E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 12:33 AM

Hi, Nomerce, S$200,000 is US$117,000 and not US$80,000. You are right about our import tax for cars. It is 150%. Also, we have to pay S$25,000 to buy the entitlement to buy a car on top of the car price and the tax. If the car prices in Singapore were as cheap as in the US, every car on the road will be either a E60 545i or E500.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing...150% importtaxes. Little crowded country, so high taxes otherwise everybody buys a car and the roads can't handle that? Something like that I think. And yeah, I've made a mistake in the euro to dollar estimation, its 1 to 1,23 or something now yeah.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:58 AM
Members

Drove my E60 520i with 254 km clocked home in heavy rain today. The car's road holding on wet road is good. The active steering seemed to be stiffer when the car is driven in heavy rain. Should it behave this way? Anyone had a similar experience?
Old 12-19-2003, 01:01 PM
520i

wow...so advanced. If that is true, I really have nothing to say about this car. Let me try it out next week. Hopefully it rains so i can test the rain steering
Old 12-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Members

Hi 520i, good morning! I read somewhere that the E60 can read the road condition and if the road is wet and when the car goes over a puddle of water, the steering stiffens and the road grip increases. I hope the car does not evolve into one of those machines in Terminator or Matrix Revolution and we owners of E60 become their slaves. Hahaha! Any way, clocked another 30 km and let me tell you this - the more you drive the car, the better it feels! Not matter what people say about its look, the dynamics of this car is simply terrific and the drive feel is nothing that I have experienced before in a BMW.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Senior Members

envy....everytime i c one on the road...i salivate...the wait continues....

just wondering if pml sets up the bluetooth for u? which fone models r suitable?
Old 12-19-2003, 11:23 PM
iasu King

Hi 530i (brother of 520i?), the car is blue tooth enable. You need a phone with blue tooth capability to use the blue tooth feature in the car. Many of the new phone models have this capability. PML can carry out the installation for you if you want blue tooth feature.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 530i' date='Dec 20 2003, 12:45 AM
envy....everytime i c one on the road...i salivate...the wait continues....

just wondering if pml sets up the bluetooth for u? which fone models r suitable?
Hi 530i.

I'm also interested in the E60 bluetooth feature. Have been talking to the guys at PML. It is much cheaper to have the bluetooth feature installed when you order the car than to retro-fit. I'm still waiting for a confirmation from PML. Apparently they require approval from LTA/IDA for bluetooth.

As for phones, BMW currently only has cradles for 3 phone models, if I remember correctly the Ericsson T68i is one of them, the others are a Siemens and a Nokia. Any bluethooth phone will work, but having one that fits a cradle means that your phone gets charged on the move and can also use that "fin" like antenna above the rear windscreen for better reception. I quite sure cradles will be available for other phone models in the future.

Will be ordering a 530i soon, either next week or early Jan, still can't decide on the colour though, trying to armtwist PML for sterling grey (not an official colour) since it's a special order. Will get my car in April/May timeframe accroding to the sales guy.

options:
Bluetooth, Adaptive Xenons, Professional Radio (can play MP3s after March04 software update)

eggz
Old 12-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

hi yello328....that is exactly what i mean...the cradles they hv is very limited. n its not on the options list to enable your blue tooth....i hv the full list to c....n none of the 3 fones excite me....

apparently enabling it is easy....they can do it here locally.

i m wondering if my logic 7 can play mp3?
Old 12-20-2003, 04:17 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Hi..
yes you are right. I have the same experience with active steering while driving through the pool of water. I didn't have to hold on tight like my previous bimmers.
the active steering stiffen up tremendously.

I collected my e60 530i (silver grey/ black) last month towards the end of Nov. I have 1800 km on it now. So far road holding has been fantastic and cornering is very very sharp, but I have experienced wheel spin during take off at turns with DTC cut in on wet road and I wasn't gunning it. The run flat tyre thing is still a mystery to me.

However I have had this problem not sure you have noticed it:
- door creaks - PML yet to fix for me
- FM radio reception is poorer
- steering turn with clicking noises - PML still diagnosing

cheers

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans