E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nutty Professor' post='317983' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:48 AM
cheers Bugaboo bro!! thanks for the map link!!!
Nutty..... you live in the east right? If you want, we can go down together.......

I know where it is.....

Greg
Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GuruGreg' post='318040' date='Aug 2 2006, 07:10 PM
Nutty..... you live in the east right? If you want, we can go down together.......

I know where it is.....
Greg
u coming? see ya later.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by B_73_M' post='317916
My ride's air-con recently started to emit a high-low pitch whining noise apparently from the centre duct. It was soft but became louder recently.
I notice that my E60 emits a high pitched noise only if the fan is set at full blast. I think it comes not from the fan but the outlet guides. Try adjusting them up and down slowly and you'll know what I mean.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:18 AM
Zig
Senior Members

My Ride: E39 525i, E60 530i, F10

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='318077' date='Aug 2 2006, 09:03 PM
I notice that my E60 emits a high pitched noise only if the fan is set at full blast. I think it comes not from the fan but the outlet guides. Try adjusting them up and down slowly and you'll know what I mean.
PML actually called me today to ask if the problem still exists and offered to arrange a service arrangement to leave my car overnight for observations. They even ask me to do it soon before my warranty expires. Quite thoughtful of them...

The sound emitted, apparently through the air-con vent, does not seem to be related to the outlet guides. Its a continuous 2-tone whine alternating at a frequency of 2 Hz. The loudness and tone of this whine is independant of fan speed. When I set the fan at its lowest, I could hear it but if I turn off the fan, its gone.

I managed to duplicate this problem recently but the outside temperature must be cool, ie early in the morning or late at night. For example, if the outside temperature is 25C to 27C and I set my air-con temperature to about 24C, I can hear this whine. If I set the temperature to 20C or 28C, the noise disappears. If the car runs long enough to heat up the engine bay, the whine also disappears.

That is why I always have a problem to demonstrating this issue to PML because they start work at 8am and ends at about 7pm. The outside temperature is still too warm for the whine to appear. When I explained this to PML, they actually offered to make special arrangements to leave my car overnight for observations! Not bad eh? I'll probably do that soon.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Members

May be a bad condenser... leaky or clogged.. ask PML to check. sometimes it could be something simple.. like low aircon gas...

Originally Posted by Zig' post='318080' date='Aug 2 2006, 09:18 PM
PML actually called me today to ask if the problem still exists and offered to arrange a service arrangement to leave my car overnight for observations. They even ask me to do it soon before my warranty expires. Quite thoughtful of them...

The sound emitted, apparently through the air-con vent, does not seem to be related to the outlet guides. Its a continuous 2-tone whine alternating at a frequency of 2 Hz. The loudness and tone of this whine is independant of fan speed. When I set the fan at its lowest, I could hear it but if I turn off the fan, its gone.

I managed to duplicate this problem recently but the outside temperature must be cool, ie early in the morning or late at night. For example, if the outside temperature is 25C to 27C and I set my air-con temperature to about 24C, I can hear this whine. If I set the temperature to 20C or 28C, the noise disappears. If the car runs long enough to heat up the engine bay, the whine also disappears.

That is why I always have a problem to demonstrating this issue to PML because they start work at 8am and ends at about 7pm. The outside temperature is still too warm for the whine to appear. When I explained this to PML, they actually offered to make special arrangements to leave my car overnight for observations! Not bad eh? I'll probably do that soon.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:44 AM
Members

Too many gentlemen here... cant accommodate my house wor..

[quote name='Edlee' date='Aug 2 2006, 09:03 PM' post='318077']
Good idea if we're forced out of the wine place. Maybe we can use your rooms to chill out after that? Got Ah Lians or not?
Old 08-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Finally PML got their man to replace Robert Friend, the After Sales Dir. Can't quite believe they got a local guy from Borneo Motors (Lexus??) for that position. He is Yeow Ing Hwa and is 2 day old today at PML - so guys, if you haven't been given satisfactory answers/service, he might be the person to look for eh?

RailMall gtg on Fri, what time guys?? After 2200 byo??
Old 08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Zig' post='318080' date='Aug 2 2006, 09:18 PM
Its a continuous 2-tone whine alternating at a frequency of 2 Hz.

WOW!!! You've got fantastic ears. Maybe the rest of us can consult you regarding the decibels of our squeaks in future!!!

Simple solution. Tell them to leave your ride in their airconditioned showroom for a day!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:53 AM
lmk
Contributors

haha! we can notice that he is a very technical man!

but our ears can only hear down to 20Hz, and max at 20K ...Zig must have Bionic ears.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='318143' date='Aug 2 2006, 11:53 PM
haha! we can notice that he is a very technical man!

but our ears can only hear down to 20Hz, and max at 20K ...Zig must have Bionic ears.
So the rumour is not rumour after all.

Zig, anything more about you that's enhanced? Like somewhere below the belt?

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans