E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Your headlight is a Halogen based so not to rain on your parade but none of the simple bulb replacement that uses H8 bulb for a Xenon based headlight will work with your headlight.

LCI Halogen headlight the kind BMW fitted on a standard 528 uses special AE bulb ... unfortunately no matter how you slice/dice it the AE will not be as bright as the Xenon headlight ... your likely option is to use Orion.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Orions! My vote is obviously very obvious, lol.

Check out my FB page I just launched today!

Everyone, go like it!

www.facebook.com/BossCatDesigns
Old 06-05-2013, 02:09 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i Stock---for now

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
What FOB are you in?
I'm on KAF
Old 06-05-2013, 02:39 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Your headlight is a Halogen based so not to rain on your parade but none of the simple bulb replacement that uses H8 bulb for a Xenon based headlight will work with your headlight.

LCI Halogen headlight the kind BMW fitted on a standard 528 uses special AE bulb ... unfortunately no matter how you slice/dice it the AE will not be as bright as the Xenon headlight ... your likely option is to use Orion.
I was wondering when you were going to interject with your two cents. It's obvious that I'm a newbie and proud of it. As you are aware we depend on Gurus like to to rain on our parade. That's the reason why we come to the holy grail of the 5 series enthusiast. I'm actually looking for alternate options to backing my headlight.lol For my wife's next birthday instead of a cake I'll bake my headlights no candelabra required. Can I just get a bulb to enhance my AE's Do most of the Orion V4 addicts do it themselves or do they ship them for installation? I wonder what the cost is for installation and return time? On the V4 installation video I didn't understand why they punch thru the AE's with a soldering iron. Then if you want them blacked out you have to paint. What type of paint? I'm pretty handy with doing my own stuff but this mod looks a little intimidating. Now if someone would like to explain how I can accomplish this mod with maybe a different technique. Microwave maybe? lol Help! I also don't want to blind people. I want something subtle.
On the video below the V4's are to bright for my taste. I think they come with a remote dimmer?

AAAHHH is called a Night Controller. I'm getting the hang of this. Just trying to avoid 700.00 in light mods.

Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-20120914_200625.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-20121024_175449.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 06-05-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Germese
I'm on KAF
Haven't been their in a while. I work for DRS. Do you have a picture of your car?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:51 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Orions! My vote is obviously very obvious, lol.

Check out my FB page I just launched today!

Everyone, go like it!

www.facebook.com/BossCatDesigns
Your FB page is of the charts I almost had a climax. We need to talk. Please take the time to enlighten us.

Questions:

How much and what's the turn around time?

Talk to me dog.

Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-20130210_083028.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 06-05-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:00 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i Stock---for now

Haven't been their in a while. I work for DRS. Do you have a picture of your car?
DRS Does SATCOM now? I did not know that. I've got a DRS guy down here, but he's my MMS CFSR for the OH-58D.

My car is bone stock. I just bought it last month while I was over here. I haven't driven it yet. My wife hates it, so I'm certain I'll love it!

Name:  634925572321564754_zpsfb849693.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  127.7 KB

I've go HID fog lights and AE along with a Cobb Accessport Tuner waiting on me when I get home.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 AM
New Members

DRS Does SATCOM now? I did not know that. I've got a DRS guy down here, but he's my MMS CFSR for the OH-58D.

My car is bone stock. I just bought it last month while I was over here. I haven't driven it yet. My wife hates it, so I'm certain I'll love it!

I've go HID fog lights and AE along with a Cobb Accessport Tuner waiting on me when I get home.
SWEET looking ride, I'm not going to ask about the Cobb Accessport tuner thingy. I'm going to BMW's Modoholics Anonymous meetings.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Your FB page is of the charts I almost had a climax. We need to talk. Please take the time to enlighten us.

Questions:

How much and what's the turn around time?

Talk to me dog.

Federer and Haro Talking - YouTube
Haha, feel free to PM me on here or my Facebook page.

The quote will vary depending on how extensive you want to customize the headlights. My turn around is typically one business day. If you want to do the illuminated fins, that will take longer. It would be at least three days from start to finish.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:39 PM
New Members

What does your wife hate about the car? Is it the monthly payment or the attention from the other sex you're going to get driver around in that gorgeous car. lol

Quick Reply: God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.