E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zag' post='218485' date='Jan 3 2006, 10:40 AM
for those unassuming it is a wolf in sheep clothing...
.......a sheep in wolf's clothing for now. Need a little more time to get used to the SMG, etc plus the fact that I gotta run it in. Hoping to clock in 5000Km before the SG track day in Feb.

Anyway, that meet-up was meant for the SG group. I'd be glad to come by if the E60 group guys want to have a look.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

Ed, congrats on the arrival of the black beauty:

BZSAB: just a quick question - when you connect your ipod video to the idrive screen thru the interface box do you see the ipod menu's - or do you have to peer down at the ipod to look at the menus to navigate?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 - 520i Dec 2004 built Previous 320i for 5 years

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='218522
for those unassuming it is a wolf in sheep clothing...
.......a sheep in wolf's clothing for now. Need a little more time to get used to the SMG, etc plus the fact that I gotta run it in. Hoping to clock in 5000Km before the SG track day in Feb.

Anyway, that meet-up was meant for the SG group. I'd be glad to come by if the E60 group guys want to have a look.
[/quote]
Edlee,
Sure.
We, the E60 group, would be honoured to view your M6 beauty. And probably a photo-shot.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Hey Ed, trying to run in your new baby quickly?

You should have rev'ed a bit and let me hear the V10 growl. I had my window down. Or, I should have waited at the bus stop while you u-turned.

Looks great!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Yankee' post='218575
Hey Ed, trying to run in your new baby quickly?

You should have rev'ed a bit and let me hear the V10 growl. I had my window down. Or, I should have waited at the bus stop while you u-turned.

Looks great!
Ha ha ha...... Yeah, I'm now running errands for everyone in the family; just to add in mileage. So far achieved only 520 plus Km. Still plenty to go.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Senior Members

ed..can u do some marketing for me? oh ya.. at 1.15pm pls go to nanyang primary school and fetch my son home daily.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Edlee, Congrats for your new M6 ! OMG i almost pissed my pants when i saw you in your M6 outside IKEA.. I knew it was definitely you when i saw the quad exhaust from far.

Sorry for being so late, i was just back from Taiwan this morning. I saw another M6 in a Autoshow over there, it is Indianapolis Red.. the color looks pretty neat and cool actually. So how's the ride so far? I received a text msg from Jeremy (i believe it's totoseow? sorry if i'm wrong, i'm really bad in remembering names), he was saying how fast your M6 was compared to his E60.. I could understand how he felt because i felt exactly the same way when i tested the new M5 in states.

Anyhow, really looking forward to see you soon.. (with your M6 if possible )
Old 01-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Members

Hey guys!

Where can I get the 3M car bra done..... PML? Is this for the bonnet, bumper?

Cheers
tubbs
Old 01-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 523iA

Originally Posted by eugeneloke' post='218572' date='Jan 3 2006, 03:01 PM
BZSAB: just a quick question - when you connect your ipod video to the idrive screen thru the interface box do you see the ipod menu's - or do you have to peer down at the ipod to look at the menus to navigate?
When you transfer video to screen, only volume bar can be seen on the screen. You still have to use the ipod's display.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by BZSAB' post='218827
When you transfer video to screen, only volume bar can be seen on the screen. You still have to use the ipod's display.
[/quote]

Apple has made its interface proprietory. Their players will not automatically push these info out. A manufacturer will have to sign an agreement with Apple to get the protocol and pay royalties on the units sold. Also our interface is "dump". It only transmit audio/video to the idrive but no control back from idrive to the unit. And, there is no way one can control the iPod without idrive software being updated. Unless of course, a super iPod that functions like a PC --- mac mini.

Someone in this site has mentioned "drive+play" from Harmon. I know it's in Singapore already fro about S$400 with installation I think. It has its own small display and a idrive-like control knob. The only thing is it's wired. Have to figure out a good way to hide the wires.

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans