E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

F*CKING DISGRACED

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='231846
Be happy with what you have, enjoy it and be safe with it. You may kill yourself or someone else trying to prove something that when it comes down to it, nobody gives a rat's ass about.
Agreed. But, I would not necessarily agree with your idea of what is safe. And, while you may not care about our cars' relative performances, many do. Neither perspective can be viewed as being the correct one.
Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='231846' date='Jan 30 2006, 06:59 AM
If you bought this car for racing other bozos on the street, you bought the wrong car - worst yet - you missed the entire point of owning a Bimmer.
Now you are getting personal. This forum is not about flaming; being disrespectful of others, their opinions, or their activities; or being impolite. You have, in effect called some of us bozos. I would strongly prefer that you simply make your points in a manner that avoids the things I mentioned above as well as name calling. Calling someone something inappropriated greatly detracts from the points you are making. Indeed, it make you look like one whose intention is simply to cause an uproar.

Finally, there is nothing more correct about the reasons you bought your car and the reasons others bought theirs. And, there is nothing correct about what you think is the point of owning a BMW vis-a-vis what others think the point is.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Talking

Originally Posted by Znod' post='231866
Just read this post and now I have to scream..

WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT AND WHY DO YOU GET SO WORKED UP ABOUT IT??? WGAF???

It's like being a martial arts expert - would you go around kicking everyone's butt until you found the guy that could kick yours? And then what? There's always going to be a faster car, a bigger truck, someone with more money, someone with a better looking girlfriend - when does it end?
Yes, it would be like martial arts experts who compete, spar, actually fight, and demonstrate their skills and powers other ways. So, you are right, but for the wrong reason. Amateur racing isn't about ill will. It is about competition, skill, ego, and the performance of one's auto.
Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='231846
If you bought this car for racing other bozos on the street, you bought the wrong car - worst yet - you missed the entire point of owning a Bimmer.
Now you are getting personal. This forum is not about flaming; being disrespectful of others, their opinions, or their activities; or being impolite. You have, in effect called some of us bozos. I would strongly prefer that you simply make your points in a manner that avoids the things I mentioned above as well as name calling. Calling someone something inappropriated greatly detracts from the points you are making. Indeed, it make you look like one whose intention is simply to cause an uproar.

Finally, there is nothing more correct about the reasons you bought your car and the reasons others bought theirs. And, there is nothing correct about what you think is the point of owning a BMW vis-a-vis what others think the point is.
[/quote]

Besides when you walk into a nightclub or bar are you gonna fight everyone who gives you a weird look or an accidental nudge? Even then (also with dragracing) you have to know your surroundings and limitations.

But there ARE times when you have no choice but to drop a punk who's askin' for it be it on the asphalt or sidewalk.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='231770' date='Jan 30 2006, 12:18 AM
OK guys, how about a nice Haagen Dazs to cool you off? Attachment 14862
This has gotten way too far....I don't know why some people here don't think before they speak (type).

Miss525i: Next time you are in the Chicago area, ask for Oberweis Ice-cream. In the tradition of this thread - "it will beats the pants off" Haagen Daz.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Guys .....I just wonder how the u can race in the States I saw pigs all around when I was there, where do you do it ??? and how if you have a limit of 60mph?

Secondly mentioning performance, Santiago has a FIVE FIVE ZERO ... and he can use it legally in Germany
Old 01-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Contributors

You can go places without cops. Was able to go 155 in Arizona. Regularly run 110 in Colorado.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by CRRobert' post='232082' date='Jan 30 2006, 10:18 PM
You can go places without cops. Was able to go 155 in Arizona. Regularly run 110 in Colorado.
Rob look out the window, they came for you
Old 01-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Contributors

V1 has payed for itself.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by CRRobert' post='232082
V1 has payed for itself.
Werd.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by ats77' post='232081' date='Jan 30 2006, 04:14 PM
Guys .....I just wonder how the u can race in the States I saw pigs all around when I was there, where do you do it ??? and how if you have a limit of 60mph?

Secondly mentioning performance, Santiago has a FIVE FIVE ZERO ... and he can use it legally in Germany
There are law enforcement officers who post here and read here. I advocate never using deragatory terms to refer to any others--no matter who they are, what they do, or what they ever have done.

And, the US speed limits are all across the board--anywhere from 55 to 75 MPH outside the towns and cities. So, speed limits don't determine where one might street race. "Street racing" most often refers to racing "on the streets of cities and towns" in the US--where speed limits can be much lower than 55 of course. And, in the US, "street racing" most often refers to drag racing versus road racing or top speeds.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by Znod' post='232115

There are law enforcement officers who post here and read here. I advocate never using deragatory terms to refer to any others--no matter who they are, what they do, or what they ever have done.

And, the US speed limits are all across the board--anywhere from 55 to 75 MPH outside the towns and cities. So, speed limits don't determine where one might street race. "Street racing" most often refers to racing "on the streets of cities and towns" in the US--where speed limits can be much lower than 55 of course. And, in the US, "street racing" most often refers to drag racing versus road racing or top speeds.
[/quote]

so it is just all upside down there

Quick Reply: F*CKING DISGRACED