E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 for Singaporeans

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zag, any different in drive feel after oil change?
Old 07-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by sg520i' date='Jul 29 2004, 07:56 AM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Jul 29 2004, 06:24 AM'] [quote name='totoseow' date='Jul 29 2004, 06:10 AM'] i feel that the specs of singapore E60 is v different from other parts of the world.
Are you serious about this??? a BMW is a BMW doesn't matter where you are on this world! [/quote]
yeah...indeed it is different. Singapore e60 comes with active steering as standard accessories. No extra charge.

Better still, dynamic drive is free for ZAG..... [/quote]
Very nice!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Members

530E60NL, you see, Singaporeans very kiasu and want everything free. Otherwise, we will not buy E60.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:16 AM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by Guest_kiasu king kong' date='Jul 30 2004, 03:42 PM
Zag, any different in drive feel after oil change?
OK... got my car back this afternoon and drove it for a distance on CTE/AYE. After oil change.. dun feel any discernible difference. Smooth as always!
Oil change bill S$282. Smart ass PML will sell you by default one liter of engine oil for occassional top up when oil level is low (high evaporation rate they said for the SAE0-40 grade). Guess people have been driving in when the oil warning comes on and top up FOC and they are tired of it and want to charge now.

I am pissed with the new software they upgraded: Version 12.1, I was on version 10.x previously.

Compare to the old one, they changed the instrument cluster display on the i drive... ie
- Now there is a warning about using i-drive while driving message and you gotta hit "Accept" to clear the screen. Good but irritating!
- The new software - changed On board to "OBC"
- The climate control air flow settings no longer shows at the bottom of the screen
- Radio setting got RDS option. What!?

Got the CSA to jack up the car and have the technician point to me where are all the dynamic drive actuators are. Good! They are all there! Now I know how to tell by looking at one!

It is ironical that i have been driving around not knowing or sure that my ride is DD equipped so been smiling and accepting praises from passenger friends about how superb the corner handling has been with BMW "conventional" suspension set up. I felt so cheated.
Darn! should i be complaining?
Old 07-30-2004, 03:02 AM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by sg520i' date='Jul 29 2004, 09:56 PM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Jul 29 2004, 06:24 AM'] [quote name='totoseow' date='Jul 29 2004, 06:10 AM'] i feel that the specs of singapore E60 is v different from other parts of the world.
Are you serious about this??? a BMW is a BMW doesn't matter where you are on this world! [/quote]
yeah...indeed it is different. Singapore e60 comes with active steering as standard accessories. No extra charge.

Better still, dynamic drive is free for ZAG..... [/quote]

for what i paid for the first batch back then, i could have gotten dyn drive with sport suspension; moon roof; addaptive head light; sport steering.
did someone got all the option for less than S$240K? eggz did you?
6spman.. how much did pay for the boat load of option on your car.. if not too sensitve to ask?

the only thing i am regretting now is to have to fork out at least S$2.5K for a sport steering.. coz the airbag is not compatible with the stock ones. Sianz!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zag' date='Jul 30 2004, 05:02 AM
did someone got all the option for less than S$240K? eggz did you?
No man, in the end I paid something like $247K. The options alone came to a little short of $17K
Old 07-31-2004, 02:01 AM
tmyr

How can you tell by looking underneath the car that there is dynamic drive ?

Any recommendation on non run flat tyres and how much ?

tmyr
Old 07-31-2004, 02:32 AM
tmyr

Originally Posted by zag' date='Jul 30 2004, 04:16 AM
[quote name='Guest_kiasu king kong' date='Jul 30 2004, 03:42 PM']Zag, any different in drive feel after oil change?
OK... got my car back this afternoon and drove it for a distance on CTE/AYE. After oil change.. dun feel any discernible difference. Smooth as always!
Oil change bill S$282. Smart ass PML will sell you by default one liter of engine oil for occassional top up when oil level is low (high evaporation rate they said for the SAE0-40 grade). Guess people have been driving in when the oil warning comes on and top up FOC and they are tired of it and want to charge now.

I am pissed with the new software they upgraded: Version 12.1, I was on version 10.x previously.

Compare to the old one, they changed the instrument cluster display on the i drive... ie
- Now there is a warning about using i-drive while driving message and you gotta hit "Accept" to clear the screen. Good but irritating!
- The new software - changed On board to "OBC"
- The climate control air flow settings no longer shows at the bottom of the screen
- Radio setting got RDS option. What!?

Got the CSA to jack up the car and have the technician point to me where are all the dynamic drive actuators are. Good! They are all there! Now I know how to tell by looking at one!

It is ironical that i have been driving around not knowing or sure that my ride is DD equipped so been smiling and accepting praises from passenger friends about how superb the corner handling has been with BMW "conventional" suspension set up. I felt so cheated.
Darn! should i be complaining? [/quote]
dear zag,

you are right, just look underneath my 530i (its the first batch) and there is DD set-up inside (with actuators). I was extremely impressed with the lack of roll in my car for some time now without realizing that it was due to the DD.

tmyr.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tmyr' date='Jul 31 2004, 04:32 AM
you are right, just look underneath my 530i (its the first batch) and there is DD set-up inside (with actuators). I was extremely impressed with the lack of roll in my car for some time now without realizing that it was due to the DD.

tmyr.
Hi tmyr,

Congrats man! another lucky early E60 adopter. Looks like even your sales folks didn't know about the DD in your cars!

It's a nice gift for taking the plunge early and PML picks up the tab!

eggz
Old 07-31-2004, 10:19 PM
zag
Contributors

Originally Posted by tmyr' date='Jul 31 2004, 06:32 PM
dear zag,
tmyr.

Cool! It is confirmed than the first batch of 530i are all equipped with DD.

By the way, lately I noticed that after 15 odd thousand of kms on the run flat tyres, the grip has improved and i experienced less screeching taking off from stationary at a turn.
Also driving for couple of days after oil change, i felt the engine is more torquey now and DSC came on more frequently in the last two days. I wonder!

eggz,
i think PML sales kept this out customers for some reasons probably not to stir things up. Toto, you might more insight to this!?
The sales rep i dealt with seems oblivious to this or acted as if she was.
Honestly i was so torn by the dilemma at that point (after sepang experience that i gotta have DD) either to stay with the order or change with additional options and get the car in March. I decided to keep the order and get the car in November!

Quick Reply: E60 for Singaporeans