E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated with Nav, how do I....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I look find a POI (restaurant, store, etc) by name? Let's say I'm trying to find directions to a restaurant. I chose New destination/Location/New destination, etc and navigate to restaurants. The problem is, I live in a big city - San Diego. The list of restaurants presented is sorted by distance from the city center, and cuts off after a mile or so radius. So it doesn't list places away from the city center. My XK8 allows me to look up by Name. Much more useful.

I had the same problem when when driving in Europe on European Delivery - it didn't list all hotels in larger cities for the same reason - presented the list ordered by distance from the city center, and it cuts off after maybe 40 names. It's also very hard to spot a name when they are jumbled up like this.

Anyone know if a nav software update is coming?

I have a 545 april build.

Chris
Old 08-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I think that's just the way it is. It is kind of annoying indeed. I had the same issue occur several times. It's especially tough if they're multiple say Home Depot's in the area, and your not familiar with the area, but need to end up at a specific place.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:02 PM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can go to the map input for a new destination and put the pointer in the area that you want information. Make that your new destination. Then query NAV for information. NAV will ask if you want information on your current position or the destination. I have done that successfully a few times. Not really smooth, but it works. You can then take the information data and NAV will direct you there.