-09-2013, 12:37 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i Stock---for now

I don't know, man... I'm a pretty handy guy, but replacing these adaptive headlights would be expensive as hell if I jacked them up!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
In the past two weeks. I've spend a stupid amount of money on modifications on a 2009 528xi CPO with the an extended maintenance plan. BMW paid my first 3 months payments .I love the car. It has my favorite colors. Alpine White with the light brown black combo interior. I could have upgraded to an M5 for that money. But on the other hand I love the 25 mpg. Presently in Afghanistan with 21 days R&R scheduled for the 29 on June. I"m thinking of inviting the local folks in the Chicago area for a barbecue as an excuse to help me install all this shit. How does the Saturday the 6th of July sound? Did I mentioned surf & turf!!

Here are the mods:

Tires mounted on wheels laying in the garage.

Vossen 20" CV7's

Vossen Wheels Video - Infiniti G37s - VVSCV7

Wheels: Vossen VVSCV7 Silver Polished .
Front 9.0 +35 5x120 Vossen recommendation
Rear 10.5 +42 5x120 Vossen recommendation

Michelins Sport Plus
Front 245/35/20 WheelTec Recommendation
Rear 285/30/20 WheelTec Recommendation

Umnitza M5 full body kit painted.

E60 (5-series) M5 or Mtech Package (Front/Rear/Sides) [e60m-MIIbmpr] - $899.99 : Umnitza|BMW Angel Eyes|LED Angel Eyes|Headlights|Lighting|Performance|Service|87748 66489

Umnitza Quad Exhaust

E60 (5-series) Quad Exhaust [UMEXHAUSTE60] - $699.95 : Umnitza|BMW Angel Eyes|LED Angel Eyes|Headlights|Lighting|Performance|Service|87748 66489

Ready for shipment to my home per my command. I want to make sure I'm home when it gets there. I don't want the wife to get a heart attack with all those huge boxes. You know what they say. Its better to ask for forgiveness. The front bumper just shipped to Cali for a 1M to M5 fusion. Hopefully it will be ready at my arrival to the US.

The famous KW V3 for the xi model. For give me I have committed a mortal sin. I'm going straight to hell for these. Great price talk to Jonathan.

KW Variant 3 Coilovers - THMotorsports - Discount Performance Car & Truck Parts Sale | Lowest Price | Free Shipping

Painted roof and trunk lid spoiler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280372126226...84.m1439.l2649

Painted BMW 04 10 E60 5 Series arq Rear Wing Trunk Spoiler 520i 523i M5 | eBay

Carbon fiber black badge emblems hood and trunk.

2 x BMW Real Carbon Fibre Hood Trunk Bonnet Boot Badge Emblem E30 E36 E34 E60 X5 | eBay

Front carbon fiber 1m spoiler.

11 12 BMW E82 1M RZ Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spoiler | eBay

Trunk Bling.

USA 2004 2005 2006 07 08 BMW E60 5 Series Chrome Trunk Lid Free SHIP | eBay

set complete high-gloss black Kidney Grille

Product number: N60KH
schmiedmann.com

Barbecue accessories.

Nexgrill Charmglow Perfectflame Perfectglo 92341 18ga Stainless Steel 4 Pack | eBay

Your must-have grilling grate for any and every grill | GrillGrate

Planet Barbecue!: Steven Raichlen: 9780761148012: Amazon.com: Books

Someone please help me I'm out control. Where is the closest BMW Mod Bug Detox center in the Chicago or any area? I'm an old fart. You only live once. Prior Twin Turbo Supra owner.
OMG! I just actually looked at your bumper link and noticed that Mr Umnitza is using the last three pictures of my car. I wonder who authorized this and if I am now supposed to get a discount for them to use my car? One thing, I didn't notice but will have to go back and look to see if this refers to their paint option. I painted this, not Umnitza thats why mine will always look better. I've seen first hand the quality of painted bumper they sent a friend of mine Dave. It looked and felt like 40 grit sand paper. the orange peel was like, well I can't even begin to explain it. After complaining, he was told to sand and buff it. Pretty crappy customer service, I'd say. Parts are not that bad compared to cost, though. But just don't have real high expectations for the paint quality you will recieve. The painter must have been on crack that day and I've heard they have hired a new one and have a nice booth now. Another friend has just ordered and I'll watch it close to see if there is any improvement. Keep in mind, their quality of paint will never look as good as mine, because i did mine the correct way, no short cuts...

