E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Fuel Pump / Overfill Gas tank accident

Old 06-29-2017, 04:53 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535I
Default Fuel Pump / Overfill Gas tank accident

a little help or suggestions. I accidentally overfilled my gas tank. Clicked off prematurely and thought it was not full. I WAS WRONG. Now have gas smell coming from right rear..

No fuel pump codes and was running MHD 25% E85 map.. No fuel pump upgrade.

DCI
CPE charge pipe
Wagner FMIC
Inlets

Am i screwed of what?? Charcoal Canister? evap mess.?? No smell in the car just outside the car. Been about a week now, and ran the tank to under 1/8 and refilled with standard 91OCT. re-flashed to stage 1+

Old 06-30-2017, 07:30 AM
New Members

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, premium package, 6sp manual, cold package, navigation package.
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Johnnyfive
a little help or suggestions. I accidentally overfilled my gas tank. Clicked off prematurely and thought it was not full. I WAS WRONG. Now have gas smell coming from right rear..

No fuel pump codes and was running MHD 25% E85 map.. No fuel pump upgrade.

DCI
CPE charge pipe
Wagner FMIC
Inlets

Am i screwed of what?? Charcoal Canister? evap mess.?? No smell in the car just outside the car. Been about a week now, and ran the tank to under 1/8 and refilled with standard 91OCT. re-flashed to stage 1+

[COLOR="Blue"]Is the car running OK? Just wait it out - the charcoal canister is probably saturated with gasoline and will take time to evaporate through the air induction system. The charcoal is designed to absorb vapours, not "sponge" liquid./COLOR]
Old 07-01-2017, 06:08 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535I

Originally Posted by FormerE30Owner
Is the car running OK? Just wait it out - the charcoal canister is probably saturated with gasoline and will take time to evaporate through the air induction system. The charcoal is designed to absorb vapours, not "sponge" liquid./COLOR]

thanks for the reply. The only change that I really noticed is the cars idle is a little rough. I reset the Lambada and octane rating flashback is stage 1 it's been running smooth for the most part. When I adjusted the idle and mhd settings to 750 it did take the idle away a little. I am getting 2fca 2fda shadow codes. They say high pressure and then german.. all the research that I've done on these two codes have nothing to do with the fuel pump though really weird and low pressure fuel sensor is running in the 70% range which is normal I think
man..
Old 07-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

your fuel pump won't be affected. You overfilled and it flooded the charcoal canister. Will take a long time to dry up. May cause other emissions/evap errors, not sure. I'd just wait it out.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:39 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 2010 535i /FBO
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by LessIsMore
your fuel pump won't be affected. You overfilled and it flooded the charcoal canister. Will take a long time to dry up. May cause other emissions/evap errors, not sure. I'd just wait it out.
Thank you for the reply.. Smell is slowly going away.. Will wait it out .

Been getting High Pressure shadow codes but inactive. Going to clear through impa. Fuel pressure running 70's -80's and think that is normal. No signs of fuel pump failure thus far!

Search this Thread