E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

finally got my mp3's to work properly

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 04:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

I was having a problem with my mp3's - they would stop being able to be read halfway through a track

So I played with various functions and now have mp3 cd's that work and I will share my secret recipe

1. Rip from cd using windows media player at 192bit rate - takes more space, but everytine I used 128 I got an error

2. Burn DATA cd with Nero - NOT the burn mp3 function that Nero has

3. Used a Folder for each Album

4. Removed the song number berfore I burned the songs - I know the songs end up out of order, but at least they play

I am not sure if removing the song number is necessary, but every time I left it the disc malfunctioned and also now the songs just show up 001 and song name - not 001 (from the player) then 01 and song name.

If anyone has a way to get it to wrok at 128 please let me know.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Very cool glad you got it to work.

Now someone figure out how I can get more than 20-ish songs on a CD to play on my Bus Radio and I'll be happy.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='209529' date='Dec 10 2005, 03:44 PM
I was having a problem with my mp3's - they would stop being able to be read halfway through a track

So I played with various functions and now have mp3 cd's that work and I will share my secret recipe

1. Rip from cd using windows media player at 192bit rate - takes more space, but everytine I used 128 I got an error

4. Removed the song number berfore I burned the songs - I know the songs end up out of order, but at least they play

I am not sure if removing the song number is necessary, but every time I left it the disc malfunctioned and also now the songs just show up 001 and song name - not 001 (from the player) then 01 and song name.

All my 200+ Mp3's are Nero-data @ 128 K no problem at all.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I have not read this missive but it was put together by a m5board member. May be of some value to you and others or not. Until I get MP3 in my 6er I am not doing any experimentation as what I do now with Roxio works fine for the systems I have now.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
BMW_MP3_drive.doc (738.0 KB, 368 views)
Old 12-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='209595

All my 200+ Mp3's are Nero-data @ 128 K no problem at all.
[/quote]

did you use folders/subfolders?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='209529' date='Dec 10 2005, 08:44 AM

How does it deal with the folders - does it just play them in alphabetical order?

It's probably the spaces or the "-" that is causing the problem for the display. I will experiment later with this and let you know what works.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Contributors

when it works it plays the first folder and all of the songs in it in the order yyou recorded
then goes to the next folder

but I burned another mp3 witht he same thing and the car says medium cannot be read
Old 12-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Members

I don't know any more....

Today I got my car from the deler, where they put the last cip. Now all mistakes are gone, but mp3 still doesnt work??

I have profesional navigation and it says profesional bussines radio. I also have bluetooth, voice,... so on this specifications must be working...
Old 01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Members

[font=Arial]
hello, got a 530d SE, living in the UK, with Business Nav and Pro Radio, so my car should play mp3s. However, burnt CDs following guidelines giving in the forums, for example, ripped CDs to Hard Drive as mp3s using Windows Media Player, then using Nero 5 to burn a data CD at 192 rate. It asked me whether I wanted to finalise the disc, and I said yes, I wonder whether this caused the problem.
The CD slot doesn't recognise the presence of the CD. Does anyone have any ideas?
Perhaps software version is an issue? How can one find this out?

ps its a XX54 reg car
Old 01-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Contributors

As far as we have been able to determine pre Sept 05 assembly cars with NAV can not paly mp3's
However - this only applies to US cars with NAV (which is PRO only) - so I have no idea about business NAV cars

I am sending out 2 mp3 discs tomorrow to toher memebers to see if they work or not - If you want included let me know and I can mail one to you - just need address - I saw where you are located, but it can not be that expensive to send a disc

Let me know

Quick Reply: finally got my mp3's to work properly