E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Forum for Canadian Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by Take-Heed' date='Jan 28 2005, 10:08 AM
Bluetooth for Bell Mobility

I was talking to someone at Bell yesterday because I am interested in using the Bluetooth option when my car arrives.? They told me they have no compatible phones.

Has anyone found a Bell Mobility phone that will work with Bluetooth in the BMW?? If not, what other providers have compatible phones?

Thanks
[snapback]84094[/snapback]
Rogers has SE T637 and a couple of Moto phones that reportedly work. I've been told by the local dealer that the have problems with Telus as they have disabled some of the BT features in their firmware.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Jan 28 2005, 12:28 PM
[quote name='Take-Heed' date='Jan 28 2005, 10:08 AM']Bluetooth for Bell Mobility

I was talking to someone at Bell yesterday because I am interested in using the Bluetooth option when my car arrives.? They told me they have no compatible phones.

Has anyone found a Bell Mobility phone that will work with Bluetooth in the BMW?? If not, what other providers have compatible phones?

Thanks
[snapback]84094[/snapback]
Rogers has SE T637 and a couple of Moto phones that reportedly work. I've been told by the local dealer that the have problems with Telus as they have disabled some of the BT features in their firmware.
[snapback]84159[/snapback]
[/quote]
Bell has nothing, Rodgers is your best bet, they have 3 or 4 phones that will work!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Members

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I may have to switch to Rogers.

Bell seems so backwards now. You still can't get cell phones from them that will work overseas (e.g. in Europe).
Old 01-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Take-Heed' date='Jan 28 2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the info.

Looks like I may have to switch to Rogers.

Bell seems so backwards now.? You still can't get cell phones from them that will work overseas (e.g. in Europe).
[snapback]84267[/snapback]
You're right ... I have a quad band GSM from Rogers that I use in Europe, Africa, Australia, USA and Canada with no problems ... next to being expensive when roaming
Old 01-29-2005, 07:40 AM
Members

Heated Sports Steering Wheel and Ride Height?

OK, another couple of dumb questions. I'm on a roll!

In my existing 540i with the M sport steering wheel, the wheel itself is not heated. This was the only disadvantage with getting this steering wheel, which otherwise is a great improvement over the old thinner wheel.

I had the old wheel in my previous 540i. I used to enjoy the heat function because it meant I didn't need to wear gloves for such a long time when driving the car in winter.

The brochure doesn't mention that the heating function is deleted when you get a 545i with the Sports Package so I am hoping the sports steering wheel is heated. Is this so?

Also, another problem I have with the current car is that I have scraped the front apron a number of times on those concrete parking spot stops which I do not notice until it's too late. I know this is not the car's fault but I am wondering if there is much difference in the clearance in the sports vs non-sports 545i. I have ordered the PDC which I hope will help with my problem.

Thanks for all the help. I guess I am looking forward to getting my car in May and the excitement is causing me to bring out the questions.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by Take-Heed' date='Jan 29 2005, 10:40 AM
Heated Sports Steering Wheel and Ride Height?

OK, another couple of dumb questions.? I'm on a roll!

In my existing 540i with the M sport steering wheel, the wheel itself is not heated.? This was the only disadvantage with getting this steering wheel, which otherwise is a great improvement over the old thinner wheel.

I had the old wheel in my previous 540i. I used to enjoy the heat function because it meant I didn't need to wear gloves for such a long time when driving the car in winter.

The brochure doesn't mention that the heating function is deleted when you get a 545i with the Sports Package so I am hoping the sports steering wheel is heated.? Is this so?

Also, another problem I have with the current car is that I have scraped the front apron a number of times on those concrete parking spot stops which I do not notice until it's too late.? I know this is not the car's fault but I am wondering if there is much difference in the clearance in the sports vs non-sports 545i.? I have ordered the PDC which I hope will help with my problem.

Thanks for all the help.? I guess I am looking forward to getting my car in May and the excitement is causing me to bring out the questions.
[snapback]84500[/snapback]
I have the sports package and I have a heated steering wheel. I agree with you that it is a neice feature. I missed it in my E39 as it was deleted when I ordered the sports package.

I learned some time ago not to park very close to the parking curbs. My new E60 is still quite low, particularly with the sports package. I have learned to stay well back of the parking curbs. I have found that the PDC is not much help in picking up the curb distance.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Members

Thanks, again Ademitt.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

Has anyone in Canada done an European Delivery? If so, how long from the time you placed your order for the car and the time you where allowed to pick the car up in Germany? Also, after drop-off, how long until you got the car in Canada ...
Old 01-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Originally Posted by Canada545' date='Jan 30 2005, 04:43 PM
Has anyone in Canada done an European Delivery?? If so, how long from the time you placed your order for the car and the time you where allowed to pick the car up in Germany? Also, after drop-off, how long until you got the car in Canada ...
[snapback]84906[/snapback]
I haven't seen any Canadian European deliveries on E60.net. I have experience with ED but not E60. Placed order early June, Picked up in Munich Mid September. Dropped off in Frankfurt 14 August the following year and picked up at Anaciss (sp?) Island in New Westminster (Vancouver) on 13 September. Would take a several days longer to get to Alberta I would think.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by Rawn' date='Jan 22 2005, 11:01 PM
[quote name='Canada545' date='Jan 22 2005, 02:15 PM'][quote name='Rawn' date='Jan 22 2005, 12:53 PM']Hi Guys,
I just ordered a 545 to replace my 540.
For an extra fee of $400 (special order fee) I was able to order the satellite pre-wiring; allowing me to drive down to burlington, VT and have Sirius installed.
Without it, you can never add the Sirius.
Just thought you all should know.

Ron in Montreal
[snapback]81907[/snapback]
Thats great ... I plan to order this friday ... Satellite prep in the states is listed at $75USD ...
[snapback]81921[/snapback]
[/quote]
The $400 is just the special order fee. I will also be charged for the actual option.
[snapback]82070[/snapback]
[/quote]

Quick Reply: E60 Forum for Canadian Cars