E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='320421' date='Aug 8 2006, 08:58 PM
I wonder if anyone else has noticed this in the E60 before.

When I leave the headlight switch in "auto" position and turn the ignition off, the xenon lights will be switched off but the marker lights (angel eyes) will remain active until the driver's door is opened. I'm pleasantly surprised at this little feature.
hi ed,

i've had many kind people come up & knock on my window to remind me to turn off the headlights....
Old 08-09-2006, 06:19 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='320451' date='Aug 9 2006, 01:23 PM
No Zag, not the one sided park lights.

At the end of a journey, you switch off the igintion, right? Its just that I forgot to turn the light switch to "off" position from "auto" and I saw from the reflection on my main door, the 4 angel eyes were still left on. They automatically went off the moment I opened my door.

I wound down the window and tested again; this time standing outside the car when I turned the ignition off and the angels remained on. Opened the cr door and they went off again; cool....

BTW, same with the M6.
yes i knew about the marker/parking lights that would go off when you pull the key and open the door in auto mode back then when i first drove the car home.

I hardly use auto mode coz the way my car porch is.. the headlights always get turned on going in and coming out even in a broad daylight. This actually reduces the life cycle of the xenon.

Also in manual mode.. if you do not switch them off and open the door.. it will chime and if you leave them on.. the system will term in "parking light on"! Only the angel and side marker and tail light will be kept on.

the other feature i was referring too and hope you know it too is the parking light. Say you parked on the street and you want other cars to be on look out for your car and on top of reflector, by pushing the signal stalk up.. only the right hand tail and head marker light will be turned on. vice versa on left. I find this is good when i am parking on narrow residential area for passing cars to be alert. Probably you know about this one already.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='320544' date='Aug 9 2006, 10:19 PM
the other feature i was referring too and hope you know it too is the parking light. Say you parked on the street and you want other cars to be on look out for your car and on top of reflector, by pushing the signal stalk up.. only the right hand tail and head marker light will be turned on. vice versa on left. I find this is good when i am parking on narrow residential area for passing cars to be alert. Probably you know about this one already.
Would having this "single side parking lights" on for prolonged period affect the battery discharge? i.e. how long is too long? Its certainly useful.

The SLK has the same. At the lights knob, at 12 O'clock its "all off", at 1 O'clock its "Auto", at 2 O'clock its "Parking lights", at 3 O'clock "its Manual full lights".

Yet at 10 and 11 O'clock they have the "Left stationary parking lights" and "right side"... I have always wondered its is safe to use!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:08 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by RSLK' post='320773' date='Aug 10 2006, 08:26 AM
Would having this "single side parking lights" on for prolonged period affect the battery discharge? i.e. how long is too long? Its certainly useful.

The SLK has the same. At the lights knob, at 12 O'clock its "all off", at 1 O'clock its "Auto", at 2 O'clock its "Parking lights", at 3 O'clock "its Manual full lights".

Yet at 10 and 11 O'clock they have the "Left stationary parking lights" and "right side"... I have always wondered its is safe to use!
i use them quite often and i used Auto since day 1.
my battery is still running fine. (touch wood) after 2 yr 10 months.
i know it is time to change to prevent any dead battery and non start in the morning.
But it seems that this battery is still very strong now.
I remember i used to change my battery yearly in my C and S class.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:58 PM
lmk
Contributors

Zag,

here is the quote for 6 speed auto type E.
i am probably looking at the Schinka III at 119K full-option by November.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RX8.pdf (33.8 KB, 103 views)
Old 08-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Members

Hi Edlee,

I have a way of making the White LED angel lights brighter. Will let you know once i have it done.. cheers..
Old 08-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='320821
Hi Edlee,

I have a way of making the White LED angel lights brighter. Will let you know once i have it done.. cheers..
Sounds good. I've advertised to sell the H409 in the sg forum and am already negotiating with someone. If, however, you are able to find a fix using the same bubs, pls let me know pronto.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:06 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='320879' date='Aug 10 2006, 02:21 PM
Wow, thats alot to pay for an RX8. I wonder if the fuel consumption of this car be better than the 4 spd auto?
the consumption should be better technically due to the closer ratio of the gears. But not expecting to be better than 7-8km/l, probably close to your 545; with the lower Insurance and tax, even out.
Actually without the sports package like suspension, brakes and LSD plus DSC w EBD. the price is lower at 99K.
it can be even lower without the Bose sound system and the aero kit.
But i think the Shinka is cool.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:37 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by lmk' post='320888' date='Aug 10 2006, 03:06 PM
the consumption should be better technically due to the closer ratio of the gears. But not expecting to be better than 7-8km/l, probably close to your 545; with the lower Insurance and tax, even out.
Actually without the sports package like suspension, brakes and LSD plus DSC w EBD. the price is lower at 99K.
it can be even lower without the Bose sound system and the aero kit.
But i think the Shinka is cool.
thanks Lai for sharing the info. do you know what is the 0-100kph sprint number for the AT 6 speed?
$750 for road tax per year itself a marvel on value proposition as second car. Are you committing soon?
The suspension that came with MM cars are they different from what you refer to? That one itself is quite stiff already on cornering and cruising.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:03 AM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by zag' post='320895' date='Aug 10 2006, 03:37 PM
thanks Lai for sharing the info. do you know what is the 0-100kph sprint number for the AT 6 speed?
$750 for road tax per year itself a marvel on value proposition as second car. Are you committing soon?
The suspension that came with MM cars are they different from what you refer to? That one itself is quite stiff already on cornering and cruising.
i choose to wait for the Shinka III which will be open for booking in November.
One thing i am waiting for confirmation is the GPS nav screen, LTA may need approval.
Shinka III has different special color, trimmed A pillar, Nubuck leather and some other cosmetics changes from the type E or S which is already sup up. Negative point is no sun-roof allow due to the different structure for the Shinka.

Yes, the suspension is different from the MM 8. like the sport package for our E60. This is to complement the 18"Mazdaspeed rims. It is firmer.

By the way, the brake rotors are bigger than the MM 8 too.

i do not know how well it fair for the 0-100kmh yet for this toy, but i know with a few grand, you can change the ECU, exhaust system and the final gear to make it 5.7 sec in the current auto 4....better still if you are going to lighten the flywheel...i have downloaded a few videos, maybe i can share with you later. Some guys tested it in johore and sepang.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans