E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i Stock---for now

Thanks! I'm really not sure what she doesn't like about the car. My Father-In-Law drove it when he was helping us move into a new house and absolutely loved it! He thinks it's because it's a man's car. My wife was always partial to 4 Cyl Honda Accords. Now she's got a Honda Odyssey to cart our little clones around in. If I had known she was going to hate it that much, I would have searched for a manual instead of an automatic! Oh well... I'm fighting off the mod bug again today. I keep looking at LED Angel Eyes so they look right against the Xenon headlights.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Germese
Thanks! I'm really not sure what she doesn't like about the car. My Father-In-Law drove it when he was helping us move into a new house and absolutely loved it! He thinks it's because it's a man's car. My wife was always partial to 4 Cyl Honda Accords. Now she's got a Honda Odyssey to cart our little clones around in. If I had known she was going to hate it that much, I would have searched for a manual instead of an automatic! Oh well... I'm fighting off the mod bug again today. I keep looking at LED Angel Eyes so they look right against the Xenon headlights.
What model, year is your car and what options does it have? I'm still doing research on AE's myself. My bumper should arrive today in Cali. I can't wait until that mod is completed. I'm going to ask the shop to take pictures of the modification. I also cant't wait to get home and start installation. I'm also want to touch, feel and place the KW V3 coilovers under my pillow. I know I'm sick. But for the money I paid for those suckers one night under the covers is justifiable. On another night I'll give the 700.00 CF spoiler a place in the bed next to the dog. lol The wife is already jealous of the man's car. Sorry for stealing the man's car frase, it just sounds manly. She states that she's always competing with my secular toys. I told her that I grew with toys and that was the best time in my life. Girls on the side was just the icing on the cake. lol She understands that she also is competing with my dog, sushi, fine wine and barbecues. Ah I forgot, my Harley Davidson. That's a subject for another day.
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-353bdyd.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-kw-v3.jpg   God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-spoiler.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 06-06-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
What model, year is your car and what options does it have? I'm still doing research on AE's myself. My bumper should arrive today in Cali. I can't wait until that mod is completed. I'm going to ask the shop to take pictures of the modification. I also cant't wait to get home and start installation. I'm also want to touch, feel and place the KW V3 coilovers under my pillow. I know I'm sick. But for the money I paid for those suckers one night under the covers is justifiable. On another night I'll give the 700.00 CF spoiler a place in the bed next to the dog. lol The wife is already jealous of the man's car. Sorry for stealing the man's car frase, it just sounds manly. She states that she's always competing with my secular toys. I told her that I grew with toys and that was the best time in my life. Girls on the side was just the icing on the cake. lol She understands that she also is competing with my dog, sushi, fine wine and barbecues. Ah I forgot, my Harley Davidson. That's a subject for another day.
My car is an '08 535i Black Sapphire. It's go the normal premium package and cold weather package with professional Navi and Sirius. What I do love, is the interior...It's got the two tone natural brown leather with black trim. I was looking at those coilovers too. I had coilovers on my Mustang and loved the way that thing handled! My wife and I just got married last summer before this nice little vacation I'm on. She has no ideas about the toys I like to collect yet! If/when I retire up in Huntsville, I've already told her I'm building a garage/workshop in the backyard of whatever house we buy. What kind of Harley do you have? I've got a 1999 Ironhorse Classic. I love that thing!

Name:  IMG-20110216-00411_zps679cb622.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  56.1 KB
Old 06-07-2013, 03:26 AM
Members

Thanks, Chief, she's been married for 37 years. It it's up to her I be riding a tricycle. She doesn't have a clue that I spend all this money. I always ask for forgiveness. She drives an X3 and doesn't work. End of story. lol She is always rolling her eyes. One of these days her eyes are going to roll out of their sockets. Where in the sandlot are you in?
I am in FOB Walton with the 1/1AD. The Marine is right though, don't spend all your money on the car. I try to pace myself so I can maintain interest in it wherever I do get something nice and shiny! . Be safe where ever you are and I'll see you home.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:33 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
I am in FOB Walton with the 1/1AD. The Marine is right though, don't spend all your money on the car. I try to pace myself so I can maintain interest in it wherever I do get something nice and shiny! . Be safe where ever you are and I'll see you home.
I won't promise you anything. lol
Old 06-07-2013, 04:34 AM
New Members

My car is an '08 535i Black Sapphire. It's go the normal premium package and cold weather package with professional Navi and Sirius. What I do love, is the interior...It's got the two tone natural brown leather with black trim. I was looking at those coilovers too. I had coilovers on my Mustang and loved the way that thing handled! My wife and I just got married last summer before this nice little vacation I'm on. She has no ideas about the toys I like to collect yet! If/when I retire up in Huntsville, I've already told her I'm building a garage/workshop in the backyard of whatever house we buy. What kind of Harley do you have? I've got a 1999 Ironhorse Classic. I love that thing!

Wow! That's bad ass. SWEEEEEET
Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 AM
New Members

I got the same interior as yours.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:57 PM
New Members

I truly like the Angel Eyes mean look. It should officially be added to the dictionary as devil eyes because their is nothing angelical about it. The look tell us that you mean business. It you falter I will take your lunch money, your kids, your wife, your guitar and your horse.

This is the option I would go with. I love the look of Boss Cat Designs but the cost to accomplish this mod is to cost prohibitive for me personally. I may go back to this mod when I find out how to cut my head lights open. I thought I could bake them but not for the halogen lights. You actually have to change hats from a baker to a surgeon. When I learn on how to DIY this project I'll get the Orion V4 and blackout the head light. Taken a closer look at my devil eyes I can see that the stock look is mean enough for now. I'm going to concentrate my efforts on a CF trunk lid. I like the look of the CSL design.

Parts:

Orion v4: $
White Eyebrows: $
Clear Lenses: $ a pair
Illuminated Fins LEDs: $

Labor:

Orion install: $
White Eyebrows: $
Clear Lenses Swap: $, plus $to reuse OEM lenses on the high beam
Illuminated Fin install: $ without Orion install, $ with Orion install
Interior Pieces Painting (black out): $, if special color/paint is required, it will be more
Projector color mod (demon eyes): $

https://www.facebook.com/BossCatDesigns
Attached Thumbnails God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.-c.jpg  

Last edited by Jrosa55; 06-07-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:08 AM
New Members

I truly like the Angel Eyes mean look. It should officially be added to the dictionary as devil eyes because their is nothing angelical about it. The look tell us that you mean business. It you falter I will take your lunch money, your kids, your wife, your guitar and your horse.

https://www.facebook.com/BossCatDesigns
I agree! I love the things they are doing with the lights. I would personally get the color changing Orion V4 with the lighted tubes on the sides of the headlights. That would be very nice! Unfortunately, I don't think I can spend that much right now. Maybe after the Vegas trip in November, I'll have won enough money to buy some for a Christmas present!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Lol. That's one way to treat yourself, right?

Quick Reply: God please help me. I'm spiraling out of control. I got the mod bug.