E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ed. check this link.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=21740&st=0

and this diy from the m5 board.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66688
Old 02-05-2006, 07:12 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

anyone running with CIP version 20? pml reved up my ride during the last workshop visit and frigging retard feeling is back... so pissed!
Old 02-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by zag' post='235145' date='Feb 6 2006, 12:12 AM
anyone running with CIP version 20? pml reved up my ride during the last workshop visit and frigging retard feeling is back... so pissed!
Hi Zag,
Mine was upgraded to version 20 when they reset my remote key and seat memory faults a few weeks back. Immediately I feel my ride a little sluggish on pick up, especially on normal D mode. I remember the pick up was swifter before the upgrade.

Has anyone encounter this problem? All of a sudden, a message pop up saying Active Steering Fault, Active Steering Inactive follow by the message below. I don't feel anything off, the steering was not at an angle and drive straight, and the feel is as per normal. Could that be sensor fault? It has pop up everytime I start and restart the car. Has been like this for the past 2 days. Damn irritating.

E60 for Singaporeans-dsc00131.jpg
Old 02-05-2006, 07:43 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='235148
Hi Zag,
Mine was upgraded to version 20 when they reset my remote key and seat memory faults a few weeks back. Immediately I feel my ride a little sluggish on pick up, especially on normal D mode. I remember the pick up was swifter before the upgrade.
[/quote]

arghh! version 20 is sluggish and i wonder if they screwed my other "stuff" (from UK) too!

RPA does work....
Got a nail in my tyre this morning and RPA in the idrive prompted "tyre puncture". Didn't have a pressure gage in my car so couldn't tell which tyre is in trouble. All tyres still look pretty good in pressure. So went to petrol stn and filled all tyres up and see which one will be taking in more air. RPA is good and can be better if it can narrow down to the exact failing tyre.

The chap at the tyre shop pulled out a nail from the left rear tyre, the nail set right at the edge, a precarious position for repair so he warned. If he really split the tyre during repair, where in sg i can get another 285/19 Michelin PS2 right away? This get me thinking if the next set of tyres will still be the hard to get PS2!??
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

I am hitting 40k now and the computer had prompted me to have my oil and filter changed. I am sending it to PML next week, so I am getting v20? Darn. 520 already so sluggish, I don't need that version to slow me down further.

To test if your Active Steering is working, turn your steering wheel at stationary, if you need more than 3/4 turn to hit the limit each way, then your AS is really konked out. But a restart of engine should cure that problem. It happened to me a few times before the 1st month anniversary, but after the red eggs no more AS faults.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Members

hi

need help on mac mini.i have installed it but the resolution is very bad i can hardly make out the fonts graphics etc.
the docking icons on the bottom is very fuzzy.

what must i do to improve this

TIA
Old 02-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='235622
need help on mac mini.
AHA!!! LMK is back in town. Looks like its time for a mini GTG for those with interface problems.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by 1628' post='235656' date='Feb 6 2006, 11:28 AM
hi

need help on mac mini.i have installed it but the resolution is very bad i can hardly make out the fonts graphics etc.

TIA
Change the sesolution setting on the mac-mini to lowest resolution( either with PAL or NSTC). The deafult that you have now is very high and E60 screen cannot show this resolution. This would solve yopur problem you have now.

Just a few words of caution, the setting would go back to the default once you cycle the MAC power. You would also see that the screen is off and need to adjust the V and H on the video convertor. Also the video setting on the convertor does not store permanantly.

I had contacted the manufacturer and working out something on this, would keep all of you in the loop once it is materialised. Most likely would chnage to the new version of video convertor.

Good luck.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
lmk
Contributors

Originally Posted by tategoi' post='235622
Originally Posted by 1628' post='235656' date='Feb 6 2006, 11:28 AM
hi

TIA
Change the sesolution setting on the mac-mini to lowest resolution( either with PAL or NSTC). The deafult that you have now is very high and E60 screen cannot show this resolution. This would solve yopur problem you have now.

Just a few words of caution, the setting would go back to the default once you cycle the MAC power. You would also see that the screen is off and need to adjust the V and H on the video convertor. Also the video setting on the convertor does not store permanantly.

I had contacted the manufacturer and working out something on this, would keep all of you in the loop once it is materialised. Most likely would chnage to the new version of video convertor.

Good luck.

yes, play with the display settings on the mac.
the settings will not go off as long as your mac min is on standby mode.
my take is not to adjust the video settings on the interface, it may give you more confusions.
let me know if you need help.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by lmk' post='235948
I am hitting 40k now and the computer had prompted me to have my oil and filter changed. I am sending it to PML next week, so I am getting v20? Darn. 520 already so sluggish, I don't need that version to slow me down further.

To test if your Active Steering is working, turn your steering wheel at stationary, if you need more than 3/4 turn to hit the limit each way, then your AS is really konked out. But a restart of engine should cure that problem. It happened to me a few times before the 1st month anniversary, but after the red eggs no more AS faults.

I think many of us have forgotten about the 20 or so start up memories in our OBD II.

it means that the car computer will memorise 20 or so start ups and "characterise" itself accoring to our driving habits. this includes how we wish the car to pick up and slow downs.

Once the chip is reset, and re-programmed, the memories are ALL gone. there is no back up like a PDAs or computers.

Try to drive for a couple of weeks with some aggressive pick ups and let the car learn your driving habits.
you may feel that the car drives much better.
like on my 520, i have not really experienced any sluggish or jerks ever since i step on it while picking up.
it will only come back if i upgraded my software, after a couple of weeks again, the jerk feeling is gone.

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='235910
hi

TIA

Good luck.
[/quote]

yes, play with the display settings on the mac.
the settings will not go off as long as your mac min is on standby mode.
my take is not to adjust the video settings on the interface, it may give you more confusions.
let me know if you need help.
[/quote]

Just to add onto this, be careful when set the MAC-mini and power supply on standby mode, it drains off the battery at a quite high rate. Sometime, the car would set off the alarm of high draining of battery when left over the night or long period with the engine off. So far, I have not put it on standby for more them 1day without starting the engine.

Try and see if the same thing happens to you.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans