E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 Active Steering issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 02:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmyachtie
Considering your history from what you posted I would find a good BMW dealer with a good software guy and have the software (whole car ) reloaded. Should only cost $250 max. And see what happens think it's worth a shot before replacing the rack.
Due to low voltage by battery failing things can get real squirrelly with these cars, when I got mine it was 8 yrs old and only had 63000kms that's les than 40Kmiles and had battery go south many times due to sitting instead of being driven I had all kinds of weird things happen the first yer I drove it and spend more time with it hooked up,to,my laptop running INPA, DIS and more to,try to get it fixed and finally after talking to several of my local experts here got a new me of a good BMW computer guy working at my local dealer and told him that I wanted the software reloaded, after over an hour the tech came and told me the cluster was shot and needed for re placement Imtold him. Noway as I had already tried that so he went back and tried again and they got everything working right it can be tricky....

Therein lies my problem bro. I don't have access to the dealer or a good BMW software person.
I am in Jamaica. The car is Jap Spec, imported by me, and the dealer has a policy that they don't work on US or Jap imports. Just the Euro spec that they themselves import.
I need a software person badly.
I like you have had battery issues as the car hasn't been driven for months at a time as I travel a lot.
The IBS cable and sensor were bad an replaced as the battery wasn't keeping the charge. The battery is relatively new, but has died and been jump started numerous times. Now it seems to be holding the charge, but idk if all the dying and jumping affected some of the sensors or the software.
Please look at my earlier posts to see the codes which come up.
Do you know if the software can be reloaded remotely via Team Viewer?
Is there anyone on the forum who could look at the vehicle remotely and see if they can discern anything?
I am willing to pay a professional if they can assist.
I am at my wits end.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:30 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5 SMG
Model Year: 2006

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but fluid top up and reconnecting the battery has always fixed my adaptive steering errors. Never had a sensor problem.