E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

would someone be so kind as to.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 06:58 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 m54b25
Default would someone be so kind as to.......

lift their pre-LCI SAT shifter boot/trim/gear indicator plate, and take a close-up of the following:

1.) the purple plug on the gear indicator plate, specifically the wires so i can see the colors and what order they go in.

2.) the harness coming out of the shifter assy that is related to the DS/manual shift mode. i need to figure out which color wires go where. they switch colors at the plug if i remember right, so a close up of both sides of that one would be amazing.

long story short, i have a bunch of vandalized cut wires with no connectors and yellow trans gear on my OBC, (it turns red if i turn the key on without pushing the brake pedal first. if i push the brake pedal first with car off, THEN turn key on while holding brake pedal, it stays out of limp mode, but i really just want my D/S to work again) i pretty much have to run new wires to where ever the fuck they go. i had my center console out (for some reason) before getting shot in the head (true story) and somebody decided to take all of their built-up anger from their failed murder attempt out on my wires while i was posted up in the hospital for 6 weeks. any way long story short i cant remember shit about the order of these wires, and which ones are the "bare minimum" for the manual shift/sport/DS/whatever to work properly. any help would be great thanks
Attached Thumbnails would someone be so kind as to.......-untitled.png  
Old 06-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

on the way...

in a couple hours...
Old 06-16-2017, 10:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Missed my opportunity to get the pics for you.

You still need these photos?
Old 06-18-2017, 09:24 PM
New Members

yes please!! i would be VERY GREATFUL
Old 06-19-2017, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by route60six
yes please!! i would be VERY GREATFUL
I just went to look and realized I can't get the pic you need.

My shifter does not have what you described.

Post a photo of your shifter so I can what you have. I will see if I can get you a wire diagram
Old 06-20-2017, 03:37 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 2006 sedan auto

Did you find the pictures that you need?

Do you need a picture of the shifter wiring only or the loom in the car that connects to the shifting wires?
Old 06-22-2017, 02:24 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by E60Japanese
Did you find the pictures that you need?

Do you need a picture of the shifter wiring only or the loom in the car that connects to the shifting wires?
sorry been out of town and haven't had a chance to get back online. i believe i need a picture of BOTH, but specifically​ the ones with the purple plug that come out of the shifter assembly and run up under the center console towards the stereo and heater controls etc. if i remember right, theres 4 wires coming out of the shifter that relate to the spot/manual shift mode. one is to activate DS mode, one is for + shift, one is for - shift, and the other is a ground or something.

i think there was : a brown wire, a green wire, a blue/yellow wire, and a blue/white wire
but i wanns say they plugged in to a purple plug and the colors were different on the other side of the plug that goes towards the dash.

Last edited by route60six; 06-22-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:42 PM
New Members

Okay
When I get home tonight I will try and take the pictures for you
I have a complete shift assembly out of my car so I can take some pictures of that and then mine fitted into my car
I'll take them asap
I hope it will help
Old 06-22-2017, 03:56 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by E60Japanese
Okay
When I get home tonight I will try and take the pictures for you
I have a complete shift assembly out of my car so I can take some pictures of that and then mine fitted into my car
I'll take them asap
I hope it will help
sweet thanks! car still drives but has no manual shift/ds mode, and i have the yellow gear in my obc which is rather annoying. plus it went into limp mode on my way back from las Vegas over the weekend. had the cruise set @ 120 in 6th gear as it started to climb a hill i hit the gas so it would downshift and it slammed back into gear, the yellow gear turned red as it decelerated and went into limp mode. pulled over and shut it off and restarted it and it was back to normal...
Old 06-26-2017, 02:20 AM
New Members

Here are some pictures of the two plugs from my spare shifter
Are they the same as yours?
Attached Thumbnails would someone be so kind as to.......-photo387.jpg   would someone be so kind as to.......-photo395.jpg   would someone be so kind as to.......-photo817.jpg   would someone be so kind as to.......-photo935.jpg   would someone be so kind as to.......-photo727.jpg