E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

finally got my mp3's to work properly

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take one

adress removed
Old 01-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Members

thanks for the offer, but no need to go to any trouble; i ve got a friend with an mp3 player in his car, albeit isn't a BMW, so i'll borrow some discs off him,
thanks very much tho
Old 01-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Scott- I'm on my way to the post office - should have in a couple days - let me know if it works - btw - it has been forever since i actually had to "mail" something
Old 01-03-2006, 04:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ajoy' post='218368' date='Jan 2 2006, 03:15 PM
[font=Arial]
hello, got a 530d SE, living in the UK, with Business Nav and Pro Radio, so my car should play mp3s. However, burnt CDs following guidelines giving in the forums, for example, ripped CDs to Hard Drive as mp3s using Windows Media Player, then using Nero 5 to burn a data CD at 192 rate. It asked me whether I wanted to finalise the disc, and I said yes, I wonder whether this caused the problem.
The CD slot doesn't recognise the presence of the CD. Does anyone have any ideas?
Perhaps software version is an issue? How can one find this out?

ps its a XX54 reg car
You need sw v19.x or newer, I think with a 54 reg car you will have an earlier sw version.

I have a Sept 03 530d SE with Bus Nav and had v19.01 installed in November and MP3 works just fine. I use Nero to burn folders for each album onto the disc using either Data or MP3 setting in Nero both work OK. Being lazy I just convert files from my i- tunes libray from .m4a to .mp3 using Nero "encode audio files" option.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='218619' date='Jan 3 2006, 06:02 AM
Scott- I'm on my way to the post office - should have in a couple days - let me know if it works - btw - it has been forever since i actually had to "mail" something

Sounds good, I will go ahead and edit out my address then.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by speuk' post='218623
[font=Arial]
hello, got a 530d SE, living in the UK, with Business Nav and Pro Radio, so my car should play mp3s. However, burnt CDs following guidelines giving in the forums, for example, ripped CDs to Hard Drive as mp3s using Windows Media Player, then using Nero 5 to burn a data CD at 192 rate. It asked me whether I wanted to finalise the disc, and I said yes, I wonder whether this caused the problem.
The CD slot doesn't recognise the presence of the CD. Does anyone have any ideas?

ps its a XX54 reg car
You need sw v19.x or newer, I think with a 54 reg car you will have an earlier sw version.

I have a Sept 03 530d SE with Bus Nav and had v19.01 installed in November and MP3 works just fine. I use Nero to burn folders for each album onto the disc using either Data or MP3 setting in Nero both work OK. Being lazy I just convert files from my i- tunes libray from .m4a to .mp3 using Nero "encode audio files" option.
[/quote]

thanks very much for the info
Old 01-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

You can replace numbers with letters so your songs will be in order:
01 = a
02 = aa
03 = aaa

etc... Kinda pain int the tail to rename, but they will be in order...
Worth it? Does to me. Just a thought.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

I do that with some songs - if they have to be in order - like the last several songs on Abbey Road -
I got them to be in order, but there is still a slight pause between tracks - even though on the real album there were no pauses - any idea how to remove the pause?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Imperialblue - HK Sound - Panorama Roof - High Executive

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='218700' date='Jan 3 2006, 11:52 AM
I do that with some songs - if they have to be in order - like the last several songs on Abbey Road -
I got them to be in order, but there is still a slight pause between tracks - even though on the real album there were no pauses - any idea how to remove the pause?
That's a question I also have. How to remove the spaces between songs that originally on the CD were without a space. I've been told it cannot be done with MP3. but hey... I don't believe in "cannot".

What I do with songs that need to be without spaces (like all the mix compilations by Ti?sto) is to record the CD as one track. You will end up with one track where the spaces are left out. Disadvantage is that you cannot skip between numbers. You can record CD's as one MP3 track with CDEX (freeware).

I noticed that the display of iDrive starts at 00.00 when you reach the 60 minutes. Software bug...... I have live sessions on MP3 of around 3 to 5 hours on MP3 and every hour the counter starts at 00.00. I also would like to recommend to BMW (I understand they are reading this board) to have a progressive Fast Forward like all modern MP3 players have. In that way you can better move forward to the second half hour of long tracks.

Still waiting for a good IPOD integration (we have a wheel, a screen, upgradable software.....)

Does anyone notice a difference in sound quality when recording at 128 or 192 or 320? I record everything in 320 because I think the Logic7 does something with the inhearable higher and lower tones that MP3 filters out, but I'm no expert...... Would like to hear your experiences.

Eric
Old 01-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Originally Posted by speuk' post='218623
[font=Arial]

ps its a XX54 reg car

[/quote]

What version of Nero do you need to have the "encode audio files" option? I have a load of MP4 files in my iTunes library and have no idea how to copy them off in MP3 format. (So that I can use them on a standard MP3 player as well as rip to CD).

I have Nero 5 - any clues as to where to look would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: finally got my mp3's to work properly