E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Frustrated with new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='888168' date='May 24 2009, 03:44 AM
It's 72,56mm to be precise .

edit: And usually the most needed hub ring is 72,56mm / 74,1mm (which is the e39's hub bore size). My guess is that your Miro's hub is this e39 size.
This is probably the right ring size.
Get metal rather than plastic rings. If you have to start with rings, you are usually in trouble. Sometimes the hole cut is not perfectly centered, and the rings will never help.

Finally, if you don't use a hunter road force balancing machine, expect vibration (that goes for all of us for balance issues).
The dealers all use the 9400 model or better with road force.
There are some older Hunter machines out there, so don't be confused.

It is not good to say anything here, but for everyone else who have not bought the replicas, don't!!!!!!
They suck. Ask yourself if you really need to save the money, or whether you are just trying to save money.

Think about the feeling of driving your nice $50-70k car, and having it shake inside (even if just a little) as you are trying to relax.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i/6spd

I've had this problem before - on past 540i's a few times. After replacing control arm bushings and other things it still was never fixed. The fix was always the same exact problem, you need to have the wheels road force balanced (the dealer does this). In my area discount tire does it - its expensive. But that always solved any vibration, it needs to be balanced perfectly and this is the way to do it. Get a road force balance and report back.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i 6MT, Sport Pkg, Prem Pkg, sprint booster, ram air, BMC filter.

I am taking it to CA chrome wheel which is my neck of the woods. Here are my next steps to deal with this...

- make sure I have the right hub ring. i'm going to see the fit on the hub and then the whee's bore.
- if the hub ring is wrong, then i'll order them from justforwheels.com and have it shipped this week.
- i'm going to take it to CA chrome wheel which does road force balancing.
- get an alignment at west end.

If all these things fail, then I mount my OEM back on and burn them rep wheels.

One step at a time....
Old 05-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)

Originally Posted by forced528' post='888452' date='May 24 2009, 11:52 AM
I am taking it to CA chrome wheel which is my neck of the woods. Here are my next steps to deal with this...

- make sure I have the right hub ring. i'm going to see the fit on the hub and then the whee's bore.
- if the hub ring is wrong, then i'll order them from justforwheels.com and have it shipped this week.
- i'm going to take it to CA chrome wheel which does road force balancing.
- get an alignment at west end.

If all these things fail, then I mount my OEM back on and burn them rep wheels.

One step at a time....
I'm taking similar steps...

-Waiting for reply from Nerweezy re: whether or not my VMRs need a hub ring. If so, I'm going to them for the install.
-If, after the hub ring is addressed, I still have the same problem, I'm going to have the wheels and tires road forced balanced. (Hopefully Trinity does this so I can kill two birds with one stone.)
-If, after these two things, I still have the problem, then I'll move to have an alignment done.

Now, if all these thing fails, I'm picking up OEM 166 with M6 offset by the end of the week. I'll have them powdercoated and leave it at that.

Rather than spend money on aftermarket wheels, I'll put the money towards upgraded rotors and those pads that don't make dust; RPI scoop and filter; HID fogs, aftermarket hood, etc.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i 6MT, Sport Pkg, Prem Pkg, sprint booster, ram air, BMC filter.

Originally Posted by El Immigrante' post='888473' date='May 24 2009, 03:18 PM
I'm taking similar steps...

-Waiting for reply from Nerweezy re: whether or not my VMRs need a hub ring. If so, I'm going to them for the install.
-If, after the hub ring is addressed, I still have the same problem, I'm going to have the wheels and tires road forced balanced. (Hopefully Trinity does this so I can kill two birds with one stone.)
-If, after these two things, I still have the problem, then I'll move to have an alignment done.

Now, if all these thing fails, I'm picking up OEM 166 with M6 offset by the end of the week. I'll have them powdercoated and leave it at that.

Rather than spend money on aftermarket wheels, I'll put the money towards upgraded rotors and those pads that don't make dust; RPI scoop and filter; HID fogs, aftermarket hood, etc.
Good luck man! I'm just :30 minutes away from you. Let me know if you need help.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

the Miros should have the 72.56..Our vendors need to sell the correct hub sizes for our cars, there have been a lot of these issues. I have no clue why Vendors are selling hub sizes of 74.1? makes no sense?

But your stockers back on and see if the vibes go away
Old 05-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy' post='888518' date='May 24 2009, 01:22 PM
the Miros should have the 72.56..Our vendors need to sell the correct hub sizes for our cars, there have been a lot of these issues. I have no clue why Vendors are selling hub sizes of 74.1? makes no sense?
the vendor he bought from is not a regular vendor on this forum, the ones here do it right
Old 05-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='888528' date='May 24 2009, 01:28 PM
the vendor he bought from is not a regular vendor on this forum, the ones here do it right
yes and no
Old 05-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

dont blame miro or any other manufactuer due to a seller who has given us the wrong application.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Contributors

Location: SoCal- SFV (Land of pimps, drug dealers, money, hot cars and hot wimmenz...this ain't no movie bitch, mess with us and we'll cut ya!)

Ok, thanks to Nerweezy, I can cross one off my list- VMRs don't require a hub ring...onto road force balancing for a second time (just to be sure).

Quick Reply: Frustrated with new wheels