E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

First Good MP3 Experience: Could Use Insights on

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Thanks to Alec and swaja--some of the Mac guys. Quess what. I didn't wait until morning. And, what Alec said worked perfectly. So, Mac guys remember--iTunes, sort playlist by artist, and burn. And, there may, or may not, be something extra good about ripping AIFF on iTunes first, coverting to MP3 using iTunes, and then following the above procedure.

I am going to try iTunes for Windows tomorrow on my Dell Laptop. I'll let the Windows guys know what happens since iTunes, along with QuickTime, is available free for Windows users. I haven't been able to get proper-looking folders with MusicMatch on my Dell. And, as mentioned, my results to date have not been as good as swaja's may have been using Roxio on my Dell.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Znod' post='288611' date='May 27 2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks to Alec and swaja--some of the Mac guys. Quess what. I didn't wait until morning. And, what Alec said worked perfectly. So, Mac guys remember--iTunes, sort playlist by artist, and burn. And, there may, or may not, be something extra good about ripping AIFF on iTunes first, coverting to MP3 using iTunes, and then following the above procedure.

I am going to try iTunes for Windows tomorrow on my Dell Laptop. I'll let the Windows guys know what happens since iTunes, along with QuickTime, is available free for Windows users. I haven't been able to get proper-looking folders with MusicMatch on my Dell. And, as mentioned, my results to date have not been as good as swaja's may have been using Roxio on my Dell.
Yep, same thing here, I had to try it as well. Made a smart playlist in iTunes to pick up all of my Oasis albums, unchecked the one album that is in AAC format (the rest were in MP3) and burned to an MP3 disc. Played it in the car and I get the root directory, the albums are browsable as separate folders and there is full track information available (i.e. seems like the only limitation is available real estate on the screen). Excellent!!

Thanks to everyone for the input.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Znod' post='288611' date='May 27 2006, 10:38 PM

Yes, the procedure works with Windows/iTunes--on my car.