E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

F*CKING DISGRACED

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we close this thread?
Old 01-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by 6530' post='231688
CAN SOME 1 TELL ME HOW I GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME BY MY FRIENDS G35 SEDAN AND NOT JUST O-60 IM TALKING ABOUT UP TO 110 MPH. HES NOT A GOOD DRIVER IT WAS A STR8 AWAY AND I STILL LOST.I WILL NEVER TRUST ANY CAR MAG STATS AGAIN...... OH AND BY THE WAY I HAVE A 545 SMG WITH B&B EXHAUST AND K N FILTER.
What are you doing racing a G35 anyway??? Way too much to lose on your part!!! I have a 530 and I get challenged to races all the time. Who's the man when you pull up to the traffic light and everyone wants to see who's in the beam???
If you wanted to race you should have bought an ole' ass civil and did the Fast and Furious thing (don't forget the neon lights on the undercarriage)! Why buy a lux BMW???
[/quote]Welcome. I bought mine because of looks, performance (both curved and straight lines), prestige, reputation, feel, and price in comparison to its peers. I like having a luxury car that will do better than 14 sec. 1/4's and sub 6 sec. 60's. Many, if not the majority of, luxury cars do these things. Why would they do these things if they are not important to a large percentage of the public that can buy them? And, actually, if one wants to go really fast for a good price, then why not buy a Z06 or a Viper? Why do the "Fast and Furious" thing? Not that I object to the "Fast and Furious" type cars. To each his or her own. One man's trash is another's treasure. Live and let live, and all that.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='231675
Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='231223' date='Jan 28 2006, 06:50 PM
[quote name='Znod' post='231221' date='Jan 29 2006, 10:44 AM']
[quote name='PoliticalAid007' post='231212' date='Jan 28 2006, 09:33 PM']
Who Friggin cares! Geez! I consider people who drag race their cars morons. If you want to race, go to a race track and become a "real" race car driver. I have seen way too many accidents from street racing. It is a serious danger to others. Enjoy the BMW for what it is meant to do, drive very, very well. Take it out on the back roads, have some fun, but drive SAFE.
I don't think we, on this forum, are into flaming; disrespecting others their opinions, or their foilbles; or being impolite. I do some ocassional street racing when it is safe enought IMO--which is not a justifiable reason for doing an irresponsible thing. But, I am not a moron nor do I like being referred to as one. What are your foibles? Do you talk on your cell phone while driving? Do you drive under the influence whether or not feeling the effects? Do you drive over the speed limit? You can tell the truth here. Most of us won't call you a moron. And, why are the back roads so safe? It's a matter of opinion and preference, right? But, if one disagrees with another, it doesn't make him or her a moron, right?
Yup totally agreed, I think we are all mature and responsible adults, but sometimes we just act like a kid behind the wheels Maybe the E60 make us feel young again.

Edit: Not that I am old, I am not even 30 yet.
[/quote]

I absolutely stand by my comment. If you or anyone is "street racing", you are moron! And, anyone who is street racing deserves and should be called a moron. First, street racing in illegal, and can land you in Prison for a good chunk of time. I think someone who risks going to prison for a cheap thrill is a moron. Second, you can seriously injure or kill innocent people when street racing, which will only compound point one, and devastate innocent family and friends. I believe deliberately doing illegal activities, which can injure and hurt innocent people does make a person a moron.

How in the world can anyone condone ILLEGAL actions, which could result in prison, serious injury, or death?
[/quote]

Politicians like to use the word, "Moron." It used to refer to a class of people, but now it's being used to call others, "stupid." I prefer to use the word, "unwise, not smart, not level minded, etc." Street racing" is unssafe and illegal, but it happens for different reasons and circumstances, e.g, adrenaline, rage, scheduled, etc. For instance, if Znod and I knew of a deserted 1 mile stretch and decided to race his Z06 against my future modded supercharger 545i to 60 mph or 1/4 trap, I do not think we are "moron." Calculated risk taking does not make one a moron, nor is breaking the law makes a person a moron.

The point is, no one deserves to be call a moron except himself/herself. Why? Because he/she would know his/her own story and action.

BTW, was the original poster racing in the streets?
[/quote]

Now, ask yourself this question, and please answer it honestly. What would you say if your wife, daughter, son, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, or friend was seriously injured or killed by a street racer? Are you honestly going to say that you are not going to be saying that person was a moron? I bet you would be saying a lot worse, and rightfully so, in addition, I bet you would want justice served, both criminal and civil. I am sure you are not going to go to court and tell the jury, this is a great guy, he was just having fun, please do not punish him, and please do not hold him liable.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

We deal with what you say. Why won't you answer my questions? I will answer the questions you raise above if you want, but it may be tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Members

545i loses to a G35. It happens. I've eaten an e46 m3 in a straightaway on a highway. people are different drivers. I caught the m3 off-gear. It happens. next.

MMAfia
Old 01-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' post='231571
OK, ok. I've changed my mind, gentlemen. I now condone adults who street race. I'll report back later. I'm going to roll over to the Sonic; get a #1 combo, with mayo; and look for some poor pimple-faced little punk driving a Z28, who wants to drag. I hope to God he doesn't have a K&N rig and a fatty pipe.

I will, of course, take my stopwatch with me. Isn't that what every responsible German luxury sedan street racer does? I have to post my quarter mile time, after all.

(Evenflow falls off chair.)
We don't have Sonic here in NY. Is it any good?

And doesn't iDrive already have a stopwatch function?!
(What do you think BMW engineers had in mind when they tried to imagine what customers would be timing...)
Old 01-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by PoliticalAid007' post='231725
545i loses to a G35. It happens. I've eaten an e46 m3 in a straightaway on a highway. people are different drivers. I caught the m3 off-gear. It happens. next.

MMAfia
You know what, I take back my 1st reply here describing my disbelief.

I'm seen stranger things happen....

...such as a 2000 360 Modena beating 2 different 2004 Challenge Stradales from a rolling start. The Modena has 25 less hp, is 300lb heavier, and is supposed to be much slower than the Stradale. The race happened in my area and I have either met or know of the owners of those cars. To this day, no one has been able to figure out why the Modena won. Trips to the dyno did not help.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

OK guys, how about a nice Haagen Dazs to cool you off? F*CKING DISGRACED-haagen.jpg
This has gotten way too far....I don't know why some people here don't think before they speak (type).
Old 01-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Haagen-Dazs might cool them off but your picture is making things HOT in here....
Old 01-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

That is a better hot... For that too Haagen dazs works

Quick Reply: F*CKING DISGRACED