That two piece molding of the bumper looks very interesting. The bad part is if this is what you have ordered you will eventually see a lot of cracking were it was joined. The material the bumpers are made from doesn't really allow for such things
like this unless they are using full fiberglass bumpers then they could make it work. It would work with the original material as a show car sitting still some where. But once you started driving to CVS you wouldn't be looking so good anymore. Someone might walk up to your car and say hey, nice car. Damn, WTF is up with your front bumper...?!

Don't forget to post up pics when you get it all together.

Last edited by tonyb635; 06-09-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:04 AM
New Members

Send the pictures that you are talking about. Hopefully the bumper will work if not I'll be placing it for sale here. I would purchase the original to complete the build. The shop has done this before with no negative feedback from the M5 forum. The picture of the M5 with the radical bumper and paint job attached was done by his shop. Pic's will be posted of all the build. I can't wait to get back home in 20 days to start on this thing. I have to finagle my time between the build and sharing time with the wife. She saids that everytime I get home on R&R I have some type of project. Hopefully the wife will be onboard with the build. Maybe if I pay her by the hour she will help me. I know I can always count on my dog Rusty. He knows all my tools by name a size. He'll fetched me a phillip screw driver without blinking. His first present as a puppy was a plastic tool set. He is so intelligent. I paid $5000.00 to have him trained. Let me tell you something. I command him to fetch me a beer. This dog just simply loves this command. He wiggles his tail on the way to the kitchen then he opens the fridge grabs a beer from the lower shelf. He brings and opens the beer for me. He graciously drinks it until it's finished. He wiggles his tail one more time on way to the kitchen to dispose of the beer. He opens the garbage bin by stepping on the lever at the bottom. He drops it in. The he wiggles his tail again on the way back to give me thanks with a kiss. For another $5000.00 the trainer will make Rusty actually hand me the beer. lol
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-353bdyd.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-imag0768.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-20120529_002418.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 06-09-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:27 AM
New Members

Default Back again to devil eyes.

In an effort to save time and aggravation in becoming a part time surgeon or hiring one. I have to ask on one more time. What type of bulb or contraption does the 2009 528xi LCI Halogen use to light up the stock AE. Can I use this bulb to enhance my AE's instead of going under the knife?

2008 528xi LCI-Halogen - AE and HID upgrade - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

DTEC E60 LCI HALOGEN ANGEL EYE: BMW Led CRee Hid Halo LED Angel Eyes E92 E93 E90 E91 M3 LCI Lighting Beru TPMS RDE008 Dtec Mtec V3 V4 H8 H11 Gp Thunder D1S D2S D3S D4S
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-20120727_060636.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 06-09-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

It would be hard to say how they are connecting these bumper pieces together, perhaps they have figured out a way. When I looked at the photos of the work, it just shows them using some filler etc to cover up the joined area. It cannot be glues, glassed, riveted, screwed with out major cracking afterwards or even falling off. The only way that you could connect two pieces of polypropylene is ultrasonic welding, friction welding, heat staking etc. Even paint struggles to stay on this stuff. There are some glues out there that don't do too bad, but again, if its sitting still and not be driven it might work. Just wouldn't want to see you embarrassed when cruising CVS...
Old 06-09-2013, 10:44 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
It would be hard to say how they are connecting these bumper pieces together, perhaps they have figured out a way. When I looked at the photos of the work, it just shows them using some filler etc to cover up the joined area. It cannot be glues, glassed, riveted, screwed with out major cracking afterwards or even falling off. The only way that you could connect two pieces of polypropylene is ultrasonic welding, friction welding, heat staking etc. Even paint struggles to stay on this stuff. There are some glues out there that don't do too bad, but again, if its sitting still and not be driven it might work. Just wouldn't want to see you embarrassed when cruising CVS...
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...t-project.html

RedRum5's Facelift Project - Complete!!! - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
Old 06-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

the pic of the white e60 M5 you attached is actually just a rendering of JME's car. You're right though in terms of the folks who have done this mod. It's been done plenty of times for DD's in the e60 scene and I think at least another half dozen e60 w/o any complaints. Can't speak for the work done elsewhere, but Ranz Motorsports in LA did mine and a couple others. That indy red M5 that was done up on the east coast had issues post install and actually contacted Ranz for assistance IIRC.

Sounds like you got a great list going. Whatever you do, just make sure you go through Boss Cat Design's when you hit up your headlights. Simon will not disappoint.

Last edited by devildawg712; 06-09-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.