E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:17 PM
lmk
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='300021' date='Jun 20 2006, 10:54 AM
Don't any how speculate hor!! I am 100% fit and don't need any blue or yellow pills. Can still play 36 holes walking course. But honestly, done a full medical check up last Dec and the doc said my cholestrol level is on the high side.

No problem for me if you want to call Ah Boa along.
hmm... i didn't know that Blue and Yellow pills have anything to do with 36 holes..????
Old 06-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='300033' date='Jun 19 2006, 10:17 PM
hmm... i didn't know that Blue and Yellow pills have anything to do with 36 holes..????

OT OT OT

i dont play out door golf at all but heres a a good one for you all who ar.e bored of out door golf...hahahaha

if you find it offensive i will delete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rules of Bedroom Golf

1. Each player shall furnish his own equipment for play, normally one club and two balls.

2. Play on a course must be approved by the owner of the hole.

3. Unlike outdoor golf, the object is to get the club in the hole and keep the balls out of the hole.

4. For most effective play, the club should have a firm shaft. Course owners are permitted to check the shaft for firmness before play begins.

5. Course owners reserve the right to restrict the length of the club to avoid damage to the hole.

6. The object of the game is to take as many strokes as necessary until the course owner is satisfied that play is complete. Failure to do so may result in being denied permission to play on the course again.

7. It is considered bad form to begin playing the hole immediately upon arrival at the course. The experienced player will normally take time to admire the entire course with special attention to the well formed bunkers.

8. Players are cautioned not to mention other courses they have played or are currently playing to the owner of the course being played. Upset course owners have been known to damage a player's equipment for this reason.

9. Players are encouraged to have proper rain gear along, just in case.

10. Players should assure themselves that their match has been properly scheduled, particularly when a new course is being played for the first time. Previous players have been known to become irate if they discover someone else is playing what they consider to be a private course.

11. Players should not assume a course is in shape for play at all times. Some players may be embarrassed if they find the course is temporarily under repair. Players are advised to be extremely tactful in this situation. More advanced players will find alternate means of play when this is the case.

12. Players are advised to obtain the course owners permission before attempting to play the back nine.

13. Slow play is encouraged, however, players should be prepared to proceed at quicker pace, at least temporarily, at the course owner's request.

14. It is considered outstanding performance, time permitting, to play the same hole several times in one match.

15. The course owner will be the sole judge of who is the best player. *HINT- Players are advised to think twice before considering membership at a given course. Additional assessments may be levied by the owner and the rules are subject to change. For this reason, many players prefer to continue to play several different courses

16. In most cases the rules permit that only one hole is available for play on a green during a match...

17. Unless you are playing "match play" in which you and a partner may play the course together.

18. Sometimes a foursome can be enjoyable but then wear and tear on the green can be signficant.

19. Most golfers prefer the green with the grass cut short.

20. Some clubs require rubber studs to steel spikes
Old 06-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tcc39' post='299669' date='Jun 19 2006, 08:31 PM
SFL33

So where did you mount the Nuvi? Did you keep the original charger cable? Thought of wiring up my C320 by got a feeling that I might change to a Nuvi. That's why I need to know where the Nuvi is mounted.
Mine is mounted adjacent to the IU reader beside the A-pillar. Its the perfect position for us to use it whilst driving and answering the calls thru Bluetooth - one neat package. Also, the wire is carefully hidden in the A-pillar.

The original Cigarette lighter charger cable will be modified and used for the internal wiring... due to the need to have the fuse intact.. i.e. you cannot just give them the normal USB cable. If you have multiple cars, would need to buy an additional suction bracket and cigarette lighter charger...
Old 06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lmk' post='299605' date='Jun 19 2006, 06:03 PM

i got it done successfully.

you need to use patch IMG and patch all maps together to get one gmapsupp.img file.
delete the old file and reset your GPS.
the map will shows on the gps, i got my shanghai and beijing map done, plus sing mal maps.
I tried putting all sorts of Garmin maps and piece them together... then my Singapore map started refreshing REALLY slowly... is there a maximum number of img files that can be patched and stitched together?
Old 06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by lmk' post='300033' date='Jun 19 2006, 10:17 PM
The blue and red start becoming useful starting from 19 onward. Wah he uses up to 36! Let's ask him when we meet for his secret , beside those pills!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by lmk' post='300033' date='Jun 20 2006, 11:17 AM
I am an avid golfer and I have heard stories of the 19th hole! Tcc39 continue past the 19th all the way to 36th.... no wonder need blue, yellow, red, green pills....

So who is gonna contact Ah Boa of get together this weekend? If you guys want, I will try and see if they are willing to come into Singapore on Saturday.

1628, where can I get my handicap for the type of golf game you play? Sounds interesting
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by SFL33X' post='300052' date='Jun 20 2006, 12:35 PM
I tried putting all sorts of Garmin maps and piece them together... then my Singapore map started refreshing REALLY slowly... is there a maximum number of img files that can be patched and stitched together?
it should not be slow and not heard of.

1. where did you store the img files? SD card or main memory?
2. how many maps did you stiched?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:07 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='300072' date='Jun 20 2006, 02:03 PM
I am an avid golfer and I have heard stories of the 19th hole! Tcc39 continue past the 19th all the way to 36th.... no wonder need blue, yellow, red, green pills....

So who is gonna contact Ah Boa of get together this weekend? If you guys want, I will try and see if they are willing to come into Singapore on Saturday.

1628, where can I get my handicap for the type of golf game you play? Sounds interesting
ya, 36th hole is really somethinig new to me. could he has some secret wing flaps that we do not know of?
blue, yellow, red and green....wow! more colours coming out now!

1628, like BZASB, where to get handicap huh?

IF you guys comfirmed the timing, call him earlier, maybe ah boa can make prior arrangements. I think he works on saturdays and not in malaysia.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:10 PM
lmk
Contributors

what is your co-ordinates for Sat?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Senior Members

Those who are keen on my little SLK... it has been delayed for another day.. cos C&C caused some scratches to the AMG bumpers and had to bring it back to respray... so ETA is tmr evening..

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans